House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ezekiel

Massively Off Topic But ....

is it only my wife who loads the dishwasher apparently at random and is allergic to putting things in straight so you can fill the fecker up???

Also, is mine the only one who when she empties the dishwasher, puts the cutlery back in different sections of the drawer so that one week the forks are on the left and other weeks they're in the middle :blink: ???

Don't get the wrong impression, I load and empty the thing too but I try do it consistently and not like I'm having a complete fit when I put the plates in.

My partner can't get the concept that allowance should be made for differently sized and shaped plates; that there should always be a gap large enough for the water to circulate freely.

is it only my wife who loads the dishwasher apparently at random and is allergic to putting things in straight so you can fill the fecker up???

Also, is mine the only one who when she empties the dishwasher, puts the cutlery back in different sections of the drawer so that one week the forks are on the left and other weeks they're in the middle :blink: ???

Don't get the wrong impression, I load and empty the thing too but I try do it consistently and not like I'm having a complete fit when I put the plates in.

Can I have a 99 with strawberry sauce please?

Mine tries to get away without using a tea-cloth for drying-up; apprently she can't see why it's a problem putting stuff away still wet. I've taken to lurking around the kitchen to make sure 'mr tea-cloth' says hello to all the nice plates.

Oh and another thing, she keeps putting the steak-knives in the butter-knife section of the cutlery tray. Grrrr.

Fancy swapping? At least you have a dish-washer.

Aren't dishwashers a pain. You have to put the dirty stuff in and when its finished take it all out again and put it away.

I think the answer is to have two dishwashers. When one is full of dirty crockery, cutlery, pots and pans you put it on. You then use the other one to take out the clean crockery, cutlery, pots and pans when you need to use them.

Just alternate between the two, much more efficient.

You are lucky. My wife also applies this logic to clothes, books, DVD's and basically anything else in the house. I am forever asking where things are as they are never in the same drawer or cupboard they were in last week.

....and don't get me started on the concept of checking the car actually is locked, rather than hurrying off and randomly pressing any of the key fob buttons when she is already out of range of the car.

My random contribution:

I put 3 pairs of socks in my washing machine along with jeans towels, T-shirts etc. After they were washed 5 socks remained, I definitely put 6 socks in.....I'm just baffled :blink: , I looked in the drum rim etc, there nowhere it could get lost or hidden.

This is the theory I came up:

The washing machine was spinning so fast that the sock collapsed on itself and now remains forever lost in another dimension.

now I have 2 pairs of socks and an odd one.

Guest X-QUORK

The lack of a dishwasher has been the biggest single annoyance since we started renting.

What do you need a dishwasher for when you have a wife?

Stop expecting women to do intelligent things, she will have had important things on her mind like what lipstick to wear!

:lol:

There's me saying "The optimimum packing density is when the largest items are packed first at regular intervals, followed by the middle-size......ouch".

The ouch from the rolling pin is usually sufficient for me to avoid the subject again.

VMR.

where do all the teaspoons go!

i make coffee in a filter, and sweeten with sweeteners, but teaspoons make me feel comfortable

Aren't dishwashers a pain. You have to put the dirty stuff in and when its finished take it all out again and put it away.

I think the answer is to have two dishwashers. When one is full of dirty crockery, cutlery, pots and pans you put it on. You then use the other one to take out the clean crockery, cutlery, pots and pans when you need to use them.

Just alternate between the two, much more efficient.

Pure genius! You really ought to suggest this to the developers/kitchen installers-I can see it catching on!

Your bird loads the dishwasher :o !!!!! My other half has never put anything in it in her life and doesn't even know how to turn the fecker on!

Are you married to my wife?

I have to restack the dishwasher before it is put on.

I don't mind though, I consider it good training (see link)

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2009/02/23/dish...le-class-games/