House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sibley's Love Child

Hardcore Repo?

I happened to stumble across this listing on Rightmove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-26078240.html?

Now, to my untrained eyes this looks like a repossession. If this is the case (and for any posters with more insight into these things) is it common for a property to be repossessed with - what appears to be - all the former occupant's possessions still in it?

There may well be a more innocent explanation for this; if not, this really does epitomise the spirit of the age.

Is anyone able to shed more light on this?

Guest joeschmo
I happened to stumble across this listing on Rightmove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-26078240.html?

Now, to my untrained eyes this looks like a repossession. If this is the case (and for any posters with more insight into these things) is it common for a property to be repossessed with - what appears to be - all the former occupant's possessions still in it?

There may well be a more innocent explanation for this; if not, this really does epitomise the spirit of the age.

Is anyone able to shed more light on this?

Yes the "do not use " stickers across the cooker etc would usually indicate that this is a repo.The occupants would have been given reasonable notice to remove their goods. A notice will then be placed on the property giving them a further period to apply to remove them before they are then removed by the organisation who has repo'd the house.

Yes the "do not use " stickers across the cooker etc would usually indicate that this is a repo.The occupants would have been given reasonable notice to remove their goods. A notice will then be placed on the property giving them a further period to apply to remove them before they are then removed by the organisation who has repo'd the house.

The other dead give away is the statutory notice attached to the property - in the window.

Thanks Joe, so presumably the former occupants, for whatever reason, have decided to leave their stuff there? Bizarre.

Thanks also 6538, I wasn't aware of that.

I viewed a repo once; a general air of damp neglect, cheap furniture, broken kids toys, loo/sinks etc taped off. The saddest thing though was a couple of screwn up 'National Lottery' tickets by the bed. Obviously the former 'owner' had one last desperate 'throw of the dice' (if you'll pardon the pun.)

There will be a few more over the next couple of years.

Guest joeschmo
I viewed a repo once; a general air of damp neglect, cheap furniture, broken kids toys, loo/sinks etc taped off. The saddest thing though was a couple of screwn up 'National Lottery' tickets by the bed. Obviously the former 'owner' had one last desperate 'throw of the dice' (if you'll pardon the pun.)

There will be a few more over the next couple of years.

I bought one in the last property crash. I never felt comfortable there...almost as though it was haunted with sadness :(