House Price Crash Forum

Recent Auction Results

HOLA441
HOLA442

Welcome BishBashBosh!

You don't say what part of the country you're in, so it would be pointless to put auction results up if they were in the wrong area...

I don't think I've ever said this to anyone - internet or otherwise - but... DYOR.

There are several threads here in the local forum that menion the latest auctions, and also the regular local auction houses - in fact the 4th thread on here relates to the Brown and Co auction, there's also one mentioning the Goldings auction and one on the Barnard Marcus auction, and TOPs auction houses are regularly mentioned...

Maybe when you've found some auction results, you can pick a few properties on there that have been sold previously, and compare the prices etc, and let us know what you think about the current sale prices - that way we get to learn about your opinions, and it all adds to the discussion. :)

HOLA443

Auction House - Norfolk & North Suffolk

Interesting note about the victorian style terraced houses in the Norwich area:

Lot 3 - 9 Livingstone St is an ex-rental requiring updating. This sold for £114k

Lot 9 - 99 Alexandra St is a house with regulated tenancy requiring updating. Sold @ £104k

Lot 10 - 195 Spixworth Rd is a house with regulated tenancy requiring updating. Sold @ £74k

Not au fait with tenancy laws but I assume that the regulated tenants are there and until they decide to leave (or breach their contract)?

The price of the Livingstone St house indicates to me that the house prices are stabilising...looks like I'll be stuck with my current rung of the housing ladder for quite a long time to come (unless I obtain really highly paid work which isn't likely). :(

HOLA444
HOLA445
Well thank you for the welcome & the advise, I am interested in the Norfolk area and had seen an add for a auction around this time by Aldreds but I cant seem to find a site for it :( please help a newbie

Aldreds site

For auction properties, click the 3rd radio button at the top of the browser. :)

HOLA446

I couldn't make the auction button on their website work :( I'm not v technical, so maybe I'm doing something wrong....

This link says that Adreds are part of EIG, andthis link has a list of EIG's latest auctions - although none of them seem to be Aldreds auctions - sorry.

This link is very useful, as you can search their auction properties for sold in the past, or ones up for auction n the future in a certain postcode/town or area - use the drop down arrow to change from future auctions to past 1/3/6 months sold. I'm presuming that if they're a part of EIG, then it should include the Aldreds auction that you mentioned...