House Price Crash Forum

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...B8CD6C8D2ED1FEF

They've already go t the highest murder rate - will the 16-25 year olds who can't get jobs run riot in this country?

On top of this, we've got the demographic time bomb of the baby boomers retiring with much more money and better prospects than anyone else in the UK.

Could this be how it starts?

They've already go t the highest murder rate - will the 16-25 year olds who can't get jobs run riot in this country?

On top of this, we've got the demographic time bomb of the baby boomers retiring with much more money and better prospects than anyone else in the UK.

No, they won't. They'll just **** around and shoot up.

Ha Ha! :lol:

As long as I get the ladies brazilian beach volleyball team! ;)

Does anyone remember a series of "what if" type shows were on TV a while back? There was one where the younger generation went nuts because there were forced to pay more and more to keep the older generation living the good life.

Can anyone remember the name or know where it can be found online?

Guest Steve Cook

I wouldn't blame them if they do riot. At least then they might get to attack their real enemies instead of each other.

This stinking, debt ridden, materially obsessed, individualised, sorry excuse for a culture has f*cked them up and f*cked them over.

My generation should be ashamed of the world our fear and greed has made.

But then, my generation (or, at least, the majority of us), no more or less than any other, are merely than puppets of the real b*stards who caused this mess. The quiet ruling elites of this globalised world who set the stage and compose the tune to which we must all dance.

Edited by Steve Cook

In reading this, i find its just a symptom of the disrespect thats endemic these days. Seriously when most of us were younger, if you backchatted a cop you'd be taken home in the copcar and your dad would knock seven shades of bells out of you. You actually feared the police, nowdays it seems cool to disrespect among kids, its a badge of honour.

Tied up in too much admin, not enough police work. Our justice system is a shambles. The fact that some of the people egging kids on to do it were 38 and 36 is just shameful.

Edited by sunonmars

It's not the poverty that is the danger, it's the sense of entitlement.

It must be a nightmare for youngsters who haven't even witnessed a recession (probably didn't even know such things existed) and are now confronted with their future dribbling away in front of them.

I expect there to be a wave of crime and social unrest, and then they'll knuckle down to the decades of agricultural work ahead.

I could stop all that nonsense in one day. Just cut them off benefits for a year if they're convicted of any criminal offence.

I hope your joking, right?

Cut the revenue source from these muppets and they'll just nick/destroy twice as much. Mind you, might bring city centre property prices down....

Here's a radical idea, if they're convicted of any criminal offence, lock them up for a year instead of cr*p like tagging and ASBO's!

It's not the poverty that is the danger, it's the sense of entitlement.

It must be a nightmare for youngsters who haven't even witnessed a recession (probably didn't even know such things existed) and are now confronted with their future dribbling away in front of them.

I expect there to be a wave of crime and social unrest, and then they'll knuckle down to the decades of agricultural work ahead.

You are actually describing the future of ex-bankers, settling down on the farms they've bought, after trying to scam their way out of the failing banks.

The children have worked out the justice system is a dead letter and the police are all bluff. They are correct of course. You can do whatever you like in London, and the police won't do anything to help you if you're attacked. Most people carry on and behave no worse than before; but it's more free without the police. Just do what you like; this does not in fact lead to anarchy. In fact, the amount of crime is no worse than before. And the reason is: the police are a dead letter already.

I wouldn't blame them if they do riot. At least then they might get to attack their real enemies instead of each other.

This stinking, debt ridden, materially obsessed, individualised, sorry excuse for a culture has f*cked them up and f*cked them over.

My generation should be ashamed of the world our fear and greed has made.

But then, my generation (or, at least, the majority of us), no more or less than any other, are merely than puppets of the real b*stards who caused this mess. The quiet ruling elites of this globalised world who set the stage and compose the tune to which we must all dance.

For a moment there I thought you were going to take some responsibility. Then you came round.....

I hope your joking, right?

Cut the revenue source from these muppets and they'll just nick/destroy twice as much. Mind you, might bring city centre property prices down....

Here's a radical idea, if they're convicted of any criminal offence, lock them up for a year instead of cr*p like tagging and ASBO's!

No, I'm not joking.

As for jail: it costs £25k to keep one person in jai for a year, so your solution it far too expensive.

Mine is cheap. As for stealing twice as much, I doubt they'd have time: they'd be too busy trying to get some real income in before they're made homeless in one month.

I could stop all that nonsense in one day. Just cut them off benefits for a year if they're convicted of any criminal offence.

How would that work then?

I read a report last night that said Burglaries were up 50% in the last 6 months alone, sounds about right, the feckless have no idea what to do in a recession with no money and are resorting to however they can get it. The step of zero tolerence may come about sooner rather than later.

Edited by sunonmars

Hopefully, if some of them can be prised away from their PS3s and X boxes and facetube, they'll blag some second hand guitars and write some decent toons, whilst trashing Simon Cowell's cars and squatting in his houses.

Ok, too far fetched.

Does anyone remember a series of "what if" type shows were on TV a while back? There was one where the younger generation went nuts because there were forced to pay more and more to keep the older generation living the good life.

Can anyone remember the name or know where it can be found online?

Oh yes, I remember these around 5 years ago? If I recall, the episode you're referring to saw the divide between rich and poor reaching breaking point; the rich living behind fenced enclaves for fear of the poor. Can't remember the title though, sorry.

You are actually describing the future of ex-bankers, settling down on the farms they've bought, after trying to scam their way out of the failing banks.

The children have worked out the justice system is a dead letter and the police are all bluff. They are correct of course. You can do whatever you like in London, and the police won't do anything to help you if you're attacked. Most people carry on and behave no worse than before; but it's more free without the police. Just do what you like; this does not in fact lead to anarchy. In fact, the amount of crime is no worse than before. And the reason is: the police are a dead letter already.

Yes, and who will be working on those farms? Youngsters who thought that they would be corporate executives, lawyers, footballers etc. As oil-derived fertilisers and pesticides become more expensive/unobtainable, farms will become more labour intensive.

As for the police, they are very effective at their primary job - maintaining social order. Preventing crime is just a hobby for them....

And this is why reading the "daily mail" is a bad thing.

They've been saying the say since day 1.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!!!!!! Orbital!

Oh yes, I remember these around 5 years ago? If I recall, the episode you're referring to saw the divide between rich and poor reaching breaking point; the rich living behind fenced enclaves for fear of the poor. Can't remember the title though, sorry.

Sounds just like Romero's Land of the Dead, where a city has survived and fenced itself off, the rich live in posh high rises blistfully going on with normal life with shops, armed guards and bling and the poor get to live in slums dodging zombies that breakthrough.

No chance my generation are so ingrained by popular culture, media etc that the majority are to feckless, uninformed with no identity to cause any trouble – Labour have done a good job, the first ‘conditioned’ generation. Come do a course, you get a qualification no feck off home and watch celebrities and dream of material tat that you might be able to buy but not afford.

Now abroad france Greece I can see this being an issue.

How would that work then?

If you live off benefits, losing them is a serious problem, potentially leading to soup kitchens and homelessness.

All you have to do to stay on benefits as before, is not commit a criminal offence.

Since you won't go to jail for mugging someone or committing a burglary (because the jails are full), it's a free extra on top of your benefits at the moment. If you risk losing your benefits, it introduces a risk to weigh against the advantages, when weighing up whether to do it or not.

Given the jails are full, there is no disadvantage to doing crime otherwise.