House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timm

Government Considering National Lockdown

Just called to emergency meeting.

Government is considering closing all non essential offices and cancelling all meetings.

No further details, not sure if this is public sector only, or even false information.

Yes they sodding off for 13 weeks ...

The rest of the country can stew in it's own grist apparently.

Why they haven't cancelled the recess?

Maybe we should start a petition to shorten MPs holidays?

Government is considering closing all non essential offices and cancelling all meetings.

No further details, not sure if this is public sector only, or even false information.

Would it be silly of me to ask how you know this? And also why would they do this too?

Why have they got "non essential offices?" :unsure:

Drama queens

Would it be silly of me to ask how you know this? And also why would they do this too?

It does seem utterly insane. (It relates to swine flu BTW).

I can only assume that it is being considered as an option, but will never actually happen.

http://news.bbcc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

Nuclear explosion reported in Iran

Israeli missile strike may have hit an Iranian nuclear power station supected of manufacturing weapons grade plutonium. Earth tremors reported by Egyptian geological instruments suggest that a 15-20 megaton device struck Iran within the last hour. No reports of casualties have been given but a full alert is underway. ***

*** Just kidding--but it sounds serious whatver has happened. Some sort of emergency situation?

Israeli missile strike may have hit an Iranian nuclear power station supected of manufacturing weapons grade plutonium. Earth tremors reported by Egyptian geological instruments suggest that a 15-20 megaton device struck Iran within the last hour. No reports of casualties have been given but a full alert is underway. ***

*** Just kidding--but it sounds serious whatver has happened. Some sort of emergency situation?

LOL...I fooking nearly shat myself when I read that!!!!!

Apparently, there is an urgent requirement for a new mobile phone and printer! :P

If true the plan clearly is to blame swine flu for the collapse in GDP figures, classic Labour spin.

Where are you working?

It relates to swine flu BTW.

Is this the same swine flu they've been telling the public not to panic over as it's nothing of major concern? <_<

Guest X-QUORK

News just in...idiots panic at an anonymous thread stating that something may or may not be happening, somewhere, sometime. A spokesperson for the idiots said "This is really worrying, and probably really big...help me mother!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If there is no discernable difference after four weeks can this be made permanent?

p-o-p

News just in...idiots panic at an anonymous thread stating that something may or may not be happening, somewhere, sometime. A spokesperson for the idiots said "This is really worrying, and probably really big...help me mother!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No it was started by Timm, how can that be anonymous.

If the thread had been started by anonymous then that would be the case.

Yeah, I heard they are closing all the hospitals too.

only joking

Yeah, I heard they are closing all the hospitals too.

Oldham ENT outpatients is shutting for the whole of august...

Maybe other depts are too. Anything non-essential will get closed to put resources on this flu thing.

snip

Stock markets are UP on the news.

We would be coming out of recession if it hadn't been for swine flu.

nonsense, they close government departments on full pay....probably some will STILL take a sicky and claim more timeoff later.

This is all starting to remind me of that Bill Hicks sketch where he talks about watching too much news and hearing them scream "RECESSION.....DEPRESSION......AIDS.....FAMINE.....WAR"

<Cut's to Hicks sitting quietly on his veranda, sound of crickets chirping>

There's something very peculiar indeed going on.

This swine flu kills less people than normal flu; the death rates are miniscule. That's the plain fact.

But they're rolling out the full pandemic program as if it were avian flu (death rate 50%).

Something is up (and this swine flu is not it)