House Price Crash Forum

Prepare For Weekend Flooding

Pick It Down

HOLA441
Valid from: 1200z Thursday 16th July - 1800Z Saturday 18th July 2009;

Areas affected: All of southern England, eastern half of Wales, Midlands, East Anglia, northern England, except Cumbria.

On Friday and Saturday, bands of heavy, prolonged rain or scattered slow moving heavy showers and thunderstorms will continue to affect much of the forecast area, with a tendency for the heaviest rain to become confined to the north and east of the forecast area by Saturday. Rainfall totals of 25-40 mm are likely across many parts of the forecast area during this period, with the potential for 50-65 mm where downpours/thunderstorms are severe or prolonged. Flash flooding is possible after any torrential downpours

The summer jet stream has been very far south this summer, a consequence of the global cooling that has occurred the last decade, and one of the results has been Floody Summers the last two years, and a repeat is on the cards.

Prepare yourselves. :ph34r:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/Pages/Weather-Warnings.aspx

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
The summer jet stream has been very far south this summer, a consequence of the global cooling that has occurred the last decade, and one of the results has been Floody Summers the last two years, and a repeat is on the cards.

Prepare yourselves. :ph34r:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/Pages/Weather-Warnings.aspx

These global warming nuts want to blame everything on CO2 emissions. Floods and storms and things are quite common in the UK.

Overall global temperatures are continuing downwards, much to the chagrin of those who said that we would get warming.

When will the AGW bubble burst, and the people and the politicians realise that they have been had over global warming?

I wish it would warm up a bit mind. Tis another chilly summer for the UK.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest anorthosite
Yes the third sh*te summer in a row. :(

We're having a good one up in Scotland. Its a bit humid and thundery, but its way better than previous years.

HOLA449
Guest Skinty
We're having a good one up in Scotland. Its a bit humid and thundery, but its way better than previous years.

That southerly jet stream was a nightmare the last two summers. I figured out you had to wait for the single day when a low pressure area was moving off but just before the next one rolled in. It would still be windy but at least you could get some sunshine. It is better this summer though.

I often find that the weather in Scotland can be completely different to what's happening down south. I think the M1 was being flooded one really gorgeous day when I was hillwalking. Of course, it works the other way round as well! :)

HOLA4410
That southerly jet stream was a nightmare the last two summers. I figured out you had to wait for the single day when a low pressure area was moving off but just before the next one rolled in. It would still be windy but at least you could get some sunshine. It is better this summer though.

I often find that the weather in Scotland can be completely different to what's happening down south. I think the M1 was being flooded one really gorgeous day when I was hillwalking. Of course, it works the other way round as well! :)

Scotland has been better than normal. As the jet stream has gone south, high pressure can dominate areas around Iceland and northern Scotland, bringing them better weather. It's always a question though, does the jet stream drive the pressure systems, or the pressure systems dictate the path of the jet stream.. :unsure:

HOLA4411
As the jet stream has gone south, high pressure can dominate areas around Iceland and northern Scotland, bringing them better weather.

There's been a virtual drought in the Faroes over the last 2-3 months. Klaksvik had its lowest recorded rainfall for June since records began (which admittedly was only in 1968), according to a friend there.

HOLA4412
There's been a virtual drought in the Faroes over the last 2-3 months. Klaksvik had its lowest recorded rainfall for June since records began (which admittedly was only in 1968), according to a friend there.

If records only began in 1968, how do you explain Conway Twitty?

HOLA4413
Guest anorthosite
If records only began in 1968, how do you explain Conway Twitty?

You can't explain Conway Twitty:

HOLA4414
These global warming nuts want to blame everything on CO2 emissions. Floods and storms and things are quite common in the UK.

Overall global temperatures are continuing downwards, much to the chagrin of those who said that we would get warming.

When will the AGW bubble burst, and the people and the politicians realise that they have been had over global warming?

I wish it would warm up a bit mind. Tis another chilly summer for the UK.

The politicians have been had ????

They are planning massive tax rises on the back of global warming. Its a godsend to the politicians

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived