House Price Crash Forum

Bullying Ea?

HOLA441

Hello,

just looking for a collective opinion. This

house

is repossed. Agents told me that they got offers higher than asking price (£145K) and that no point for me even making offer less. I know all EAs are liers and bullies, but shall I make an offer anyway. I am thinking about £116,000, assuming similar houses in that area costed £149K in 2007, priced dropped by 20%, so £116K should be a fair offer.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

HOLA442
HOLA443
Hello,

house

is repossed. Agents told me that they got offers higher than asking price (£145K) and that no point for me even making offer less. I know all EAs are liers and bullies, but shall I make an offer anyway. I am thinking about £116,000, assuming similar houses in that area costed £149K in 2007, priced dropped by 20%, so £116K should be a fair offer.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

Put the offer in writing, and remind them that by law they are obliged to pass the offer on. For all you know they could be "keeping it for a mate"

HOLA444
Put the offer in writing, and remind them that by law they are obliged to pass the offer on. For all you know they could be "keeping it for a mate"

Worth a one page letter saying you are serious and have your financing lined up ;)

The other offer(s) they have might turn out to be flaky :unsure:

(Can't comment on your proposed value though, dont know that market)

Edited by Neverland

HOLA445
HOLA446

If it's repossessed, the bank want the mortgage amount back. There may be no other offers.

Also, the place has absolutely no storage space; and the living room looks like a corridor.

Can't you wait a year and buy somewhere that hasn't been thoroughly ruined by a house doctor, at 40% less than today?

The only good thing is the gardon.

Take the attic bedroom: it's so small they couldn't get a double in it, you can't stand up in it, and one year ago it was just an attic. Knock that off as a bedroom (it's really an attic) and the price looks expensive, not cheap. I guarantee you won't use that attic for anything but storage.

Edited by 24gray24

HOLA447
HOLA448

This looks like it has easy money potential for a big side extension. I guess the EA has this property in his back pocket for is own client watch list.

Make sure the EA feels that you have some fight in you and will be watching this one closely.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Hello,

house

Any opinions?

Thanks!

Hello Xantis,

I am in the same area and I have seen a few of these "we already have an offer above asking price" property popping up on right move. All from the same estate agent!!!

If you look closely you will find some advert for a property let say asking price 120000 and the advert says: the vendor already received an offer of 128000 lol

Well I am sorry I would say stay away from this agent: if the vendor would have received an offer over his asking price, he would have accepted it!

Maya

HOLA4411

Decide how much you are prepared to pay and stick to it. Remember EAs want to make sales happen - this is how they make money. It is not in their interest to ramp up prices and lose the sale. EAs make more money when there is higher turn over.

Go and view every property on the market in that area and you'll soon get a feel for what your money can and can't get. If you see something nicer and cheaper then you might as well buy that. If you keep getting drawn back to the this house because its the best one then maybe it deserves that higher price - every other buyer will be thinking the same.

Good luck!

Edited by Orbital

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Looks like a towel on a washing line?

As for the house: stick your low offer in writing.

EA is lying (as usual) or ramping (as usual).

Orbital seems to be an EA as he/she posts the same drivel about EAs whenever they are slagged in any way. EAs ramp and lie - it's what they do to make more money. It's not the EA's house, despite the way they may act and speak to you.

Edited by pie-eater