House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bur237

A Lucky Escape

First post on here. Have been lurking on here for 18 months now but haven't registered or posted on here until now.

Im one of the lucky ones that resisted jumping on the bandwagon in 2007 when HPI was in full flow and the vast majority thought prices would go only up. Picture the situation - girlfriend wanting to get a house together at a price we would barely be able to afford, mates taking the pi** out of me still living at home in my late twenties. It was very tempting to take a huge mortgage out believe me. I resisted though as this forum had made me shi* myself about the thought of what might happen. Queue huge rows with other half, her deeming it a lack of committment and getting shut.

Nearly 2 years on, still living at home, but not on the verge of bankrupcy or huge negative equity with a huge smug grin towards everyone that took the piss. Perhaps ill rub salt in their wounds in a years time by buying one of their places off them at a massive discount :D

First post on here. I've been happily lurking on here for 2 years now listening to your pearls of wisdom.

Picture the situation: Two years ago, constant nagging from girlfriend about settling down together and getting our own place "We can afford it, prices will only go up, blah blah blah". Mates taking the piss as im back living with my Dad in late twenties.. This forum put the shi*s up me though - couldnt help wondering what would happen if prices did crash, although in truth I never believed they would as I dont understand these things. Well, to cut a long story short I tried to convince my girlfriend (unsuccessfully) that it was a bad idea and didnt buy. She was soon to become ex girlfriend and get her own flat. Imagine my smugness now - me happily building up a sizable deposit for when the crash ends and shes sitting there with huge negative equity. Maybe im a being a little mean, but im glad I left her too it :D

First post on here. I've been happily lurking on here for 2 years now listening to your pearls of wisdom.

Picture the situation: Two years ago, constant nagging from girlfriend about settling down together and getting our own place "We can afford it, prices will only go up, blah blah blah". Mates taking the piss as im back living with my Dad in late twenties.. This forum put the shi*s up me though - couldnt help wondering what would happen if prices did crash, although in truth I never believed they would as I dont understand these things. Well, to cut a long story short I tried to convince my girlfriend (unsuccessfully) that it was a bad idea and didnt buy. She was soon to become ex girlfriend and get her own flat. Imagine my smugness now - me happily building up a sizable deposit for when the crash ends and shes sitting there with huge negative equity. Maybe im a being a little mean, but im glad I left her too it :D

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Which is the biggest escape...the overpriced flat or the loopy girlfriend?

Now all he has to do is find a country with a sound monetary system, a productive economy, and an Office of National Statistics that doesn't lie to him.

First post on here. Have been lurking on here for 18 months now but haven't registered or posted on here until now.

Im one of the lucky ones that resisted jumping on the bandwagon in 2007 when HPI was in full flow and the vast majority thought prices would go only up. Picture the situation - girlfriend wanting to get a house together at a price we would barely be able to afford, mates taking the pi** out of me still living at home in my late twenties. It was very tempting to take a huge mortgage out believe me. I resisted though as this forum had made me shi* myself about the thought of what might happen. Queue huge rows with other half, her deeming it a lack of committment and getting shut.

Nearly 2 years on, still living at home, but not on the verge of bankrupcy or huge negative equity with a huge smug grin towards everyone that took the piss. Perhaps ill rub salt in their wounds in a years time by buying one of their places off them at a massive discount :D

Yeah man you show them. Live with your parents until your 40 or late 30's at least. This'll really stick it up them. Way to go you lucky ******er.

Yeah man you show them. Live with your parents until your 40 or late 30's at least. This'll really stick it up them. Way to go you lucky ******er.

That has to be a woman with a male sounding user name :lol:

That has to be a woman with a male sounding user name :lol:

Thought you'd be in the cinema with your mate Gary Glitter watching the afternoon kids matinee....

Now all he has to do is find a country with a sound monetary system, a productive economy, and an Office of National Statistics that doesn't lie to him.

I am in an identical position, ex bought at the peak of the market and now I'm moving to another country.. Poland being a better bet than the UK.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Have you got a big mortgage, you lucky ******er?