House Price Crash Forum

Off Topic But Need Some Help

Tonkers

HOLA441

So it looks inevitable that we are going out of business, which is fine, but what implications does this have in regards to JSA?

Quick google got me to some posts on forums but nothing was clear.

Some of you bright people might know!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
So it looks inevitable that we are going out of business, which is fine, but what implications does this have in regards to JSA?

Quick google got me to some posts on forums but nothing was clear.

Some of you bright people might know!

Nothing as long as its been deducted from you then itis a debt issue between HMR&C and your employer. You will also be entitled to claim redundancy from the National Insurance scheme.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...14160042AAB8nDA

lots of answers out there if you google for it

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&am...14&ie=UTF-8

Are you getting paid still? I just found out a friend is being a mug still working for someone who's getting worse at paying them

Still getting paid, and the MD is still paying for quite random things, I am in bizarreville to be honest :)

HOLA449

this money appears to have been stolen by the employer, and failure to pass the payments on, which is your money, is a very serious offence.

(should get the perpetrators at least a small fine, I mean, stealing money from workers is supported by governments worldwide.)

Seriously, it is YOUR money, and its been stolen.....or could have been an administrative error and the wrong account has been credited.

HOLA4410

You will be fine as long as you have payslips and/or P60's showing PAYE/NIC deducted.

If your employer is going into liquidation or if an Insolvency Practioner has/is about to be appointed to wind up the companys' affairs, or if you've been given formal notice of redundancy by an Insolvency Practioner, you will get all the forms to claim redundancy pay/pay in lieu of notice/outstanding holiday pay from them.

If you're still unsure, give The Insolvency Service a ring - they helped a good friend of mine recently sort out his redundancy and accrued holiday pay.

HOLA4411
You will be fine as long as you have payslips and/or P60's showing PAYE/NIC deducted.

If your employer is going into liquidation or if an Insolvency Practioner has/is about to be appointed to wind up the companys' affairs, or if you've been given formal notice of redundancy by an Insolvency Practioner, you will get all the forms to claim redundancy pay/pay in lieu of notice/outstanding holiday pay from them.

If you're still unsure, give The Insolvency Service a ring - they helped a good friend of mine recently sort out his redundancy and accrued holiday pay.

Cheers for this, very helpful. I will be glad when it's all over. If he has had his final warning, owing 34K, I am just wondering how long it will be before they force him into insolvency. I have a collegue with a big mortgage (the only one, actually!) who really could not afford a month without work. It would be great to give him a timeframe. I previously said in regards to another problem in the company that we really will not last past the end of this year, but how soon will the rev make good on their promises and shut us down?

HOLA4412

I see that this doesn't apply to the OP, but it is amazing how many people just throw these away each week.

A very expensive lesson if the **** hit the fan.

tim

HOLA4413
I see that this doesn't apply to the OP, but it is amazing how many people just throw these away each week.

A very expensive lesson if the **** hit the fan.

tim

Very true - when we sold up and moved to France last September I cleared out a load of old payslips and P60's dated 1986/7 - how's that for hoarding stuff... bit sad really...

HOLA4414
Very true - when we sold up and moved to France last September I cleared out a load of old payslips and P60's dated 1986/7 - how's that for hoarding stuff... bit sad really...

I am pretty careless, but that is one thing I have always kept, and it really came to my aid a few years back.

HOLA4415
Cheers for this, very helpful. I will be glad when it's all over. If he has had his final warning, owing 34K, I am just wondering how long it will be before they force him into insolvency. I have a collegue with a big mortgage (the only one, actually!) who really could not afford a month without work. It would be great to give him a timeframe. I previously said in regards to another problem in the company that we really will not last past the end of this year, but how soon will the rev make good on their promises and shut us down?

Could be waiting forever for that, in the current climate HMRC don't seem to be putting anyone, unless it's out and out fraud, out of business. Same goes for VAT which has a reputation for draconian enforcement but appears to have now withered. If you're in business and want to borrow some money on the cheap HMRC is a good first port of call.

What's been said previously is correct, imperative you keep hold of payslips and P60s.

HMRC will likely contact you and demand the contributions (they do this as a scam on the unwary, because that's how govt operates these days), just send photocopies and they have to honour it regardless of whether or not your employer has run off with the money.

Regarding redundancy and any likely non-payment, you will have to hope it goes into some kind of formal insolvency process administration/bankruptcy. You can then get the money off the insolvency service fairly easily.

If you're redundant and haven't been paid the money you'll have to go through the employment tribunal/CCJ route and hope they cough up, this is much more problematic.

Archived