House Price Crash Forum

You Are Being Debated On Mse

Laura

HOLA441

I made an account to have a look. The thread is only two pages long, so it might not really be worth the effort. I see some HPCs had signed in to give a rebuttal, but that is about it.

Hamish didn't seem very popular on the thread.

It seems that some of those that were put onto troll status were subsequently banned, which was about all I gathered from the Forum.

EDIT: I have been corrected on another thread, despite what was claimed on MSE their profiles are still active

Edited by BecksMyCat

HOLA442
HOLA443
Those MSE scumbags!

We need to have a rumble with them.

Not a fight as such, I was thinking more of a "West Side Story" campy-dance-off-with-menaces type thing.

The only ones having a go at HPC seemed to be those that were banned from here. It wasn't really a debate of HPC just a couple of banned ex-members airing their grievances.

HOLA444

If it gets to more than 3 pages and has more than 5 contributors, then, I believe, it is officially classed as a mass-debate.

I should know, - I been Mass-debating pretty much constantly since the Global economic troubles started in America.

HOLA445
If it gets to more than 3 pages and has more than 5 contributors, then, I believe, it is officially classed as a mass-debate.

I should know, - I been Mass-debating pretty much constantly since the Global economic troubles started in America.

Hamish is trying his best to get everyone mass-debating over there about the Recovereh. W@nker.

Edited by MOP

HOLA446
The only ones having a go at HPC seemed to be those that were banned from here. It wasn't really a debate of HPC just a couple of banned ex-members airing their grievances.

:( Stop spoiling my musical theatre fantasies.

"Sibley! I've just met a troll called Sibbbleeee! And now that name will never be the same - to meeee"

HOLA447
HOLA448

I'm disappointed. Not one mention of 'dogbox' :( ('Conrad' is it, over there?)

& apologies for your troubles getting in.

I never thought mse was a fortress as it is a multi-use site with some useful info...... just a bit lame on finances & who is really running the show.

EDIT:- Update. I take the first sentence back! :)

Edited by Laura

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Wow - Hamish has managed to cause a thread that is already three pages long while at the same time being banned from the forum.

That's some going!

:lol: Have to admit trolling a forum where you can't post takes real skill.

This round really has to be scored as a win for Hamish. Only fair, he lost so many other (more important) rounds.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You can read what you like on the forums,

but to contribute we ask you to register.

DON’T WORRY, IT’S FREE.

We only do it to protect ourselves from spammers or forum rule breakers!

Don't worry it's free? Well I suppose given the nature of the board that needed to be said ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Hamish has been right about one thing.

House prices in Aberdeen have defied gravity and are barely down from the Peak in UK prices.

He is a little abrasive and I'm sure he has few good friends in his life.

I feel sorry for him - underneath it all - he's a self-righteous and very bitter man.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

For all you Hamish fans, here is the first page of the thread.

Hamish has caught the last train to cocksville as usual....

Yesterday, 3:47 PM #1

HAMISH_MCTAVISH

MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanked 176 Times in 94 Posts The Credit Crunch Is Over!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or so says LoveMoney....

Quote:

But hidden among all these announcements was the Bank of England's quarterly Credit Conditions Survey. It might not sound like a riveting read, but among the doom and gloom there was a ray of hope and an indication that we are beginning to experience the end of the credit crunch.

What's the good news?

Over the past three months, lenders have increased the availability of secured credit (mortgages and secured loans) to households - the first time since 2007. According to the Bank of England, this is because lenders have had increased availability of funds at lower costs. The increase also partly reflects the lending commitments made to the Government as a condition of lenders being allowed to participate in the Asset Protection Scheme.

But more importantly, lenders expect a further increase in the availability of secured credit to households in the next three months.

In other words, the credit markets have been slightly less crunched recently and this trend is expected to continue, resulting in more mortgages.

Even better, demand for mortgage lending for house purchases was reported to have increased in the last quarter. However, demand for remortgages has dropped even further. This is unsurprising given the low standard variable rates on offer combined with the fact that falling property prices prevent many borrowers from remortgaging to release equity.

Even more good news

Lenders also expect a general easing in 'non-price terms' in the next three months. This means that lending criteria could become slightly more flexible - indeed lenders are expecting an increase in maximum loan-to-values (LTVs), plus a slight easing in credit scoring criteria in the next three months. So there should be more mortgages for those with smaller deposits.

And a lot more, both good and bad, check the link.....

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/mortga...over-3654.aspx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HAMISH_MCTAVISH For This Useful Post: Show me >>

chucky (Yesterday), Dan: (Yesterday), Joeskeppi (Yesterday), StevieJ (Yesterday)

HAMISH_MCTAVISH

View Public Profile

Send a private message to HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Find More Posts by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Find all thanked posts by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Yesterday, 3:55 PM #2

Joeskeppi

MoneySaving Stalwart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lenders also expect a general easing in 'non-price terms' in the next three months."

Given the rates they are charging I guess they can afford a bit of extra risk.

Should mean a lot less rejected mortgages and will help people with high LTV to remortgage, which is nice.

Joeskeppi

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Joeskeppi

Find More Posts by Joeskeppi

Find all thanked posts by Joeskeppi

Yesterday, 3:57 PM #3

Rollerball

MoneySaving Convert

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

the usual nonsense

Here's another poster who spends way too much time stuck in front of his computer........

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rollerball For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), Hair Bear (Yesterday), nick74 (Today), rewired (Yesterday), shakerbaby (Today), themanbearpig (Yesterday), wolfman (Yesterday)

Rollerball

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Rollerball

Find More Posts by Rollerball

Find all thanked posts by Rollerball

Yesterday, 4:00 PM #4

inspector monkfish

Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:

Or so says LoveMoney....

And a lot more, both good and bad, check the link.....

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/mortga...over-3654.aspx

are you alright mate???

inspector monkfish

View Public Profile

Send a private message to inspector monkfish

Find More Posts by inspector monkfish

Find all thanked posts by inspector monkfish

Yesterday, 4:01 PM #5

chucky

Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,389 Posts

lovemoney - not the greatest source hamish....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chucky For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), mramra (Yesterday)

chucky

View Public Profile

Send a private message to chucky

Find More Posts by chucky

Find all thanked posts by chucky

Yesterday, 4:05 PM #6

themanbearpig

MoneySaving Stalwart

Go back to HPC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to themanbearpig For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), Hair Bear (Yesterday), rewired (Yesterday)

themanbearpig

View Public Profile

Send a private message to themanbearpig

Find More Posts by themanbearpig

Find all thanked posts by themanbearpig

Yesterday, 4:40 PM #7

LisbonLaura

MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanbearpig

Go back to HPC.

Hamish?

Yes please.

If he only knew how much he was missed

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LisbonLaura For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), geoffky (Yesterday), Hair Bear (Yesterday), nick74 (Today), rewired (Yesterday), shakerbaby (Today)

LisbonLaura

View Public Profile

Send a private message to LisbonLaura

Find More Posts by LisbonLaura

Find all thanked posts by LisbonLaura

Yesterday, 4:53 PM #8

carolt

Thanked 8,396 Times in 2,673 Posts

Do you two have a thing going?

Not familiar with Hamish's, or indeed your, other online personas.

For those of us who don't read HPC, can you explain the subtexts that I feel we're missing?

Or am I the only one who doesn't know?

Feeling left out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolt For This Useful Post: Show me >>

Hair Bear (Yesterday), rewired (Yesterday)

carolt

View Public Profile

Send a private message to carolt

Find More Posts by carolt

Find all thanked posts by carolt

Yesterday, 5:09 PM #9

Hair Bear

MoneySaving Convert

I wonder why HPC banned Hamish. It's a real mystery that one.

p.s. If we pay them a load of money will they take him back?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hair Bear For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), carolt (Yesterday), rewired (Yesterday), shakerbaby (Today)

Hair Bear

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Hair Bear

Find More Posts by Hair Bear

Find all thanked posts by Hair Bear

Yesterday, 5:21 PM #10

andykn

MoneySaving Convert

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolt

Do you two have a thing going?

Not familiar with Hamish's, or indeed your, other online personas.

For those of us who don't read HPC, can you explain the subtexts that I feel we're missing?

Or am I the only one who doesn't know?

Feeling left out.

HousePriceCrash dislike any dissenting voice from their prevailing wish that house prices fall much further.

To the extent that they gave myself, Hamish and a few others "Troll" status with no warming, explanation or notification. Hamish and some of the others were put on moderated posts, with moderating taking too long to make debate useful.

I was left alone for a week or so after being given "Troll" status, then banned from posting, again with no warning, explanation or notification.

To give you some idea of a typical HPC poster, some think it's evidence of our working together that we all disappeared at the same time. You couldn't make it up.

To be fair, they are considerably hampered by their mods inability to analyse IP addresses; one seemed to think it was suspicious that I had posted from home, g/f, parents & holiday let residential IP addresses and one work address.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andykn For This Useful Post: Show me >>

carolt (Yesterday), StevieJ (Yesterday)

andykn

View Public Profile

Send a private message to andykn

Find More Posts by andykn

Find all thanked posts by andykn

Yesterday, 5:27 PM #11

ad9898

Thanked 10,686 Times in 2,988 Posts

Quote:

Or so says LoveMoney....

The first line in Hamish's quote says this.

Quote:

But hidden among all these announcements was the Bank of England's quarterly Credit Conditions Survey

Surely if the worst financial disaster since 1930 was over, it wouldn't be hidden would it ? I didn't get any further than this line as all credibility, once again was lost.

ad9898

View Public Profile

Send a private message to ad9898

Find More Posts by ad9898

Find all thanked posts by ad9898

Yesterday, 5:33 PM #12

mewbie

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,684 Posts

The Credit Crunch Is Over!!!!!!

Great. Lend us ten grand will you Hamish, I feel like splashing out.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mewbie For This Useful Post: Show me >>

brit1234 (Today), carolt (Yesterday), Hair Bear (Yesterday), nick74 (Today), Rave (Today), SingleSue (Yesterday), stuartm1 (Today)

mewbie

View Public Profile

Send a private message to mewbie

Find More Posts by mewbie

Find all thanked posts by mewbie

Yesterday, 5:35 PM #13

Hair Bear

MoneySaving Convert

Quote:

Originally Posted by andykn

HousePriceCrash dislike any dissenting voice from their prevailing wish that house prices fall much further.

To the extent that they gave myself, Hamish and a few others "Troll" status with no warming, explanation or notification. Hamish and some of the others were put on moderated posts, with moderating taking too long to make debate useful.

I was left alone for a week or so after being given "Troll" status, then banned from posting, again with no warning, explanation or notification.

Hamish does seem rather self-obsessed though. Maybe they banned him so he might seek medical help. I don't think this forum is the place to get that help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hair Bear For This Useful Post: Show me >>

mewbie (Yesterday), shakerbaby (Today), themanbearpig (Yesterday)

Hair Bear

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Hair Bear

Find More Posts by Hair Bear

Find all thanked posts by Hair Bear

Yesterday, 5:41 PM #14

mewbie

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,684 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hair Bear

...medical help. I don't think this forum is the place to get that help.

You are so right. When I first arrived I mentioned how the housing / credit crunch was affecting my mental state of well being. Thanks to advice from certain quarters, I shall not name names, I spent most of July 08 using some Foxton sales particulars as a makeshift suppository. Had no obvious effect whatsoever. Thank Heavens Property Bee came along.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mewbie For This Useful Post: Show me >>

carolt (Yesterday), Hair Bear (Yesterday), SingleSue (Yesterday)

mewbie

View Public Profile

Send a private message to mewbie

Find More Posts by mewbie

Find all thanked posts by mewbie

Yesterday, 5:50 PM #15

Graham_Devon

Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Thanked 46,112 Times in 19,289 Posts

Yawwwwn. Hamish, your optimism is to be admired.

However, it's getting tiresome and seems you only post to provoke reaction.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graham_Devon For This Useful Post: Show me >>

geoffky (Yesterday), Hair Bear (Yesterday), shakerbaby (Today)

Graham_Devon

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Graham_Devon

Find More Posts by Graham_Devon

Find all thanked posts by Graham_Devon

Yesterday, 5:56 PM #16

Conrad

Thanked 3,920 Times in 1,709 Posts

HPC banned me to, for the following comment;

'I bet you perma-bears are the type that only want to pay for what he ate on a mates night out, rather than splitting the bill'

That was enough to get me banned (my name was dogbox). DID I STRIKE A RAW NERVE I WONDER? Pb's are money centric after all, fearing loss to an irrational unhealthy degree. Something to do with breastfeeding inconsistencies.

I am a mortgage adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code Of Conduct

Last edited by Conrad; Yesterday at 5:58 PM.. Reason: sp

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Conrad For This Useful Post: Show me >>

chucky (Yesterday), geoffgeofftygeoff (Today), Joeskeppi (Yesterday), matbe (Yesterday), StevieJ (Yesterday)

Conrad

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Conrad

Find More Posts by Conrad

Find all thanked posts by Conrad

Yesterday, 5:57 PM #17

Joeskeppi

MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad

'I bet you perma-bears are the type that only wants to pay for what he ate on a mates night out, rather than splitting the bill'

Probably a bit close to home that one!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joeskeppi For This Useful Post: Show me >>

chucky (Yesterday), JonnyBravo (Today), matbe (Yesterday), StevieJ (Yesterday)

Joeskeppi

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Joeskeppi

Find More Posts by Joeskeppi

Find all thanked posts by Joeskeppi

Yesterday, 6:03 PM #18

Conrad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_Devon

Yawwwwn. Hamish, your optimism is to be admired.

However, it's getting tiresome and seems you only post to provoke reaction.

Where as the PB's only post cold hard unbiased content of course

Hamish seems reasonably balanced to me, and not blindsided by pessimism.

we're off to hell in hand cart, mark thy words said by every perma-pessimist in the history of mankind.

Do you know in 30AD a perma pessimist wrote this, in terms;

Christmas has become a farce, a glutonous hideous materialist farce, where the original message has been lost.

Could have been written yesterday by a dailymailer end is neigh type.

The Victorian PBs told us the country had gone down hill due to gin drinking and that the streets had become yobbish - sound familiar?

I love PB's. they never learn

I am a mortgage adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code Of Conduct

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conrad For This Useful Post: Show me >>

Graham_Devon (Yesterday), julieq (Today), matbe (Yesterday)

Conrad

View Public Profile

Yesterday, 6:05 PM #19

Conrad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeskeppi

Probably a bit close to home that one!

The official that banned me and sent me the glee ridden message was ONLYME, a quivvering jelly legged perma-bear. Why did my curry comment get to them, I'd truly love to know the answer.

I am a mortgage adviser

Conrad

View Public Profile

Yesterday, 6:09 PM #20

Graham_Devon

Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Thanked 46,112 Times in 19,289 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad

Where as the PB's only post cold hard unbiased content of course

Hamish seems reasonably balanced to me, and not blindsided by pessimism.

we're off to hell in hand cart, mark thy words said by every perma-pessimist in the history of mankind.

Do you know in 30AD a perma pessimist wrote this, in terms;

Christmas has become a farce, a glutonous hideous materialist farce, where the original message has been lost.

Could have been written yesterday by a dailymailer end is neigh type.

The Victorian PBs told us the country had gone down hill due to gin drinking and that the streets had become yobbish - sound familiar?

I love PB's. they never learn

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you just typed is actually supposed to mean.

I thanked you anyway, incase it was a bit of genius.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham_Devon For This Useful Post: Show me >>

HOLA4423

I just tried to logout & see things from an 'outsiders' angle.

I can't even see how to do that, & I thought I knew my way around the place.

It must be under my nose but where?!!

HOLA4424
That whole thing with "The Following XX Users Say Thank You to XXXXXXXX For This Useful Post:" after some of the posts is a bit nauseating.

Deep breath:-

I pressed Hamish's Thxs button

:o

• 3 months later...
HOLA4425

Hi. Just thought you might like to know that after 5,000 posts I got banned from MSE. IP address. Not sure if it was my attitude towards bulls, or the bullish stance of MSE's forum (all news is good news), or simply mocking a site that places free pizza above house price discussion.

Anyway hi to anyone from there, who is over here - iyswim.