House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOP

Lord Mandelson Admits That Britain Faces

Do you think he just launched his bid to replace Brown?

The evidence is mounting RK. The evidence is mounting. :ph34r:

The evidence is mounting RK. The evidence is mounting. :ph34r:

I think so.

He's pretty much boxed Brown in with that one. Attempting to outflank Cameron too.

If Brown disagrees, Brown looks stupid. If Brown agrees, Brown looks stupid. He's stuffed.

I think so.

He's pretty much boxed Brown in with that one. Attempting to outflank Cameron too.

If Brown disagrees, Brown looks stupid. If Brown agrees, Brown looks stupid. He's stuffed.

I wonder when it will all come to a head?

I wonder when it will all come to a head?

Before the party conference? or perhaps they'll give him one more try to 'relaunch' himself. Then I think it's all over. Mandy's going to weild the knife imho whatever happens. He's the only one man enough to do it (irony intended).

Before the party conference? or perhaps they'll give him one more try to 'relaunch' himself. Then I think it's all over. Mandy's going to weild the knife imho whatever happens. He's the only one man enough to do it (irony intended).

He won't. Mandy is taking the hit for Brown.

People will ask Brown why he won't admit it, he'll say his government already has.

Its pretty cheap but it seems to work. If you look at the powers that Mandy already has, his title is several lines long.

Baron Mandelson of Foy in the county of Herefordshire and Hartlepool in the county of Durham, First Secretary of State, Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Lord President of the Council.

If he became PM he'd actually have to relinquish power at this point!

Edited by Cogs

He won't. Mandy is taking the hit for Brown.

People will ask Brown why he won't admit it, he'll say his government already has.

Its pretty cheap but it seems to work. If you look at the powers that Mandy already has, his title is several lines long.

If he became PM he'd actually have to relinquish power at this point!

Why put this in Wednesays papers???????

PMQs at 12 noon. Surely this can only do maximum damage to Brown? Does Cameron have the minerals??????????

Edited by Hip to be bear

PMQs at 12 noon. Surely this can only do maximum damage to Brown? Does Cameron have the minerals??????????

Good point. And of course Mandy can't be present. Lobs in grenade, retreats before detonation.

No, he isn't interested in that. Mandelson may be a pretty slippery character but his loyalties are pretty clear (hint: they aren't to a person or a country).

Although I've just clicked on the link, I heard the speech on the radio. What Mandy said was somewhat different to what is being reported there, they missed off the bit where he mostly attacked the Tories (the Daily Mail showing bias? surely not).

We'll see, but like I say, if Brown has decided in the last few days he can't keep up the pretence any longer, this is how he moves toward admitting it (in fact you are told this at the end of the article!). Probably a friendly question will set the scene for 'Do you agree with Lord Mandelson" and he gets to say yes, repeats Mandy's attack on the Tories, Cameron gets up and crows and it all looks a bit punch and judy.

We'll see tomorrow.

Edited by Cogs

No, he isn't interested in that. Mandelson may be a pretty slippery character but his loyalties are pretty clear (hint: they aren't to a person or a country).

Although I've just clicked on the link, I heard the speech on the radio. What Mandy said was somewhat different to what is being reported there, they missed off the bit where he mostly attacked the Tories (the Daily Mail showing bias? surely not).

We'll see, but like I say, if Brown has decided in the last few days he can't keep up the pretence any longer, this is how he moves toward admitting it (in fact you are told this at the end of the article!). Probably a friendly question will set the scene for 'Do you agree with Lord Mandelson" and he gets to say yes, repeats Mandy's attack on the Tories, Cameron gets up and crows and it all looks a bit punch and judy.

We'll see tomorrow.

Probably their strategy but he has bleated on for too long about tory cuts to be able to pull this off and get away with it unless Cameron is totally pathetic. That said I read an article in the Guardian today saying that the majority in a recent poll preferred cuts to increased spending, so maybe Brown is listening to his pollsters and focus groups.

Edited by Hip to be bear

It's a Daily Mail article, need I say any more.

Same headline in the Independent, but I couldn't find the online version.

No need to cut services.

Simply halve all salaries in the public sector over £25K...for starters.

so a 50K salary becomes 36K

a £100K salary becomes £63K

then sack the moaners. with no compo.

this would save service, the working nuts and bolts, and a fortune in spending.

and this includes MPs and PS pensioners. Ban consultants. get buying departments to look at REAL Prices of what they are buying every 6 months.

I think Cameron should appeal to the Speaker for steps to be taken for the Prime Minister to be able to attend PMQs rather than him keep sending Brown in.

How can our democracy function when the head of the Executive does not attend the Commons?

No need to cut services.

Simply halve all salaries in the public sector over £25K...for starters.

so a 50K salary becomes 36K

a £100K salary becomes £63K

then sack the moaners. with no compo.

this would save service, the working nuts and bolts, and a fortune in spending.

and this includes MPs and PS pensioners. Ban consultants. get buying departments to look at REAL Prices of what they are buying every 6 months.

Some big savings there, obviously won't happen.

I think Cameron should appeal to the Speaker for steps to be taken for the Prime Minister to be able to attend PMQs rather than him keep sending Brown in.

How can our democracy function when the head of the Executive does not attend the Commons?

Unelectd PM (mandy) and an elected deputy (crash) and they critise Mugabe :lol:

California here we come.

Close the National Forest, Beachy Head, Dartmoor . . .

closely followed by nurses, doctors and front line staff..

..management and consultants to be left intact though! :lol: