House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Della

Why Are British Mens' Manners So Lacking?

"Get your baps out, I want to suck 'em"

That was a comment I got from a British man as I walked down the street earlier this week, I think this comment provides womankind with a complete picture of the state of British men these days:

They are no gentlemen, they are beasts.

Why have British men fallen so very, very far? It used to be that British men were famed around the world for their etiquette, but no more...now they act like they were a baying mob in a strip joint, drinking, farting, and being rude.

I have also noticed relatively recently a distinct deterioration in the behaviour of men from their already low standards, it seems that they now favour the direct method of making lewd comments to try to gain my affections, I'm telling you now, that won't work guys. The previous week a guy tried to French kiss me, I was so annoyed I was tempted to punch him, and some guy wanted to take me home with him, and another I had just met said he loved me, which is maybe more likely to work, and several men tried to get boobage. In the winter when I was walking down the street some guy wanted to take me behind this church for some reason, I think he wanted to rape me.

I don't want to feel that I can't do stuff because I am a woman, but the manners of British men are so bad I am sure that plenty of women are intimidated by beastly men and limit what they do.

British men. Gentlemen no longer.

Comments?

They gave up the ghost when they finally got fed up of opening doors for women, or moving out of the way to let them past and getting looks of disgust from the so called "Ladies".

Dear me, what kind of dump do you live in? Reading? :lol:

I can't speak for all British men of course, but I certainly didn't attract my other half by behaving like that...

That was a comment I got from a British man as I walked down the street earlier this week, I think this comment provides womankind with a complete picture of the state of British men these days:

Why have British men fallen so very, very far? It used to be that British men were famed around the world for their etiquette, but no more...now they act like they were a baying mob in a strip joint, drinking, farting, and being rude.

I have also noticed relatively recently a distinct deterioration in the behaviour of men from their already low standards, it seems that they now favour the direct method of making lewd comments to try to gain my affections, I'm telling you now, that won't work guys. The previous week a guy tried to French kiss me, I was so annoyed I was tempted to punch him, and some guy wanted to take me home with him, and another I had just met said he loved me, which is maybe more likely to work, and several men tried to get boobage. In the winter when I was walking down the street some guy wanted to take me behind this church for some reason, I think he wanted to rape me.

I don't want to feel that I can't do stuff because I am a woman, but the manners of British men are so bad I am sure that plenty of women are intimidated by beastly men and limit what they do.

Comments?

The decent guys have given up. :lol:

They gave up the ghost when they finally got fed up of opening doors for women, or moving out of the way to let them past and getting looks of disgust from the so called "Ladies".

Well I do get some men opening doors for me, I always thank them nicely, maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

Guest AuntJess

Comments?

I think manners per se have taken a dive over the last few decades, where pencil necks try to immitate the hard men on't telly. Girsl too are not particularly polite as the sexual revolution which brought us emancipation, seems to have brought stupid females who think it is great to be vulgar.

As to British men are beasts. I married one who defo. wasn't: neither were his contemporaries with whom I mixed. Working in a pub I found a different kettle of fish. Larger % of sexist dimwits, some of whom who thought that 'barmaid' was another name for prostitute.

My son isn't unmannerly and he would no more say that to ANY woman he knows, than he would drink a pint of Domestos. He had his Dad as a role model, and me to enforce the rules...Need I say more? :D Imitation and parental rules:

This bum who said that to you is probably one of the many underclass brats who would not be around today if it weren't for the welfare state, paying his parents to spawn at the taxpayer's expense, without observing their parental responsibilities.

Well I do get some men opening doors for me, I always thank them nicely, maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

Did they respond by requesting a nibble on your love pillows? If not, then you aren't going wrong.

Comments?

are you british?

if so you're apparently more than likely Fat and as such should be glad of the attention........... ;)

I think this comment provides womankind with a complete picture of the state of British men these days:

kidding aside, the statement above is obviously total nonsense

I was very nearly vomited on by a random pissed swedish girl last time I was over there and on a recent work trip to Japan met a local girl in a nightclub who's english was limited to "You f*ck me your hotel room"

If I was to judge an entire nationality on an instance or 2 of bad behaviour I'd have to be of the opinion that Swedish Girls are all pisshead yobettes and Japanese Girls all nymphomaniacs who'll sleep with pretty much any total stranger.

btw in my experience the kind of yobbish misogynistic hassle you're describing is even more pronounced in Italy (I got into 2 fights over my wife being pawed by random drunkard pervs on a recent holiday). Had a couple of similar experiences in Paris too.

Seems to me like men have the capacity to behave like pigs all over the world..........

Guest AuntJess

I would LOVE you to open a door for me :D and I'd give you a thankyou and a smile. Gals today don't respect the right kind of guy. they seem to like the kind who'll give 'em a fat lip....well for a short while anyway. Then they go on Jeremy Kyle and wonder where it all went wrong.

You picked the wrong sort of guy - you moron! <_<

I would LOVE you to open a door for me :D and I'd give you a thankyou and a smile. Gals today don't respect the right kind of guy. they seem to like the kind who'll give 'em a fat lip....well for a short while anyway. Then they go on Jeremy Kyle and wonder where it all went wrong.

You picked the wrong sort of guy - you moron! <_<

Almost everyone working in the building I'm stationed in now opens doors out of courtesy because there are quite a few... to get to my office takes 6 sets of doors, minimum.

It's a sad reflection on society as a whole that there are far, far less Gentlemen and far, far less Ladies.

Guest Skinty

Do you take care over your appearance Della? I'm not implying anything, just wondering if you are drawing more attention to yourself letting your standards drop like the rest of the population.

I have found that the few times I have made a a real effort myself that I can make myself more of a target. I used to always wear androgynous outdoor gear but now I try to look more respectable without being in anyway noteworthy.

Comments?

Don't be too quick to jump to the conclusion that he was just another example of underclass scum that needs to be put down. He may well have suffered from Tourettes Syndrome and been mortally embarrassed by his uncontrollable outburst.

Do you take care over your appearance Della? I'm not implying anything, just wondering if you are drawing more attention to yourself letting your standards drop like the rest of the population.

I have found that the few times I have made a a real effort myself that I can make myself more of a target. I used to always wear androgynous outdoor gear but now I try to look more respectable without being in anyway noteworthy.

I don't wear much makeup or dress sexy but my face is quite pretty and I'm in excellent shape because I dance a lot, maybe I move in a sexy way because of that. I keep thin because I'm much smarter if I am thin, if I was fat I would my job very difficult to do.

Did they respond by requesting a nibble on your love pillows? If not, then you aren't going wrong.

No nibbling, but they talk to them rather than my face quite a lot.

Did I read that correctly, that woman said all fat women are stupid! :lol:

I never said that, it probably varies from person to person. I think weight is unhelpful tho for both ladies, and gentlemen/beasts.

In 10 years time when no man gives you a second look you will be gutted :blink:

Are you saying in ten years time British men might rediscover manners? That's a hopeful message.

Comments?

Strange man - Where I come from baps are a type of soft roll:

• Why any man thinks you are carrying hidden bread rolls is a mystery ...

• Even if you were, obviously his teeth were not in good repair as he had to suck rather than chew!!

Joking aside, chivalry is not dead, just mortally wounded. I think the moral decline is in both sexes - I have had women glare at me (if looks could kill !!) for holding doors open etc.

I know lots of men who are very polite and wouldn't dream of behaving like that.

As the old saying goes, "Manners maketh the man".

Are you saying in ten years than men might rediscover manners? That's a hopeful message.

You are mixing with the wrong crowd. There are plenty of us gentlemen out there.

You are mixing with the wrong crowd. There are plenty of us gentlemen out there.

Don't think it is that bad an area, in other places I have been to in Britain men seem to be more or less feral, throwing stuff passing vehicles, karate kicking buses, starting fights etc.

Don't think it is that bad an area, in other places I have been to in Britain men seem to be more or less feral, throwing stuff passing vehicles, karate kicking buses, starting fights etc.

Drunk? I wonder what would happen if we all had to stay teetotal for a week...business as usual for me :lol: