Bastille Day!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

There seems to be a lot of civil unrest going on around the world this week.

Of course, these outbreaks are all for specific, localised reasons, and in no sense should one see them as evidence of a global dissatisfaction with economic stewardship.

Edited by Timm

HOLA448
PARIS (AFP) — French youths burned 317 cars and wounded 13 police officers overnight during the now traditional bout of street violence on the eve of the Bastille Day national holiday, police said.

LOL at the coy use of the word "youths". We all know what they really mean...

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Yes, there is a certain amount in irony in the pleasure the british seem to get from calling the french "cheese eating surrender monkeys"

What is it with the British and monkeys anyway?

In the 1860s, the debate among about the relationship of humans to animals prompted British scientists, historians and other commentators to make frequent comparisons between Irish people, Black people and apes. Nice :ph34r:

http://www.nde.state.ne.us/SS/irish/unit_2.html

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4412

Its been a very nice day here - a pleasant 26C and a nice warm sea.

I have not seen any burning cars and most of our local youth seem to be enjoying the sunshine.

France, IMHO, will have many riots as the year progresses. Mainly due to the racist policies of Sarko and his mates and his enemies in the Communist party. In a country that purports to believe in Liberty, Equality and "Brotherhood" (how do you translate that?) banning people from wearing certain garments because you don't like them is perverse to say the least.

Anyway, I wish they would burn my car so I could claim off the insurance ;)

HOLA4413

Its because the people of Hartlepool are thick-as-pig-sh1t and once hanged a monkey believing it to be a Frenchman, having seen neither. (The Daily Mail in those days did not have pictures :D)

HOLA4414

http://www.nde.state.ne.us/SS/irish/unit_2.html

I'm a big fan. I've been over at Monkey World Rescue Centre in Dorset today, taking some blankets and baskets in. They always need them.

Saw more intelligence, harmony and decent behaviour than I ever see from our so-called rulers.

I'd rather watch a gibbon grooming its mate, than see Boris '250K is chicken feed' Johnson talking tripe.

gibon_cierny02.jpg

post-12677-1247597493_thumb.jpg

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest redwine

I have not seen any burning cars and most of our local youth seem to be enjoying the sunshine.

, I wish they would burn my car so I could claim off the insurance ;)

Same here went to the local bal de 14 juillet people eating ,dancing ,drinking no car burning young people flirting in a sunny 25C

At first when there was the riots the North African community got all the blame for car burning but now insurance companies look more closely

A friend of mine who works in insurance told me that many French who have an old car burnt it themselves and blame it on a black so that they can get money off the insurance company

The Hartlepool Legend could be true

People in those days had no education or newspapers or telephones etc

Hartlepool was nothing more than a fishing village a few hundred years ago

They could of mistaken a monkey for a frenchman as they probably did not know where France was or had never met anybody from France but as with all legends there is no proof that this ever happened

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

France, IMHO, will have many riots as the year progresses. Mainly due to the racist policies of Sarko and his mates and his enemies in the Communist party. In a country that purports to believe in Liberty, Equality and "Brotherhood" (how do you translate that?) banning people from wearing certain garments because you don't like them is perverse to say the least.

Anyway, I wish they would burn my car so I could claim off the insurance ;)

Then could I respectfully suggest that you move on? All of the French people that I know (and this includes people from the far left) wholeheartedly agree with the principle of banning the wearing of the burka. After all, in a society that is founded on the principles of Liberty, Fraternity and Equality, such displays of religious dogma cut right across the fundementals of the French cultural and political identity, regardless of who is the incumbent in the Elysees Palace.

Cheap (and ill informed) shot.

Oh and it was 30 degrees on this side of the country today.

HOLA4420
...in a society that is founded on the principles of Liberty, Fraternity and Equality, such displays of religious dogma cut right across the fundementals of the French cultural and political identity, regardless of who is the incumbent in the Elysees Palace.

Agreed.

Shoot this bitch for a start....

Mother_Teresa.jpg

Yeah yeah... too late I know...

HOLA4421
Yes, there is a certain amount in irony in the pleasure the british seem to get from calling the french "cheese eating surrender monkeys"

I confess - I have rolled ths old line out too readily in the past.

I don't think I will use it again.

Perhaps they save their collective defense of their county for when it is really needed.

Vivre La France !

And pass the Camembert

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Expecting to interact with people who cover their faces is unrealistic. The covering is sinister.

There's no difference between covering your face and walking around with your d1ck hanging out. They are both profoundly antisocial acts.

Edited by 1929crash

HOLA4425