House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spline

Rics Housing Market Survey, Jun/09

RICS housing market survey, Jun/09

Price Rise Balance: -18.1% SA (up from -43.8% in May, highest since Sep/07)

Sales-to-Stock ratio: 22.3% SA (up from 20.0% in May)

[from early press reports]

Updated charts, Jun/09 (published 14/July/09)

2a6jiis.jpg

Edited by spline

2a6jiis.jpg

So much for underdupply - the sale to stock ratio is still at historical lows - mind you keep up the VI spin itll bring out the sellers.

anyone got the full link?

i can only get may document on their website they're always slow to update

speaking as a buyer i'd definately agree about the lack of supply. vendors also surprising estate agents by rejecting generous offers way above the minimum they'd told the agent they would settle for!

anyone got the full link?

i can only get may document on their website they're always slow to update

speaking as a buyer i'd definately agree about the lack of supply. vendors also surprising estate agents by rejecting generous offers way above the minimum they'd told the agent they would settle for!

They'll be crying in their cornflakes comes Christmas when this suckers' rally is well and truly over.

Greed and ignorance know no bounds...

The usually bearish Bloomberg website spins the story in a rather bullish fashion :blink:

U.K. Housing Market Improves as London Survey Shows Increase

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aImEA_BW4l7U

July 14 (Bloomberg) -- The U.K. housing market improved last month as more London real-estate agents and surveyors said home values increased rather than fell for the first time in 20 months, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said.

Across Britain, the number of respondents saying prices dropped exceeded those reporting gains by 18.1 percentage points, the highest reading since September 2007, RICS said in its monthly survey released today in London. The balance for the capital became positive for the first time since October 2007.

The two-year long collapse in prices may be starting to end as the U.K. starts to emerge from its deepest recession in a generation.

I like the bloomberg spin. lending and offers are up means completions will inevitably complete at higher prices.

Shame about the mortgage rejections, the dissappointments, the many thousands of hopefuls for homebuy scheme support finding no funds, the broken chains, the stress, the anger and rising unemployment.

Bloomberg probably thinks house prices will be up to 10 times salary soon, where they should be.

... mind you keep up the VI spin itll bring out the sellers.

Blimey, I just posted the raw numbers avoiding any trace of opinion … and some twit thinks its evil VI spin. :rolleyes:

Estate agent Jeremy Leaf of RICS ramping for all he's worth on BBC News a few minutes ago.

:rolleyes:

That's very surprising.

These figures don't require ramping. :rolleyes:

I've just seen a RICS chap on the BBC News Channel Business News at 8:45am

He said that house prices would soon be rising, enquiries were increasing all the time and stocks were low. He said we were now in that place between recession and recovery.

I've just seen a RICS chap on the BBC News Channel Business News at 8:45am

He said that house prices would soon be rising, enquiries were increasing all the time and stocks were low. He said we were now in that place between recession and recovery.

so, all an owner needs to do to capitalise on this rising, low supply market, is to.....enter the market.....hmm....what will that do to the shortage?

When the Brown stimulus (printing job) wears off and the job losses mount the crash will resume in its full fury. The market has been tipped over the edge of the cliff--house prices have simply found a ledge upon which to break the fall.....for now.

so, all an owner needs to do to capitalise on this rising, low supply market, is to.....enter the market.....hmm....what will that do to the shortage?

Yikes! 18,000 posts. You may soon knock me off the "world's most prolific poster" slot. Guiness may have to revise their 2010 edition?

BOP......unemployment is THE factor which all VIs pretend is not there.

Yikes! 18,000 posts. You may soon knock me off the "world's most prolific poster" slot. Guiness may have to revise their 2010 edition?

BOP......unemployment is THE factor which all VIs pretend is not there.

I should watch Injin if I was you.

and others post on many websites... me, im a one site pony.

I would add that Debt might play a significant part in the coming crash too...nothing will happen till September, after the holidays, when traders come back to no jobs, or directors come back to no profits.....same as last year, except, all reasonable rescue shots have been fired.

I should watch Injin if I was you.

and others post on many websites... me, im a one site pony.

I would add that Debt might play a significant part in the coming crash too...nothing will happen till September, after the holidays, when traders come back to no jobs, or directors come back to no profits.....same as last year, except, all reasonable rescue shots have been fired.

I am a one site bear where does a pony fit into the bear/bull animal kingdom ;)

Blimey, I just posted the raw numbers avoiding any trace of opinion … and some twit thinks its evil VI spin. :rolleyes:

I meant the RICS VI spin - the very way they produce their numbers and report on them gives a positive spin.

The largest number of new buyer enquiries - last month we had 1 this month 2 thats a 100% increase the largest ever. 2007 last month we had 30 enquiries this month 31 thats a 3% incrrease. Now which tells the true story and which is a missuse of statistics.......

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages-and..._id=57&ct=5

' Rics' report has shown a dramatic turnaround this year, with just 18.1% more surveyors reporting falling house prices in June, compared to 76.2% in January.

This is the most positive reading for prices since September 2007, but improvements are coming from record lows with agents still only selling just over one property per week. '

And we all know what happened after September 2007 :lol:

Edited by mew too

Bruce, I think you are embarrassing yourself a bit with all this. Just let it go and enjoy the forum.

It is making you look quite paranoid and is a bit of a distraction.

I doubt very much there is a conspiracy, it is just an internet forum. The bulls have been censored anyway now. So maybe it is time to let it rest?

I am not having a go, it is just a suggestion regarding the footer on your postings. Imagine how it looks to someone new to the site.

Bruce, I think you are embarrassing yourself a bit with all this. Just let it go and enjoy the forum.

It is making you look quite paranoid and is a bit of a distraction.

I doubt very much there is a conspiracy, it is just an internet forum. The bulls have been censored anyway now. So maybe it is time to let it rest?

I am not having a go, it is just a suggestion regarding the footer on your postings. Imagine how it looks to someone new to the site.

:rolleyes: