House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Liverpool Becomes Northern Ireland

Was watching a You Tube anout NR in the late 80's................then it struck me. The same things are now the norm around Liverpool, apart from the Large Bomb blasts. It was always going to happen, because the problems where shipped in around the 70's.

My Mum Worked for Liverpool housing at that time, there was a flood of people escaping the "Troubles". Both "Orange" & "Green". She had to very carfully suss out which they were so not to put them next door to each other.

I drove though apart of Liverpool today, were the young lad was shot dead, saw "UVF" flags about.......Next estate was Green.

Things are getting VERY rough here, i hear gun shots most days .........thinking about closing the bussiness & applieing to Asda Night shift...................in Southport!

Mike

Was watching a You Tube anout NR in the late 80's................then it struck me. The same things are now the norm around Liverpool, apart from the Large Bomb blasts. It was always going to happen, because the problems where shipped in around the 70's.

My Mum Worked for Liverpool housing at that time, there was a flood of people escaping the "Troubles". Both "Orange" & "Green". She had to very carfully suss out which they were so not to put them next door to each other.

I drove though apart of Liverpool today, were the young lad was shot dead, saw "UVF" flags about.......Next estate was Green.

Things are getting VERY rough here, i hear gun shots most days .........thinking about closing the bussiness & applieing to Asda Night shift...................in Southport!

Mike

Surely that is the problem?

Mike

Nothing new about sectarian loyalties from NI being reflected in Liverpool and these existed well before the 1970s as the city has always attracted migrants from across the Irish sea.

To my knowledege there were several attempts to raise barricades in the city in the 1970s but all were swiftly torn down.

As for the UVF flags today they always appear on or about July 12 as Orangemen celebrate the anniversary of the battle of the Boyne.

Come now, the history of sectarian squabbling in Liverpool predates 1966!

For example, there were riots in 1909 that were quite well known.

My grandmother reckoned it was much worse prior to WW2 than after for what its worth.

Amused to see the 'bloody immigrants' and their 'imported problems' line being used here. Perhaps.

Just 150 years or so out on the timeframe!

Not that English (and later British) history was shaped by hundreds of years of sectarian-tinged conflicts or anything!

Hilarious.

There was really bad sectarianism in Liverpool in the 1920's - 1930's

There's still some knocking about, but it's nowhere near where it was, and certainly nowhere near GlasgowI also take it you've never heard of Fish'n'Chips?

As for moving to Southport to avoid the lodge. You do realise that's where their traditional marches go to. Up on the train from Bootle marching to Victoria Park, and then getting pissed in Scarisbrick Ave all day. Growing up for a time in idyllic, sedate "Surrey-on-Mersey" in Formby, I still remember in the 70's fights between our Catholic school and the local proddy-dogs.

I have to ask again. Why does everyone of your posts only appear when you have something negative to say about Liverpool, and if it's that bad why don't you move away to somewhere where you'd be happier?

I have to ask again. Why does everyone of your posts only appear when you have something negative to say about Liverpool, and if it's that bad why don't you move away to somewhere where you'd be happier?

Bizarrely he appears to be a native who has failed to assimilate his own local history.

How the hell does that work?

They bullied me at School & on YTS & in Work............I set up my own bussiness so i don't have to deal with them. I been broken into twice, shot at & Carjacked............i seen then kneecap a young bloke, stab another.........i received threatening phone calls to "remind" me not to wintness anything & not put up CCTV in the area.

After 45 Years i come to the conclusion.............Their SCUM............& i rather not be by them.

Mike

Mike

Can't you just move to a better part of Liverpool?

****** knows where you live but I see none of this stuff your experiencing :blink:

They bullied me at School & on YTS & in Work............I set up my own bussiness so i don't have to deal with them. I been broken into twice, shot at & Carjacked............i seen then kneecap a young bloke, stab another.........i received threatening phone calls to "remind" me not to wintness anything & not put up CCTV in the area.

After 45 Years i come to the conclusion.............Their SCUM............& i rather not be by them.

Mike

I would get my ass out of there Mike. Like...........tomorrow!

I live in Tropical Toxteth. We do get a bit of that but no worse than any other city I suppose.

My guess is that Mega lives in an all white area of Liverpool.

The Bogrushes came from Ireland in the 1850's and I can tell you that the Catholic/Protestant thing is as old as that in Liverpool. I never saw it myself as a kid in the 70's but it was there long before.

My Dad tells me that when you went for a job when he was a kid they'd ask you which you were and that would influence whether you got it.

I've never seen any of the stuff Mike is saying, but I have a brother who used to live in Anfield and he told me that was mental.

Mike

I've lived there 47 years and seen nothing like this.

Probably just another Mancunian slagging off Liverpool

Not sure why this topic got moved as it's sort of relevant I think.

In my opinion it is all down to money. If they have no money they have nothing else

to do but to either screw or fight each other. Usually done in equal amounts... Also they

want someone to blame for being poor.

You probably see catholics usuing condoms/contraception and divorcing and protestants

never setting foot in the church. All hypocritical really.

Move to Crosby or Formby if you can afford it, the latter being where I'd go if I was

forced to live there.

Never seen anything like you describe once in those areas in over 20 years I lived up

that way. Just a coincidence they have the highest house prices and earners?

Guest Skinty

Mike

When I was a young child my parents moved to Southport for a job and before they had completely finished unpacking lost the job and spent the next three years trying whatever they could to move out of there. It was a turning point in my life as I found out what bullying was at school. Houses in Southport were regularly broken into by people coming from Liverpool. I remember even seeing it happen one night to the house over the road when I looked out the curtains. My parents basically gave up a 5 bedroom house to move into a caravan.

The lesson I got from that is that if you find yourself in an intolerable situation (regardless of the reason why it is intolerable), just get out regardless of the cost. You only have one life, time is the most precious resource as it cannot be replenished. Once you find somewhere that you are happy, then even though it may have cost you money, at least you have the knowledge that you can live the rest of your life now.

Southport is for North End chav wannabe snobs from Bootle, Seaforth and Litherland etc. Crosby is known as debtors paradise, fur coat no knickers. Look down your nose at tradesmen and don't pay them what you owe.

Much of Formby is built on sand, some wobbly houses there. Blundelsands is mega expensive. Maghull is a des res almost affordable area but for those working in the city, commuting from North Wales is quicker.

Moving to the South End was one of my better decisions. Still has the rep of being bad but Granby St is just a shadow of what it was and there's a cool vibe to the place now. I read that blacks like Toxteth because they feel safe there, well so does this white boy. :)

Southport is for North End chav wannabe snobs from Bootle, Seaforth and Litherland etc. Crosby is known as debtors paradise, fur coat no knickers. Look down your nose at tradesmen and don't pay them what you owe.

Much of Formby is built on sand, some wobbly houses there. Blundelsands is mega expensive. Maghull is a des res almost affordable area but for those working in the city, commuting from North Wales is quicker.

Moving to the South End was one of my better decisions. Still has the rep of being bad but Granby St is just a shadow of what it was and there's a cool vibe to the place now. I read that blacks like Toxteth because they feel safe there, well so does this white boy. :)

I hear you John51!, being a Toxteth resident myself I can safely say that's it's a nice, multicultural vibe down there now...I feel more relaxed down the South End than I ever did in Anfield, where I grew up and spent the first 26 years of my life. Plus Toxteth is a stones throw from the City Centre, (depending on whereabouts in Toxteth you are).

Yeah, Anfield went down the nick pretty quickly once the 90's kicked in...could see and feel the opression after a time...gangs of Head The Ball's acting all Kidderish, thinkin' they were something 'cos they sell 20 Bags of Soap Powder and drive a Vectra or Focus.

I used to think Southport was a place to aspire to but I heard from a good friend that it's Pedo Central down there 'cos of the FunFair and Beach, not to mention that I've heard reports of gang violence, which doesn't seem to fit the place at all...

Although Anfield, Croxteth, Norris Green and Walton are all pretty bad I've not seen any of the stuff that Mega was talkin' about, not saying that it doesn't happen as it obviously does just like everywhere else in the Country, (and I'm glad I've not witnessed any of that kind of thing and wouldn't want to) but it sounds like he's been really really unlucky if what he says is true...Although If you look for trouble in any City it WILL find you, everyone wants to be a kidder in their Argyle socks with their tracksuit bottoms tucked into them, (never understood that, thought it looked fvckin' stupid TBH, like all these scallies have just come from the Gym)...

mspL4

Hilarious.

There was really bad sectarianism in Liverpool in the 1920's - 1930's

There's still some knocking about, but it's nowhere near where it was, and certainly nowhere near GlasgowI also take it you've never heard of Fish'n'Chips?

As for moving to Southport to avoid the lodge. You do realise that's where their traditional marches go to. Up on the train from Bootle marching to Victoria Park, and then getting pissed in Scarisbrick Ave all day. Growing up for a time in idyllic, sedate "Surrey-on-Mersey" in Formby, I still remember in the 70's fights between our Catholic school and the local proddy-dogs.

Obviously a Tim.

This is a Protestant country I am gald to say, where the pope does not rule, even though Tony Blair tried to change it and his cronies still do.

I do not want a country of papists where the 'dirty beast' is a threat to children and you live in fear of the church mafia. I do believe that the Romanists break the commandments particularly reference idolitry. I do not want to have a so called church that works by indoctrination, fear, mistruths, denial and hatred of the Jews (Hitler was doing the Vaticans work) and the belief that us dogs as you call us will not go to heavan, but be cast into purgetory, or hell.

So do not call me or anyone a dog. think about your preferred religion. It is one that is evil and has caused more deaths over the years than any other one, including the Muslims (who I think are very similar, although you will deny it). The papists are the worst kind of authoritarian religion. Just because the purport to be Christian and the USA is full of powerful ones they get away with it.

So to anyone who objects to the peaceful marches - go and hide in the chapel - they are our unionist heritage and if a sign of Protestentism we should be proud about it.

It's a problem to one degree or another in many UK cities. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Manchester to name but four. Just think football teams. If one teams playing in a blue strip and the other is in green/red then it's fair bet the city was/is split on sectarian lines.

You'd have thought in the 21st century people would have gotten over all this flying spaghetti monster shit but we are talking about fairly stupid people with little else in their lives.

Obviously a Tim.

This is a Protestant country I am gald to say, where the pope does not rule, even though Tony Blair tried to change it and his cronies still do.

I do not want a country of papists where the 'dirty beast' is a threat to children and you live in fear of the church mafia. I do believe that the Romanists break the commandments particularly reference idolitry. I do not want to have a so called church that works by indoctrination, fear, mistruths, denial and hatred of the Jews (Hitler was doing the Vaticans work) and the belief that us dogs as you call us will not go to heavan, but be cast into purgetory, or hell.

So do not call me or anyone a dog. think about your preferred religion. It is one that is evil and has caused more deaths over the years than any other one, including the Muslims (who I think are very similar, although you will deny it). The papists are the worst kind of authoritarian religion. Just because the purport to be Christian and the USA is full of powerful ones they get away with it.

So to anyone who objects to the peaceful marches - go and hide in the chapel - they are our unionist heritage and if a sign of Protestentism we should be proud about it.

I have read this post with...incredulity. Or have I missed a joke? Yes, good fun, well done, had me going there!

There are worse inner city areas in Manchester, Middlesborough, parts of Yorkshire.............

Seriously? Manchester maybe but even then you don't hear about gangs of gun toting children shooting each other over drug deals. You must admit the bad bits of Liverpool have got a very bad reputation, only really matched by London.

Guest X-QUORK

Livehpooooooooooooooooooooooool?

Good music and cheap skag, is there anything else to say about the place?

Livehpooooooooooooooooooooooool?

Good music and cheap skag, is there anything else to say about the place?

I have taken my Danish girlfriend to many British cities (London, Oxford, Manchester) and Liverpool is far and away her favourite.

Nothing new about sectarian loyalties from NI being reflected in Liverpool and these existed well before the 1970s as the city has always attracted migrants from across the Irish sea.

To my knowledege there were several attempts to raise barricades in the city in the 1970s but all were swiftly torn down.

As for the UVF flags today they always appear on or about July 12 as Orangemen celebrate the anniversary of the battle of the Boyne.

I saw an orange order march complete with band and sashes while I was there as a student in the eighties.