House Price Crash Forum

Clients Becoming Very Nervy.

I told you! Taking over the World and stroking cats!

You're not James Bond, you know: I'm not giving you my whole business plan. Only the bank gets to see that.

What kind do you have? All this doom and gloom is playing havoc with my pussy. Every time I put the news on she's straight up the stairs and cowers on the bed. Poor thing doesn't know what's going on.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind do you have? All this doom and gloom is playing havoc with my pussy. Every time I put the news on she's straight up the stairs and cowers on the bed. Poor thing doesn't know what's going on.

My pussy couldn't give a toss tbh.

cat.jpg

I've had a couple of adminstrators come over all overleveraged homeowner on me.

They ring up and say we've got all this stock from insolvent company x to offload we're looking for y £ for it. I tell them they must be joking stock is worth no more than z. They then say we need to make y to cover our costs. :lol:

I've had clients trying every trick in the book to get their contract cost down.

Managed to bat most of them away easily, but 2 x years ago, I didn't have to deal with this.

Edited by Not Long Now
Agreed.

I do a lot of business networking and there are a huge number of new people arriving, established businesses with one thing in common - the wheels have come off.

A flat couple of months then calamity in the autumn. IMF in charge by Christmas.

Its happening in our profession too. Decrease in number of patients in private practices. More dentists looking for new NHS contracts, as patients are deserting Private practices in droves.

Its happening in our profession too. Decrease in number of patients in private practices. More dentists looking for new NHS contracts, as patients are deserting Private practices in droves.

Went to the dentist for check up and needed a filling, so did the dental nurse, but, anyway, I commented that at £200 a throw it's an awful lot of money for people who're cash strapped and he came straight back with 'I'II do it for £75'. I wasn't really even trying to haggle. :lol:

Went to the dentist for check up and needed a filling, so did the dental nurse, but, anyway, I commented that at £200 a throw it's an awful lot of money for people who're cash strapped and he came straight back with 'I'II do it for £75'. I wasn't really even trying to haggle. :lol:

Thats the thing. UK has been so overpriced, for so long. I cannot understand why the manufacturers sell the same stuff for 45% mark up over the prices in US or Europe.

Saying that, I believe, the new NHS dental contract coming in will make things a bit better for all of us ( dentists included). However, do not count on it. :P

Any juicy ones or just bread and butter depressives?

Some of it's predictable. For instance, depression & alcohol-related stuff always goes up big time when the economy goes down. Have seen this before, especially in the early 90s.

But we're seeing lots & lots of debt-related shenanigans - examples being relationships going pear-shaped as one partner discovers the other partner's long-concealed bills, or desperate attempts to bale out sinking finances (recent example a self-broken bone & claimed assault in the hope of compensation to avoid the chasm of debt - no thought that this would've put innocent people in gaol had the police not twigged it), or half-hearted suicide attempts by people trying to get A Psychiatric Report to excuse them from their obligations because they were not responsible for their actions when they took that loan/car/neighbour/marriage/whatever, m'lud....

(Yes, they feckin were - despite what you might think, those of us who work in The Wonderful World of Mental Health are VERY big on people being responsible for their actions. And the consequences thereof...).

Edited by Shrink Proof
Some of it's predictable. For instance, depression & alcohol-related stuff always goes up big time when the economy goes down. Have seen this before, especially in the early 90s.

But we're seeing lots & lots of debt-related shenanigans - examples being relationships going pear-shaped as one partner discovers the other partner's long-concealed bills, or desperate attempts to bale out sinking finances (last week a self-broken arm & claimed assault in the hope of compensation to avoid the chasm of debt - no thought that this would've put innocent people in gaol had the police not twigged it), or half-hearted suicide attempts by people trying to get A Psychiatric Report to excuse them from their obligations because they were not responsible for their actions when they took that loan/car/neighbour/marriage/whatever, m'lud....

(Yes, they feckin were - despite what you might think, those of us who work in The Wonderful World of Mental Health are VERY big on people being responsible for their actions. And the consequences thereof...).

Of people I've known whose businesses have gone down the pan the deciding factor for a nervous breakdown has always seemed, to me, to be whether or not their wife sticks around or disappears with the kids - trophy blonde twenty years your junior? You chose poorly.

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer
Of people I've known whose businesses have gone down the pan the deciding factor for a nervous breakdown has always seemed, to me, to be whether or not their wife sticks around or disappears with the kids - trophy blonde twenty years your junior? You chose poorly.

These things almost always end in tears and snotters. Better they should be taken just for fun not marriage.

Pub and Hotel Chain - trading in medium - lower end of the market. Business generally brisk with some evidence of custom base downtrading.

Liability claims going through the roof (where theres blame there is claim). I reckon we are helping keep the Liverpool economy afloat! :lol:

Pub and Hotel Chain - trading in medium - lower end of the market. Business generally brisk with some evidence of custom base downtrading.

Liability claims going through the roof (where theres blame there is claim). I reckon we are helping keep the Liverpool economy afloat! :lol:

Why the slur on the good people of Liverpool?

If I just check our branch losses for pilferage I'm sure Liverpool will be no more than anywhere else................. :unsure:

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer

Reminds me of a time I bargained on the price of a filling whilst in the chair. They did one for £60, and it looked so much better than the other off colour one, she was keen to make them both look good, that she agreed to do the other for £40. So £100 for two not bad. Still that was an expensive night out (teeth chipped whilst a little tipsey) when I add all those fillings up over the years.

Why the slur on the good people of Liverpool?

If I just check our branch losses for pilferage I'm sure Liverpool will be no more than anywhere else................. :unsure:

comeon, I take it we're talking about Aldi - scousers do have aspirations you know ;)

dropped off a cliff July.

have to keep checking the phone is connected.

First day without work to go to this year....had a job postpone until September so at least thats in the bag. A few prices put out but the phone just aint ringing.

Nearly all the work I've done this year has been from quotes put out last year or before and prices even negotiated down. Clients know the score and are prepared to try it on. And the pubs are full ( in the day ) of lads saying that they will never drop their rate. See how long that lasts.