House Price Crash Forum

Clients Becoming Very Nervy.

Perhaps it's because you are on the internet and have no filter in the phone line, get off the damn computer! :P

tee hee,

I guess as my main income IS PC based, Id better stay on line...Ta.

Btw way, to solve that problem I have another analogue line for my 1200 Baud modem link.

I love the HPC Bulletin board.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our main clients, a huge toy manufacturer, have drastically reduced their packaging costs on our products. This might not seem like a big deal initially but the packaging was highly elaborate and a clearly a major factor in the product design.

Ironically, the toys themselves remain as engineered as they were. Clearly cost savings are being sought as I know sales were down over Xmas - I just don't know by how much.

Not working myself but i'm hearing people are someone in Swindon on a Persimmion site reckons every plot sold and more being started.

I met with 2 top 10 housebuilder CEOs last week.

One was proposing to do a bulk trade into a private rental fund to cut stock and deleverage.

The other one confirmed that they had good sales activity because there was no private stock on the market so virtually all buyers needed to buy new. He was bearish going forwards.

Reminds me of the joke about a man who tips over the edge of a cliff, falling to his doom. As he’s falling he manages to grab onto a tree about 15 feet down, growing out from the side of the cliff. The man is hanging there and he looks down and sees this 200 foot drop below him, but he knows he’s only 15 feet from the top of cliff. Looking up he cries out for help, “Is there anybody up there?â€

Much to his surprise he is heard. A Voice replies which can only be that of the Lord , “Let… go...â€

The man looks down at the 200 foot drop, and then looking up once more, cries out, “Is there anybody else up there?â€

Has anyone else seen this lovely property bubble bursting..?

bubble.jpg

Was that man Hamish? :lol:

Agreed.

I do a lot of business networking and there are a huge number of new people arriving, established businesses with one thing in common - the wheels have come off.

A flat couple of months then calamity in the autumn. IMF in charge by Christmas.

Edited by woody37

The main thing I have noticed is a reluctance of any organisation to get a big project under way.

The common attitude is one of: "lets just keep things ticking over, and not look beyond the end of this f/y".

Everyone seems to be playing the same game.

Lots of penny pinching and small scale cost cutting.

Agree entirely isn't it similiar to the property spring bounce? but more fun because it's cars.... Now about that Cadillac 58 Bel Air - what's everyone's favourite classic car.......sorry :P

Greg,

THe '58 Bel Air was from the Chevrolet stable, not from it's richer Uncle - Cadillac. THe '57 Bel Air was the real popular one though from Chevy. I do miss my '57 Caddy Limo though but petrol weren't a Fiver a gallon then..... :huh:

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Medical.

Complete drop off in illness.

Nobody's ill.

We've had to create a rumour of a flu pandemic just so that people can't rightfully accuse us of being a waste of taxpayers money.

The main thing I have noticed is a reluctance of any organisation to get a big project under way.

The common attitude is one of: "lets just keep things ticking over, and not look beyond the end of this f/y".

Everyone seems to be playing the same game.

Lots of penny pinching and small scale cost cutting.

I read an article about this, it's gone from profit maximizing to minimizing any loss. Focus has shifted completely for business.

We are seeing a huge drop in revenue - to the point where it won't be long before we lose a lot of offices from our network .

We are dependant on the overseas travel industry , and that is all doom and gloom at the moment .

Also have links into the hospitality industry in Cornwall and there was a definate upswing in recent months - although how long this will be maintained is anyones guess

Things still going from strength to strength here.

Off to foreign parts next week to sign up another deal and the banks couldn't be more proactive to finance if they wanted to, in actual fact the rates we are getting are way better than we anticipated even 2 years ago.

Things still going from strength to strength here.

Off to foreign parts next week to sign up another deal and the banks couldn't be more proactive to finance if they wanted to, in actual fact the rates we are getting are way better than we anticipated even 2 years ago.

you gilt traders, you kill me!

Medical.

Complete drop off in illness.

Nobody's ill.

We've had to create a rumour of a flu pandemic just so that people can't rightfully accuse us of being a waste of taxpayers money.

:lol:

Business: Evil genius, secondary in stroking cats

Activity report: World not worth taking over at present: Too much aggro, not enough return. I'm sure the PTB would probably gift it to me if I tried, though, just to be shot of it.

Plus, as it's summer, and all cat moulting finished a few months ago, I've noticed that their production of fur-sheddings is right down.

At an event with other retailers last week. Was very surprised by how pessimistic the mood was, seemed to be a general awareness that the post-xmas stabilisation was not going to last to the next one.

After a period of calm the wheels are coming off again. The Autumn will certianly be dire but I do wonder if it will last until then. The key catalyst will be if banks do actually decide to do something with bad loans.

Look, these anecdotals mean nothing unless you give us some kind of clue what you do. Plenty of businesses do well in recessions anyway.

I told you! Taking over the World and stroking cats!

You're not James Bond, you know: I'm not giving you my whole business plan. Only the bank gets to see that.

Baliffs, auctioneers, insolvency practioners :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've had a couple of adminstrators come over all overleveraged homeowner on me.

They ring up and say we've got all this stock from insolvent company x to offload we're looking for y £ for it. I tell them they must be joking stock is worth no more than z. They then say we need to make y to cover our costs. :lol: