House Price Crash Forum

Caveat Mortgagor

Cogs

I am really disappointed. I thought this thread had one of the best titles I have seen for a long time. I was expecting a discussion of the lax attitude buyers had in the feeding frenzy that was the housing market up until 2007/8.

I further expected warnings to take great care when signing up to a 25 year commitment and perhaps a few cautionary tales of people who jumped in hastily with both feet and are now regretting their actions.

I expected to see prophecies of 2009 buyers complaining in 2012 that their 30% deposits have eroded and they will effectively have near 100% mortgages at very uncompetitive rates.

And the sadist in me expected to see posters sneering at people on MSE forum or somewhere similar who are struggling to sell their overpriced slave box at 2007 prices cos they cannot sell for less than outstanding mortgage.

The title alone deserves a better thread than this drivel.

I think the phrase 'Caveat Mortgagor' deserves to catch on. It certainly deserves a better thread than the one currently bearing such a catchy, punchy and instantly understandable phrase.

Sheesh. Everyone's a critic! :P

Pages & pages of pc clutter on Wayne Thick & Sharon Wannakid.

Ex 1. They all instantly 'know' what their house is worth but know b'all about ARMs. A mere forty-seven pages of 'revelation'

& my Favourite so far:-

Do youth non-marital childbearing choices reflect income and relationship expectations?

Barbara Wolfe, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Robert Haveman, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Karen M. Pence, Federal Reserve Board

Jonathan Schwabish, Congressional Budget Office

Abstract

We hypothesize that teen nonmarital birth events are influenced by adolescent girls' perceptions of the consequences of their choices. Two such consequences are explored: (1) a teen's expected future marriage and cohabitation relationships and (2) the present value of expected future income. We also measure the effects of the characteristics of the teen, her prior choices, her family, her neighborhood, and the social and economic environment in which she lives. The results, based on the Michigan Panel Study of Income Dynamics, suggest that teens place greater weight on the relationship consequences than the income consequences, but that both consequences influence their nonmarital birth choices.

Selfishness, (lack of) self-worth, greed, stupidity, & ignorance all require in-depth study? :blink:

snip

Selfishness, (lack of) self-worth, greed, stupidity, & ignorance all require in-depth study? :blink:

and the government funding to find out.

Id like to run the Quango on the bleedin obvious.

Wayne and Sharon? some people might be offended at your insinuations.

Sheesh. Everyone's a critic! :P

Not at all. Just think the title was genius, but the thread was a little lacking.

I am severely tempted to 'do an eric' and splash Caveat Mortgagor on threads about people doing stupid shit, such as the thread about the bit of fluff from hollyoaks who has invested in a property empire on the advice of her property developer boyfriend.

In all seriousness, the phrase is catchy and sums up everything that needs to be said in 2 words.

Not at all. Just think the title was genius, but the thread was a little lacking.

So you said Nick ;)

I was expecting a discussion of the lax attitude buyers had in the feeding frenzy that was the housing market up until 2007/8.

I further expected warnings to take great care when signing up to a 25 year commitment and perhaps a few cautionary tales of people who jumped in hastily with both feet and are now regretting their actions.

I expected to see prophecies of 2009 buyers complaining in 2012 that their 30% deposits have eroded and they will effectively have near 100% mortgages at very uncompetitive rates.

And the sadist in me expected to see posters sneering at people on MSE forum or somewhere similar who are struggling to sell their overpriced slave box at 2007 prices cos they cannot sell for less than outstanding mortgage.

In all seriousness, the phrase is catchy and sums up everything that needs to be said in 2 words.

Brevity & Cucumber?

Bugger spontaneity. From now on we will (by order) apply the scientific methods of Bucks & Pence as I have just secured funding for five years. This is the only way to influence govt. policy; get paid for shaping it; & nick the ideas from internet forums.