House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

This Woman's Worked Out How To Earn A Million Pounds

A million jobs to do

She seems to have a fairly wide skill set, and is offering her services starting from a pound a job. Obviously if she gets jobs of higher value, it'll take her less time to reach that magical million target.

I reckon it'll work (so long as she manages to keep publicising her website) for the following reasons a ) she can combine with her "day-time" job b ) Small jobs well done can lead to repeat orders c ) she can undercut established businesses.

Interesting concept, I hope she can make it a success.

She's keeping a running total on one of her webpages. She's got just £140 so far, but it's very early days. As I stated before I reckon this idea's got a good chance of taking off, but we'll have to wait and see. If she does manage to make this a success, she'll have done it through hard work, so kudos to the woman.

A million jobs to do

She seems to have a fairly wide skill set, and is offering her services starting from a pound a job. Obviously if she gets jobs of higher value, it'll take her less time to reach that magical million target.

I reckon it'll work (so long as she manages to keep publicising her website) for the following reasons a ) she can combine with her "day-time" job b ) Small jobs well done can lead to repeat orders c ) she can undercut established businesses.

Agree it's an interesting concept, although you could argue precisely the sort of thing better tried on an economic upswing.

Anyway, good luck to her........always good to see someone with ingenuity.

Guest anorthosite
Interesting concept, I hope she can make it a success.

She's doing it for a house she has her eye on. She might not have to make a million.

She's doing it for a house she has her eye on. She might not have to make a million.

I'm not sure about that. If hyper-inflation takes off (watch the inflation figures post-October) then a million may soon be not nearly enough.

Will not work unless people overpay her lots.

I see no reason anyone would pay more than £5 ph which means it would take her 200,000 hours or 55 years working 10 hours a day every day!!!

However, the internet being the internet. You could get people offing £100 for “what letter comes after D?â€.

I see no reason anyone would pay more than £5 ph which means it would take her 200,000 hours or 55 years working 10 hours a day every day!!!

Well the minimum wage is £5.73 per hour.

Well the minimum wage is £5.73 per hour.

It is piecework.

Someone can offer her £1 to write a report on the evolution of humans. Will probably take her longer than 10 mins which would be less than minimum wage.

It is piecework.

Someone can offer her £1 to write a report on the evolution of humans. Will probably take her longer than 10 mins which would be less than minimum wage.

not sure she's legally obliged to accept any work offered her way.

nice idea tho, good luck to her.

Guest X-QUORK
Will not work unless people overpay her lots.

However, the internet being the internet. You could get people offing £100 for “what letter comes after D?â€.

Must admit, having thought about her plans a little more, I don't see how she can overcome basic labour cost issues. As Cells points out, her only real hope is for some numpties to pay well over the odds.

Must admit, having thought about her plans a little more, I don't see how she can overcome basic labour cost issues. As Cells points out, her only real hope is for some numpties to pay well over the odds.

I think her real problem will be getting people to employ her to do tasks for which she's not really that qualified

I pay people way over the £5 an hour mentioned to do a lot of the things on her list of skill sets (catering, graphic design, event management etc etc) and she has little or no overheads so could undercut most professionals; whether people will be trusting / sentimental enough to trust her to do these things and pay her a comparable amount is another matter.

I hope she has informed the Inland Revenue of her additional income.

I think her real problem will be getting people to employ her to do tasks for which she's not really that qualified

she's a textiles teacher.. everyone has something textilely to sort out & is prepared to pay 20quid for.

i've put my task in.. should only take her an hour, but although I have a needle & thread can't be ar$$ed. :blink:

sure there is a business model there - "i'm in"

Hi

This concept has actually been set up by sister, so thought I 'd post a reply to some of your comments and provide some updates...

It has really started to take off this week and she has accepted jobs valuing in total to approx £2000. Not bad for her first month!.. She has registered her additional income too, our Mum is an accountant so she'd make us pay tax, even if the only ever job was for a single pound! lol.

She hasn't been hired by anyone paying over the odds either, users have been really keen to utilise her varying skills. One of the jobs she has just started is a local poll and ballot box opening. She has been asked to design, get printed and deliver 1000 flyers etc and the opening of the ballot box is going to be filmed in August by ITV.

She is thrilled with how the concept has been accepted by the public, excluding the crude comments and grateful for the job requests received so far, especially in the current economic climate. It’s been surprising how many people have contacted her just to wish her good luck and to see if they can somehow be involved.

I really like the idea and the website and hope she does well missviky! I'm certainly going to think about what tasks I could send her way... am crap at sewing n stuff, could prob use her services for allsorts come to think of it (and am not being crude) lol! Good luck

Guest X-QUORK
New total is £3293.28... not too bad for a second income :)

Am assuming that is the figure for work completed, and work still to be done at some point in the future?

New total is £3293.28... not too bad for a second income :)

Good for her. I am rather pleased to hear of its success. It is wonderful to see someone with an entrepreneurial spirit getting off their butt and working hard to get what they want especially when we live in a society where people feel they are entitled.

I hope she makes her million. She deserves to.

Am assuming that is the figure for work completed, and work still to be done at some point in the future?

No thats purely money recieved for tasks completed and profit, more tasks to do with fees awaiting to be added to the total