House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ian Chesterton

How Do You Kill Someone While Hillwalking?

Guest anorthosite

I don't know how much of it is sarcasm, but hillwalking is always referenced as the way to kill someone here.

I struggle to understand how you would kill someone out walking without it being suspicious. While I concede David Kelly's dead is a bit iffy, I see no evidence for foul play in Robin Cook's case, and I climbed the same mountain he died on the following day.

So if you're serious, how would you kill someone who is hill walking? And if you answer, can you outline your experience of hillwalking?

I don't know how much of it is sarcasm, but hillwalking is always referenced as the way to kill someone here.

I struggle to understand how you would kill someone out walking without it being suspicious. While I concede David Kelly's dead is a bit iffy, I see no evidence for foul play in Robin Cook's case, and I climbed the same mountain he died on the following day.

So if you're serious, how would you kill someone who is hill walking? And if you answer, can you outline your experience of hillwalking?

In "The Feather Men" by Ranulph Fiennes (meant to be true but make your own mind up) Mike Keally was nabbed whilst on an SAS exercise in Wales, drugged, and then left to wander incoherently and die of exposure.

There was also an interesting section on the Boston Brakes (interfere with another car to cause a crash involvng the one you actually want to hit), which was pre the Lady Di crash IIRC.

Guest anorthosite
In "The Feather Men" by Ranulph Fiennes (meant to be true but make your own mind up) Mike Keally was nabbed whilst on an SAS exercise in Wales, drugged, and then left to wander incoherently and die of exposure.

But Robin Cook was out hillwalking with his wife.

But Robin Cook was out hillwalking with his wife.

Something in his drink? That is the alternative explanation for Keally, his water bottle was spiked.

Guest X-QUORK

I suppose a lot depends on whether it has to look like a natural death. Standard hunting rifle would do the job easily enough if not.

I suppose a lot depends on whether it has to look like a natural death. Standard hunting rifle would do the job easily enough if not.

I've been almost shot by shotgun shot - just some farmers' kids shooting game nearly got me, didn't realise they were shooting across a footpath

I go hiking very regularly - Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, Lakes, Wales etc

I can't think of any obvious ones that dojn't require planning and props - you can't just push someone off a mtn side, or into a bog or whatever without a fair bit of effort and signs of a struggle - I would have expected, as I haven't tried, err, obviously. It's far easier to break your own leg tbh, not to break someone else's.

Just noticed this comment. I have done a fair bit of scrambling and there is always a small risk that you fall off the side of a mountain. Someone up there giving you a push would do this. I went up one mountain in the Lakes (?red mountain - not sure) it was hugely misty and one near vertical section of wet mud could only be made by just scrabbling away and grabbing out for anything until reaching the rock at the top. I wasn't alone but without ropes if you fall you fall. Similalry tumbling off Crib Goch (runs away from Snowdon) would be very easy and there is a sheer wall one side.

The only fall I have had was fortunately into (cold) water from no great height, which was probably why I was being a bit casual. Received a very bad scrape on the back of the leg that took weeks to heal but no broken bones.

Crib Goch, not showing the sheer wall though:

11-Crib%20Goch.jpg

No CCTV and rarely a witness, now who wants to come for a walk this afternoon :rolleyes:

Guest Skinty

Well aparently, you get them to the top of a grassy slope, tickle them and then push them so they roll down. Just like this:

_40803523_janinepush_300.jpg

Guest anorthosite
Just noticed this comment. I have done a fair bit of scrambling and there is always a small risk that you fall off the side of a mountain. Someone up there giving you a push would do this. I went up one mountain in the Lakes (?red mountain - not sure) it was hugely misty and one near vertical section of wet mud could only be made by just scrabbling away and grabbing out for anything until reaching the rock at the top. I wasn't alone but without ropes if you fall you fall. Similalry tumbling off Crib Goch (runs away from Snowdon) would be very easy and there is a sheer wall one side.

The only fall I have had was fortunately into (cold) water from no great height, which was probably why I was being a bit casual. Received a very bad scrape on the back of the leg that took weeks to heal but no broken bones.

Crib Goch, not showing the sheer wall though:

11-Crib%20Goch.jpg

Pah! I'll see your Crib Goch and raise you Liathach :P

Picture125.jpg

Picture145.jpg

But throwing someone off a ridge like that could easily go wrong - you're both going to be tired and going over with them is a very real danger

Pah! I'll see your Crib Goch and raise you Liathach :P

Wow. Bit far for me though.

But throwing someone off a ridge like that could easily go wrong - you're both going to be tired and going over with them is a very real danger

I won't do it then :P

additionally. 99.9% of hikers - even some very good ones - just won't do that kind of exposure. I've done Crib Goch, just the once was fine for me tbh. I think I contributed to the brown stain that runs down the middle of the ridge.... Taken one look at the Aonach Eagach an decided against it...!

Hmmm I still think that in the UK the best way to kill someone without serving time inside is to run 'em over in your car.

Guest Skinty
Hmmm I still think that in the UK the best way to kill someone without serving time inside is to run 'em over in your car.

I tried but I couldn't get my Nissan Micra up An Teallach.

Guest anorthosite
Has anyone questioned her yet?

She isn't consired a reliable witness as she married a gnome.

Well aparently, you get them to the top of a grassy slope, tickle them and then push them so they roll down. Just like this:

_40803523_janinepush_300.jpg

Second big laugh of the day :lol::lol::lol:

I don't watch soaps but saw this somewhere, very funny TV.

As with all murders killing is easy, but getting rid of the body is more difficult.

For just accidental death a push, trip or falling rock could be cited as causes. Cutting ropes is too easily spotted. A floating bog is a super way if you can stuff the body down below the surface.

If it is unplanned and you have a good alibi then it could be a long time before a body is found if a remote enough place can be located. You might have got the insurance and married a Brazilian and had kids by the time they find it.

Otherwise disposal of the body / evidence is the only other way. This can be done without a great deal of trouble and without leaving much of a trace. All you need to do is entice the victim into the hills with the promise of a good ramble and then .......... Sorry cannot go any further do not want to give any clues away, do I?

Just one thing. Why do you really want to know. We know you live in a beautiful and remote area of the Uk. You enjoy hillwalking and climbing. You are engaged. Why the interest, I hope that you are not looking for tips.

additionally. 99.9% of hikers - even some very good ones - just won't do that kind of exposure. I've done Crib Goch, just the once was fine for me tbh. I think I contributed to the brown stain that runs down the middle of the ridge.... Taken one look at the Aonach Eagach an decided against it...!

The Aonach Eagach ridge is the best day walk I've ever done. There's only one bit at the top that is scary and I'm scared of heights (I felt more uneasy on the Eiffel Tower, irrational though that may be). The descent to the Clachaig down the scree is probably as dangerous as the ridge itself. The views are fantastic and you may well discover just how changeable the climate up the hills can be (we had snow, strong winds and glorious sunshine in the one day). Well worth the effort for the experience.

I doubt you could kill someone up there and get away with it though. It's too busy.