House Price Crash Forum
Tim Miller

Pure Greed .......3m Reduced To 1.35m, Still Not Selling

You just have to read this article. I saw it up at 2m and thought no way is it worth that! I had no idea it had been up for more. Just think, agents might of actually got it from some sucker. Some classics in here including he offered 100k to any introducer (later reduced to just 10k) LOL. He got valuations in and then tried selling it privately, Agents told him he had now missed the boat etc.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle6682972.ece

Edited by Tim Miller

Tim

I want to thank you, its Saturday night & i feel very low on Saturday nights, for alsorts of reasons............but you just lifted me a bit........thank you.

Most of the fittings are crap, i work with Stainless steel & i can tell you most are crappy thin wall eletro-plated "B&Q" type stuff..............the design is by "Bling & Tat"..........already out of style.

Mike

Tim

I want to thank you, its Saturday night & i feel very low on Saturday nights, for alsorts of reasons............but you just lifted me a bit........thank you.

Most of the fittings are crap, i work with Stainless steel & i can tell you most are crappy thin wall eletro-plated "B&Q" type stuff..............the design is by "Bling & Tat"..........already out of style.

Mike

Have you seen pictures or been inside?

You work with boats? It's only I am living on a boat.

You feel low, well don't, you get one life, make the most of it. Sadly and it's very true, there are lots of people worse off than you. There's now 1m starving on this planet. Forgive me saying this as I do not know what your troubles are, trust me if you have your health your doing good!

So do you live there?

I live in Liverpool, which is almost in total collaspe............most companys don't have work, we do have lots of "Apartments" or Flats that no one wants, also plenty of shops...........we just built "Liverpool one" (They couldn't think of a better name) which is a VERY large shopping mail, trouble is no one HAS any money.

The worst thing about the "Brown bubble" is that we sucked in people from Poland etc to do the work, rather than train young lads from the "sink estates"........Once the work went, so did the Pols.....& our money!

Crime is totally out of control, we have armed raids everyday.......i think they hit Bugher King twice in the same day.

I am an engineer, with NO work in (Almost).

Mike

Two comments:

- The house probably had a lot of character before the owner turned it, particularly the exterior, to shite.

- What is it, to the right of the house, that the video won't show? I'm curious.

All in all, one gets a sense of cheery, thoughtless desperation in all this. Repossession is probably not far away now.

The word tragicomic springs to mind.

Insurance could be a problem.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...re/default.aspx

P.S.

I am signed up to this:

We can't always stop the sea and rivers from flooding, but we can tell you when it's going to happen. Some 70 per cent of those who can sign up to Floodline Warnings Direct still have not done so. If you're one of them, sign up now.

Floodline Warnings Direct is a free service that provides flood warnings direct to you by telephone, mobile, email, SMS text message and fax.

Sign up for Floodline Warnings Direct by calling Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or online by following the link below.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...oods/38289.aspx

Edited by CviewUK

A contact just finished a Project in France, 5 acers of forrest, Barn type with a water wheel (used to power the house) Geo-therm pipes to heat pool/house. Air con, good range of kit ......Cheaper than a inner city flat..sorry Apartment.

Mike

Guest KingCharles1st

Are this lot a multicultural family?

If not- its projectile vomit time for the kids names

Tim

Mike

Mike, I missed the photo's before, I see what you saw now. Yes, all for looks that change with fashion before you get the last screw in tight

A contact just finished a Project in France, 5 acers of forrest, Barn type with a water wheel (used to power the house) Geo-therm pipes to heat pool/house. Air con, good range of kit ......Cheaper than a inner city flat..sorry Apartment.

Mike

Funny you mention France, I was thinking the same, I wonder what would that be worth in France? 300k-400k Euro? It is on a river!

Edited by Tim Miller

Funny you mention France, I was thinking the same, I wonder what would that be worth in France? 300k-400k Euro? It is on a river!

Not much - the Brits are not buying and the French wouldn't want it :D

Mind you there would have been some buyers a few years back wiling to spend twice its value doing it up. Mostly called Tarquin or Narthanial.

Crazie inglish...

I live in Liverpool, which is almost in total collaspe............most companys don't have work, we do have lots of "Apartments" or Flats that no one wants, also plenty of shops...........we just built "Liverpool one" (They couldn't think of a better name) which is a VERY large shopping mail, trouble is no one HAS any money.

The worst thing about the "Brown bubble" is that we sucked in people from Poland etc to do the work, rather than train young lads from the "sink estates"........Once the work went, so did the Pols.....& our money!

Crime is totally out of control, we have armed raids everyday.......i think they hit Bugher King twice in the same day.

Mike

Mike,

Is Liverpool that bad, my old friend, a good mate, sisters ex etc, he's just left Bentley Motors Crewe, 10% wage cut, sick of the sh!te, 45 years young, i do not know it all, but he worked with alot of Liverpool/Cheshire Engineers, or so called engineer aload of over priced Bentley's on Volkswagon Phaeton platforms?

He said the wages were sh!te, the engineers were all kids with no idea, and the Bentley product is all but dying? Close to Liverpool, Cheshire? Me, too cold up there, but bl@ddy expensive housing relative to wages?

House prices seem to be holding up, but for how long, who know's?

Not much - the Brits are not buying and the French wouldn't want it :D

Mind you there would have been some buyers a few years back wiling to spend twice its value doing it up. Mostly called Tarquin or Narthanial.

Crazie inglish...

I keep thinking I might move there, why pay so much to be in the UK? I fancy their better weather down south! I admire the French in many ways.

Mike

What sort of engineer are you? Free to travel? Ever thought about being a marine engineer on a mega yacht? There is still a shortage, they earn good money as well. I say this as I live on a yacht.

In short, the guy's a muppet.

It was stratospherically overpriced to start with, he's done the house up for a silly rich Londoner and there aren't any willing to buy them any more. He's a complete wally and making a right gibbon of himself publicly.

This is a demonstration on how to make yourself look a tit, not evidence of falling house prices....

looks like a smallish cottage in the countryside with no garden, why would you want a home in the countryside with no garden , ok its on a river so that adds 25% to the price of an otherwise nothing special terrace house so maybe 300k

the 100k kicker he has been offering is an inducement to someone in a position of trust to commit fraud with their client, why would you by a house from someone looking to commit fraud , its like the adverts in estate agents/developers magazines offering kickbacks on "off market transactions" its fraud plain and simple , the SFO should be calling these types of people up ...

'About Jonathan

A life on the edge ...

Family Man

Entrepreneur

Explorer :lol:

Adventurer :lol:

Innovator

Keynote Speaker

Visionary Thought Leader :lol:

Management Consultant

International Best Selling Author

Authority on Unlocking Human Potential and Fulfilment and Unlocking Business Success :lol: . '

He forgot to add "Tosser"....... :P

'About Jonathan

A life on the edge ...

Family Man

Entrepreneur

Explorer :lol:

Adventurer :lol:

Innovator

Keynote Speaker

Visionary Thought Leader :lol:

Management Consultant

International Best Selling Author

Authority on Unlocking Human Potential and Fulfilment and Unlocking Business Success :lol: . '

This is a reflection of the "me plc" times we seem to be entering. I get really annoyed with all these tosspots marketing themselves to death.

Can he do ice sculptures too?

That's given me a thought, have we just found our new PM to be, our new 'Dear Leader'?

So, let me see if I've got this straight. This:

"experienced Business Person and Entrepreneur and Property Selling Strategist who gives advice on extreme hosue selling for $300 an hour"

has been unable to sell a riverside house in Devon despite dropping the price by 1.65m.....

I know two people who've sold their own homes in the last couple of months - maybe they should set up to be property selling strategists too? One of them sold their home the day it went on the market - they must be a genius!

from his website

http://www.jonathanblain.com/jonathanblain/clients/index.htm

'Jonathan Blain is an enigma, a real one off, difficult to compare to others. He is essentially three different speakers in one: 1. Thought Leader / Business Guru 2. An experienced Business Person and Entrepreneur and 3. A Real life Adventurer.

you couldn't make this up.

I tried to look at his personal website but a message came up saying that the site was trying to install spyware on my computer. I had to settle for www.disruptiveinnovation.co.uk for laughs.

Jeezus H. Christ, this guy is an idiot.

From his bio: ''Ten years with the world's fourth largest corporation, has been followed by a raft of his risk pioneering venutures at the cutting edge.'' Anybody know what the world's fourth largest corporation is/was?

from his website

http://www.jonathanblain.com/jonathanblain/clients/index.htm

'Jonathan Blain is an enigma, a real one off, difficult to compare to others. He is essentially three different speakers in one: 1. Thought Leader / Business Guru 2. An experienced Business Person and Entrepreneur and 3. A Real life Adventurer.

He is content rich, an international best selling author with nine books on business, people and technology and £3.8million sales. He is original, at the cutting edge of business thinking, he is at home talking about the minutia of functional business issues as he is talking about the big picture. He is not the theoretician removed from the real world, but an experienced business person with hands on experience at multiple levels across many different industries and sizes of business.

He lives a life on the edge, pushing the boundaries of what is possible, leading not following, taking risks and daring to be different. It is not without its price, he has experienced some extraordinary highs, but also lows that makes his insights all the more valuable. With an adventure packed private life too, he is able to offer a blend of creative thinking, research backed facts and first hand experience, a compelling and powerful combination which is difficult to equal. '

you couldn't make this up.

right-menu_r22_c1.gif

right-menu_r15_c1.gif

Jonathan-extra-right.jpg

The man is David Brent.

Those how to think yourself rich books have a lot to answer for.