House Price Crash Forum
cypher007

How About This For A Buy To Let?

A tiny hole at that, must be a Taylor/Wimpey or Barratt shoebox. How many square feet living accomodation?

its quite big. about 85sqft. which if you look at some of the other places there building these days, where you open the front door and your in the lounge, makes this look huge.

Maybe at £75 to £80k maximum.

how do you work that one out? in Boston prices have hardly moved since 2007. if youve got a detached theyve moved even less. i think the eastern europeans have kept the market artificially high, due to demand. Boston is now, on valuation prices at least, in line with Sleaford and Lincoln. which it never was going back maybe 5-6 years.

how do you work that one out? in Boston prices have hardly moved since 2007. if youve got a detached theyve moved even less. i think the eastern europeans have kept the market artificially high, due to demand. Boston is now, on valuation prices at least, in line with Sleaford and Lincoln. which it never was going back maybe 5-6 years.

Plenty of EE's down in Sunny Slough too and the ASKING prices are still similar to 2007 there in a lot of cases because there are a lot of deluded sellers and estate agents will market their properties at any price just to get their business.

Why not wait another year or two to watch the second wave of declines unfold like is happening now in the US and happened here in the 90's. ;)

Edited by gotoutintime

its quite big. about 85sqft. which if you look at some of the other places there building these days, where you open the front door and your in the lounge, makes this look huge.

I take it you mean 85 sq metres (915 sq feet), I noticed the dining room looks a little cramped but that could be down to poor photography by the listing agent

I take it you mean 85 sq metres (915 sq feet), I noticed the dining room looks a little cramped but that could be down to poor photography by the listing agent

yes 85sqm, sorry.

Plenty of EE's down in Sunny Slough too and the ASKING prices are still similar to 2007 there in a lot of cases because there are a lot of deluded sellers and estate agents will market their properties at any price just to get their business.

Why not wait another year or two to watch the second wave of declines unfold like is happening now in the US and happened here in the 90's. ;)

sounds like a plan. though if, as some on here are predicting, the prices return to 2000/2001 prices that would make it worth about £45k. i cant see that happening, as i think people will start buying long before they get that low. maybe in the south and London they might drop back to 2000/2001 values, as they were crazily priced in 2007 anyway. maybe there will be a leveling of prices accross the UK, with some areas falling alot further than others.

Edited by cypher007

sounds like a plan. though if, as some on here are predicting, the prices return to 2000/2001 prices that would make it worth about £45k. i cant see that happening, as i think people will start buying long before they get that low. maybe in the south and London they might drop that low, as they were crazily priced in 2007 anyway. maybe there will be like a leveling of prices accross the UK, with some areas falling alot further than others.

I bought my first house in '92 and prices were down well from their previous highs. After levelling out they took another shallower dive and bottomed out in some areas earlier tha others. It is all swings and roundabouts at the end of the day but prices will drop everywhere even if London/S East does get hit first.

BTW the 4 bed detached on your other thread looks far better than this shoebox, if you do buy now put in a well reduced offer on the 4 bed and try your luck.

I bought my first house in '92 and prices were down well from their previous highs. After levelling out they took another shallower dive and bottomed out in some areas earlier tha others. It is all swings and roundabouts at the end of the day but prices will drop everywhere even if London/S East does get hit first.

BTW the 4 bed detached on your other thread looks far better than this shoebox, if you do buy now put in a well reduced offer on the 4 bed and try your luck.

what sort of figure are we talking about? £150k?

Edited by cypher007

another thing which will probably stop house prices falling is the fact we dont have crazy interest rates like we had in the previous recessions.

Yeah, you could always test the water @ £150k on the 4 bed detached. If you are unlucky with a very low bid you at least have a bit of room for a small increase.

another thing which will probably stop house prices falling is the fact we dont have crazy interest rates like we had in the previous recessions.

High IR's may follow on though by 2012/13. I was never a lover of fixed rates in last 10 years but a 10 year fix at a decent rate seems more attractive now if you can still get one.

High IR's may follow on though by 2012/13. I was never a lover of fixed rates in last 10 years but a 10 year fix at a decent rate seems more attractive now if you can still get one.

its now £94950.

And that's only what it's worth now.

You want to consider what it'll be worth in a year's time, and in two year's time...

how much? to be honest they said there would be a house price crash ages ago. in Boston it deosnt seem to have materialised yet. maybe because the prices took longer to rise here, and because there relatively low, compared to the rest of the country.

Edited by cypher007