House Price Crash Forum
cypher007

A House I Like In Boston

weve just viewed this property:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...6x%3D35%26y%3D8

whats it really worth? mouseprice comes up with some really low figures. i think there system works on sale history, and when there isnt any it picks a low figure.

Tried www.zoopla.co.uk. it's showing http://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/boston...%20Lincolnshire houses at less. There (if the same) showing 152k' to 162k. It shows one sold at 179k in May 2007! What No is this one?

its no. 36. houseprices hasnt got any data, so im guessing theyve lived there over 10 years.

I now see on page 3 that the neighbours house at No 37 was bought for 187k on 12th Feb 2007 and that Zoopla estimated it to be now worth 165k. Did you check Zoopla? I find it's good to stick in front of an agents nose and say how come......bla bla bla.

I now see on page 3 that the neighbours house at No 37 was bought for 187k on 12th Feb 2007 and that Zoopla estimated it to be now worth 165k. Did you check Zoopla? I find it's good to stick in front of an agents nose and say how come......bla bla bla.

yeah ive just used it for the first time, its brilliant :) . thank you so much for the link, it could save me thousands. i keep getting an attitude from agents that i need to accept bugger all for my semi 3 bed while paying out top dollar for a detached 3 bed.

im wondering whether or not to wait for the market to bottom out before selling and stepping up the ladder, as hopefully the gap between our house and what we want will close as the prices fall.

yeah ive just used it for the first time, its brilliant :) . thank you so much for the link, it could save me thousands. i keep getting an attitude from agents that i need to accept bugger all for my semi 3 bed while paying out top dollar for a detached 3 bed.

im wondering whether or not to wait for the market to bottom out before selling and stepping up the ladder, as hopefully the gap between our house and what we want will close as the prices fall.

Zoopla is a great site, just take a few moments to see all it can offer including it is set to look at the last 3 years but you can simply look at 5 or 7 instead for history of sales. You can use it's map for searching for property which is for sale, but you will not find every rightmove property on there.

I guess you put your house up for sale and if you get it sold start looking, or even rent for a year or two. Personally I think prices will drop another 20%-25% but that's just my opinion. I am sure we have far worse to come in the economy. Good luck anyway.

Zoopla is a great site, just take a few moments to see all it can offer including it is set to look at the last 3 years but you can simply look at 5 or 7 instead for history of sales. You can use it's map for searching for property which is for sale, but you will not find every rightmove property on there.

I guess you put your house up for sale and if you get it sold start looking, or even rent for a year or two. Personally I think prices will drop another 20%-25% but that's just my opinion. I am sure we have far worse to come in the economy. Good luck anyway.

hmm,

im just worried if we rent we could use up a fair bit of our savings doing so, and i dont see any reduction in the price of detached houses in this area:

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

if anything it looks like semi's are going down whilst detached are going up. whats going on?

hmm,

im just worried if we rent we could use up a fair bit of our savings doing so, and i dont see any reduction in the price of detached houses in this area:

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

if anything it looks like semi's are going down whilst detached are going up. whats going on?

I am sure you will find that detached houses will soon catch up with the semi's falling. There is just too much bad news stacked up waiting to do more damage to not to see further falls. You must do your figures though and I don't know your circumstances, you might have 4 kids etc, If you have a mortgage you put those payments against the rent payments. Any equity you have if you sell won't earn much interest though. You could invest it wisely, but that is a massive gamble you get that right. Tricky one, but it does not cost much to go with an estate agent for now.

I am sure you will find that detached houses will soon catch up with the semi's falling. There is just too much bad news stacked up waiting to do more damage to not to see further falls. You must do your figures though and I don't know your circumstances, you might have 4 kids etc, If you have a mortgage you put those payments against the rent payments. Any equity you have if you sell won't earn much interest though. You could invest it wisely, but that is a massive gamble you get that right. Tricky one, but it does not cost much to go with an estate agent for now.

i can give you a rundown of our situation, but id rather email you, as i cant pm yet. also do you sleeep ;) .

Work out the peak price and halve it. that should give you the 2000/2001 figure, when the bubble stage really set in.

Expect its value to eventually fall below that amount though.

wow, my missus and my manager at work both think it will never get that cheap in this area again.

wow, my missus and my manager at work both think it will never get that cheap in this area again.

OK, How do I give you my e-mail address directly to you?

could you PM me your email?

I will, but how do I do that?

could you PM me your email?

I tried but it failed saying the problem was as follows:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

Edited by Tim Miller

I tried but it faile saying the problem was as follows:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

crap. can i be made a member? i dont really want to post my email address, i get enough spam on my spam email as it is.

crap. can i be made a member? i dont really want to post my email address, i get enough spam on my spam email as it is.

can an admin pass on my email address to Tim Miller?

can an admin pass on my email address to Tim Miller?

its sold stc now :( , and after talking to the estate agent, for more than the £155k max we would have offered :( . i cant see us moving for at least two years :( .

its sold stc now :( , and after talking to the estate agent, for more than the £155k max we would have offered :( . i cant see us moving for at least two years :( .

well it went back on the market briefly for about four weeks, and now its off the market completely. i recon they wernt realistic about there price.

Edited by cypher007

I recently saw a House in Boston, not down Glen Drive, somewhere else - it was a repo and for sale at a very cheap price, even in the market conditions of the time.

It wasn't long before it was Sold and local "employment agencies" vans were parked in the driveway.

I recently saw a House in Boston, not down Glen Drive, somewhere else - it was a repo and for sale at a very cheap price, even in the market conditions of the time.

It wasn't long before it was Sold and local "employment agencies" vans were parked in the driveway.

are you Boston based?