House Price Crash Forum
ezekiel

What Are The Best Uk-based Blogs

Hey

So I mainly read Calculated Risk and Mish but also Market Ticker and a number of others (less frequently) but these are all US based. I like them because the bloggers do a great job of mining out new information and providing pretty good analysis on it. But in general the info is all about the US.

Who do you recommend for a UK-based blogger who similarly mines out good economic info?

I read Alice's blog (which is generally very good for providing information) but that's about it. There are lots of other great blogs (which I read) which provide information but with a massive personal agenda (Burning our Money for example is fantastic but sometimes I'd like something with more widely-based info and less rant).

Suggestions for a UK-based Calculated Risk???? Or just suggestions?

Cheers and have a nice evening.

Eze

There's CynicusEconomicus who's good.

The RenegadeEconomist is also worth a look.

+1 Cynicus Economicus is very thoughtful and has a wide knowledge of economics, which makes his long and well argued articles very interesting to read. He's a high-inflationist, though, so if that doesn't rock your boat, you'll find the Renegade Economist a bit more your cup of tea

Guest LongBlackKilt
+1 Cynicus Economicus is very thoughtful and has a wide knowledge of economics, which makes his long and well argued articles very interesting to read. He's a high-inflationist, though, so if that doesn't rock your boat, you'll find the Renegade Economist a bit more your cup of tea

It would be nice to know of a Scottish doomer blog that would rock Fatty Salmond and the other Trump-as-usual types.

Too much US-centric analysis on the web

Surely you mean insufficient UK analysis on the web? It is hardly the fault of the yanks that they have got their sh*t together. You've got to remember that, until fairly recently the US has been significantly more free than the UK so people have been able to build up wealth rather than have it squandered by the State. This enables them more free time to investigate things and be intelligent.

Too much US-centric analysis on the web

Surely you mean insufficient UK analysis on the web? It is hardly the fault of the yanks that they have got their sh*t together. You've got to remember that, until fairly recently the US has been significantly more free than the UK so people have been able to build up wealth rather than have it squandered by the State. This enables them more free time to investigate things and be intelligent.

Absolutely +++++1.

It's shaming how paralysed the British are in the face of the present crisis.

Wot, no more North Sea Oil?

No more MEW?

No more money for nothing?