House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Some Good Doom 'end Of The World' Stuff Needed

You know, there are so many threads on here in the past few weeks or so talking of a double dip, of a K-winter, of house prices collapsing, the DOW going to 4,000 and California constantly about to go bust... but who or what is the person or persons who is warning of worst yet to come in the global economic turmoil?

So many would-be doomsters have jumped on the bandwagon now, often quoting others, that it is actually hard to wade through it all and work out who are the real people standing back, looking at the wider picture and saying "Hang on, this thing ain't over yet!".

And, apart from who they are, what are they saying?

For all the talk of worse is yet to come the truth, as much as I do not like to admit it, that the worse has not yet come - especially so here in the UK.

I, of course, stick to my guns that when 'it' comes 'it' will be sudden, sharp and so nasty that it will take people's breath away. Has Buffet's eye op made him begin to see green shoots also?

I agree, it could well be very sudden... and I don't mean an event that would trigger Operation Sassoon (emergency evacuation of London and SE) being enacted as a necessity that would see panic in the streets and every supermarket.

S & P announcing a sovereign debt credit rating downgrade or even HSBC or Barclays relocating abroad might be all that's required for a giant loss of confidence in Britain's economy.

Whatever's on the horizon, though, has been pre-planned, most likely at the recent Bilderberg Conference. We remain unaware of the timeframe but informed sources all appear to believe it'll happen before this summer's over.

I, of course, stick to my guns that when 'it' comes 'it' will be sudden, sharp and so nasty that it will take people's breath away. Has Buffet's eye op made him begin to see green shoots also?
July 10 (Bloomberg) -- For Warren Buffett, freight-train traffic has the kind of importance that Alan Greenspan attached to scrap-steel prices as Federal Reserve chairman -- and it isn’t going his way.

The CHART OF THE DAY compares the number of freight carloads at six of the largest U.S. railroads this year with the same period of 2008. Shipments tumbled 19.2 percent through last week from a year earlier, the Association of American Railroads reported yesterday.

Buffett follows this gauge more closely than any other index, Bianna Golodryga, a reporter for ABC’s “Good Morning America†program, said yesterday after she interviewed the billionaire investor. Its drop worries him, she reported.

source bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aPAQLQ0ebMQI