House Price Crash Forum

Remember When You Were Young?

HOLA441

What were you all in your youth? I'm a product of the 80's I guess (born in '74) and in my formative years I was an indie kid - baggy jumpers, boys with long hair, snakebite, the wonderstuff, pwei andDM''s!!

We hated 'sharons and kevins' :P

What was the HPC teen demographic?!!

Were you all goffs or wot?!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest anorthosite
What were you all in your youth? I'm a product of the 80's I guess (born in '74) and in my formative years I was an indie kid - baggy jumpers, boys with long hair, snakebite, the wonderstuff, pwei andDM''s!!

Similar age, went a bit "metaly" with long hair. Not that I remember it that well :blink:

HOLA443

Hmmm.

'81-'85 : Fred Perry/grandad shirt up top. Very tight sky blue sta-press trousers. Red white and blue 'Jam' shoes were my uniform.

'85-'88 : Long coats, second hand shirts, turned up jeans and quiff (started drinking). Mainly Blastaways, snakies and lager.

After that I...can't remember. I think I started getting more normal.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Hmmm.

'81-'85 : Fred Perry/grandad shirt up top. Very tight sky blue sta-press trousers. Red white and blue 'Jam' shoes were my uniform.

'85-'88 : Long coats, second hand shirts, turned up jeans and quiff (started drinking). Mainly Blastaways, snakies and lager.

After that I...can't remember. I think I started getting more normal.

Hmm... were you a jam fan turned to the smiffs?!

HOLA446
Hmm... were you a jam fan turned to the smiffs?!

Spot on ;)

I was always a bit of a punk too but didn't dress like one.

As we moved into the 90's I turned to Adidas in a big way. Must have been the Blur thing.

HOLA447
Guest anorthosite
I bet you were either an INXS fan or a 'tallybanger'

Wrong! Iron Maiden was my favourite band.

What's a "tallybanger"?

HOLA448
Guest Skinty

Born 74 myself as well.

Didn't like the 80's. I hid away in my bedroom for ten years until the 90's came along and then decided that it was safe to come out. At least the music had got better by then.

Originally a metaller myself but then became interested in classical musical, particularly Russian stuff and then broadened my tastes even further.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Born 74 myself as well.

Didn't like the 80's. I hid away in my bedroom for ten years until the 90's came along and then decided that it was safe to come out. At least the music had got better by then.

Originally a metaller myself but then became interested in classical musical, particularly Russian stuff and then broadened my tastes even further.

Tell us more......

HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite
A tallybanger was a metallica fan! Not far off though!

I saw them on the "Justice For All" tour, but they kin dof lost it after that to be honest. I remember when they swore they'd never even make a video..

HOLA4413
Played the bass in busted ass punk bands, used to hide my punk gear in the bushes as dad wouldn't let me, I would go to the bushes and change and spike my hair, get wrecked and run amock

Then went to live in the village in NY and beleive it or not got into disco and rap when it first started out there

Awesome.

I was lead singer of a punk band in my Sixth form days....whereabouts in NY?

HOLA4414

Skinhead myself when really young then grew into a casual. Loved Two tone but enjoyed most music, Inner London livin. Lived at the bottom of the Kings Road for 27 years. Great place to be bought up. Never had much wonga but plenty to be done.

Just loved the 80`s .......... 1985 and being 17 years old....... :rolleyes:

Grew up with Chelsea Football club, Sweeny/Minder being filmed round the corner, Notting hill carnival, IRA bombings, derelict bombsites as playgrounds, riots and bad fashions. Just some quick memories but could bore everyone for hours.

HOLA4415
Played the bass in busted ass punk bands, used to hide my punk gear in the bushes as dad wouldn't let me, I would go to the bushes and change and spike my hair, get wrecked and run amock

Then went to live in the village in NY and beleive it or not got into disco and rap when it first started out there

How old are you Bardon? Are you Studio 54 disco - or later?!

HOLA4416
I love (loved!!) Blur!! 'There's no other way' is one of the soundtracks of my 'yoof'......

They put on a great show at Glastonbury. Graham Coxon was a revelation.

I still listen to them nowadays. Love songs like 'Trouble in the message centre', 'He thought of cars' and 'Caramel'. All the moody ones! Must be The Smiths fan in me.

HOLA4417
Skinhead myself when really young then grew into a casual. Loved Two tone but enjoyed most music, Inner London livin. Lived at the bottom of the Kings Road for 27 years. Great place to be bought up. Never had much wonga but plenty to be done.

Grew up with Chelsea Football club, Sweeny/Minder being filmed round the corner, Notting hill carnival, IRA bombings, derelict bombsites as playgrounds, riots and bad fashions. Just some quick memories but could bore everyone for hours.

Are you a rudeboy then?! Go on and bore us, we'd love it! I am very partial to a bit of the specials...and UB40's '1 in 10' is one of my fave songs ever.

HOLA4418

All good Bosh. Apart from the Chelsea thing ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
They put on a great show at Glastonbury. Graham Coxon was a revelation.

I still listen to them nowadays. Love songs like 'Trouble in the message centre', 'He thought of cars' and 'Caramel'. All the moody ones! Must be The Smiths fan in me.

I think that Graham Coxon is 'the' guitarist of modern times. I've seen Blur twice and they are awesome live.

Beetlebum is my favourite of theirs!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
East Village when it was still a ghetto, punk was taking off there in a big way, but I strayed into hard core black rap.

I go back there quite often and the east village has been well and truly gentrified for a long time now I prefrred the ghetto bit.

I had a real hot chickie babe she was from the Sth Bronx and I used to visit her up there that was diffrent, she is a cop now. Again Harlem and Sth Bronx is completely safe now you can walk around with no threat.

Man. Sounds like something out of a Red Hot Chili Pepper autobiography. Nice one.

HOLA4424
Are you a rudeboy then?! Go on and bore us, we'd love it! I am very partial to a bit of the specials...and UB40's '1 in 10' is one of my fave songs ever.

My Brother in law plays with Madness ;) No names...

I went to a school that was majority black and I also enjoy/enjoyed reggae and soul but if I was bordering anything in my youth a Rude boy was I.

My best mate as a kid was a chap called Leroy. We would get the strangest looks by some people, him being black and me being a skinhead :lol:

UB40 were ok and my fave song from them was earth dies screaming.

I was really into all sorts of music by 1985 and absolutely loved the original live aid concert.

HOLA4425
Yes I done 54, also knew most of the staff in the niteclubs Madonna before she made it used to play on the roof (literally)of Danceteria, lots and lots of mind bending experiences.

Really?! I would have loved to have been part of that scene!! Blondie, Bianca Jagger...oh the glamour and cool!

Archived