House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LongBlackKilt

Fear & Lothian Fur Hoose-biggers

Guest LongBlackKilt

Found a copy of the “Daily Mirror†on the train.

Here is what it said:

“A million pound plot on Scotland’s most exclusive housing estate has sold for a

quarter of its price after the builders went bust.

The Archerfield Estate in East Lothian includes two championship golf courses

whose members include footballers Alan Shearer and Ryan Giggs.

Gregor Shore went into administration in October and last week estate agents Savills

sold the 3,350 sq ft plot with planning permission for just £250,000.

A resident said “It’s a complete bargainâ€.

Oh Hamish................

Wherefore art thou dear Hamish.........

Hamish!

Now go & do your maths homework boy!

What was that abut 'The Land of Leatherings' LBK? :)

Guest LongBlackKilt

Hamish!

Now go & do your maths homework boy!

What was that abut 'The Land of Leatherings' LBK? :)

Ah kin tell that the burd's impressed. B)

Ah kin tell that the burd's impressed. B)

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestne...-for.5447971.jp

a wis doon wi ma van the other night pricin a job, man the place has a forest of for sale boards, works pickin up though as a lot oh the half built ones are re startin again.

Its the 1st time i huv ever seen weeds growin on a scaffolding.

Estate agents Savills had to slash the price to just £250,000 to sell the giant 3,350sq ft plot.

Giant? 3350 sq feet = 311 sq m or 0.0768 acre

or a plot 17m by 17m, which would certainly be giant if talking about pizzas or jellyfish, but not a plot for a house.

According to The Hootsmon, this 'plot' has a part-built hoose on it; if I'm not mistaken, when it was advertised at over £1 million, that was on the basis that Gregor Shore would complete the house, and the buyer would get the finished article - so to describe it as a £1 million 'plot' is a bit wide of the mark.

Against other undeveloped plots available for £300-400k, the buyer of this one got the plot for £250k (as part of a porfolio with other properties) with a part-built house included; a good bargain, but hardly the "£1 mill plot for £250k that the articles imply.....

One of the other Gregor Shore houses, completed this time, is available through another agent for around £850k or so.

The fact that the buyer gets part of a house as well as the plot is almost an afterthought -

Scotsman

Cala seem to be down to the last two of the fifteen or so that they were selling down at Archerfield -

Plot 10, The Halyburton - originally £1,300,000, now £995,000

Plot 14 The Roosevelt - originally £1,250,000, now £795,000 (36% off)

Anyone who paid anywhere near the original list price for a Roosevelt must be feeling really sick right now.....

Faced with these discounts, will any of the smaller builders get the £1.2 - £1.6million that they're currently looking for?

Giant? 3350 sq feet = 311 sq m or 0.0768 acre

or a plot 17m by 17m, which would certainly be giant if talking about pizzas or jellyfish, but not a plot for a house.

3,350 sq ft / 311 sq m would seem to be the Gross Internal Floor Area of the house as originally proposed, according to Archerfield's sale brochure; the various designs ranging from 190 sq m to 460 sq m. Gregor Shore may have modified the design slightly.

The smallest plot size I can see in the brochure is 0.24 acre.

He seems to have gone to another place since being put on the troll list. Unfortunately his clones have been busy carpet bombing this site recently.

Edited by pyracantha

No. 10, previously advertised at £2.3 million, as I recall, was in the Scotland on Sunday supplement yesterday at £1.875 million..... you even get your own stagnant.... oh, sorry, feature pond in the back garden....

http://www.rettie.co.uk/buy_property/view_...=EDI081323&

I must be getting old - the agent selling it looks just out of school.....

Edited by TTD

I must be getting old - the agent selling it looks just out of school.....

Is that the shape of the poor wee tyke's head or did he get carried away with the hair-care products?

Is that the shape of the poor wee tyke's head or did he get carried away with the hair-care products?

He does have a rather odd shaped head i am sure this property at one point was advertised at offers in the region of 2.9 million IMO it will need to come down to around 1.5 to get it away the property is owned by one of the partners of change homes ltd who i think have now gone to the wall his partner also has a similar house down there on the market for a bit less i think savills are selling it

Edited by dunedin

I'm no expert on constructing ponds, but the kit for making small ponds in back gardens usually involves a synthetic liner to hold the water in; else it will all leech into the ground, and turn the back garden into a marsh.

Look at the humungous pond in the back garden at No. 10 - either there's one HUGE synthetic liner in there, or they've done something else...... or what if they haven't? With that amount of water, and the rainfall recently, could it all be seeping into the adjacent gardens, and forming a water table below the golf course and the other million-pound houses.........?

Some jaw-dropping numbers I found yesterday ; Strutt & Parker are selling one showhome, one part-completed house, and two undeveloped plots at Archerfield -

Plot 9 (undeveloped) - bought for £418,875 in Nov 2007, now for sale at £295,000

Plot 39 - fully built show home - Marketed since Mar 2008 at well over £1mill, now at £825,000

Plot 48 - plot bought for £460,000 (Nov 2007?), now with part built house requiring completion - marketed since Mar 2008, now at £700,000

Plot 49 (undeveloped) - bought (Nov 2007?) for £460,000, now also at £295,000