House Price Crash Forum
US Citizen

Work Until Your 75 Years Old

How do you fancy working until your 75 years old in order to receive a state pension ?

Watch the news in the next week. My little birdies has tweated again.

I wouldnt mind working as long as possible, but if you dont retire at a sensible age, what is the knock on effect to the younger generation?

Guest Barebear

My dad who retired at 60 and was always moaning about his job wished he had never retired. What he really hated about retirement was suddenly becoming a nobody.

I could happily work till I'm 75 on a more and more part time basis.

I wouldnt mind working as long as possible, but if you dont retire at a sensible age, what is the knock on effect to the younger generation?

The knock on effect will be relief they don't have to support you.

My dad who retired at 60 and was always moaning about his job wished he had never retired. What he really hated about retirement was suddenly becoming a nobody.

I could happily work till I'm 75 on a more and more part time basis.

You must really be someone.

The knock on effect will be relief they don't have to support you.

And I'd be happy in the knowledge that they could stay on the dole watching daytime TV all day.

Work till you're due to snuff it before being able to collect a state pension, and if you can't find employment the state will mandate you to sweep streets, polish pavements, etc.

Those who are deemed healthy, i.e. they haven't a terminal illness or wheelchair-bound, and have no savings or other income, will be compelled to acquiesce or rot.

'Everyone must contribute something,' will be the mantra.

Don't like the idea? Feel a little rebellious?

Tough!

Look around you - that's why we have constructed this mammoth surveillance state... it was never about chavs or fantasy terrorists.

Edited by Seydel

Work until you 75 - IF you can find a job, methinks. It's bad enough now finding work at 50+.

+1

In fact it's too easy to become unemployable in your 40s.

I have a 72 yr old friend who keeps as busy as someone who works. She does volunteering one day a week and complains about all the old people she has to deal with! (They're younger than her but prematurely in the grave)

will this apply immediately or will it come in in, say 2012 or whatever - essentially at what generation is the cutoff?

I'd be happy to live to 75 let alone work until it! Couldn't give a shight if i have to work up until my death, been used to it up until now, though it's never been physical so I suppose I've been lucky.

How do you fancy working until your 75 years old in order to receive a state pension ?

Watch the news in the next week. My little birdies has tweated again.

There is no frigging chance I'm working any longer than a lazy public sector or civil service usless scum!

I'd be happy to live to 75 let alone work until it! Couldn't give a shight if i have to work up until my death, been used to it up until now, though it's never been physical so I suppose I've been lucky.

How many times have you died then?

If I am obliged to work at the age of 75, I would be tempted to turn grey hat. By that age, I would be entitled to money through hook or by crook I would seek it out. Nobody has the right to change the rules of the game like that. And if they did, they would be my primary interest as a grey hat ;-)

Work until you 75 - IF you can find a job, methinks. It's bad enough now finding work at 50+.

I retired at sixty in 2003 as a partner in a successful company, since then I have been headhunted and offered many well paid jobs.

To get out of bed before 9am now is a sufferance for me so reluctantly I had to refuse their kind offers. :D

Started working to earn money when I was 10 years of age through the austerity of the 1950s, so now I require complete rest and peace of mind.

Goodnight all I need my sleep, a very busy week ahead cruising on my boat, mooring up at riverside pubs and relaxing with a pint of natural brewed beer, oh how that pint of mild, nectar, as it smoothly runs down my throat. B)

Edited by Charlie The Tramp Returns

Not sure I'll be safe to work until I'm that old. Would you want to be put to sleep by a 75-year old anaesthetist?

Guest Barebear
You must really be someone.

Yeh i am amongst my colleagues and friends aren't you ?

(No need to be facetious you know what I ment.)

Yeh i am amongst my colleagues and friends aren't you ?

(No need to be facetious you know what I ment.)

I really should use smiley faces more often.

I retired at sixty in 2003 as a partner in a successful company, since then I have been headhunted and offered many well paid jobs.

To get out of bed before 9am now is a sufferance for me so reluctantly I had to refuse their kind offers. :D

Started working to earn money when I was 10 years of age through the austerity of the 1950s, so now I require complete rest and peace of mind.

Goodnight all I need my sleep, a very busy week ahead cruising on my boat, mooring up at riverside pubs and relaxing with a pint of natural brewed beer, oh how that pint of mild, nectar, as it smoothly runs down my throat. B)

6/10 - above average.

You will catch the stupid and jealous types with that post, but not the stupid and proud. It needs something that implies that everyone under a certain age is lazy and useless as well. I look forward to your second attempt ;)

Edit - you should have said you got all of the above from the public sector - you would then have caught the Daily Fail brigade as well.

Edited by impatient_mug