House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Two Weeks Off Without A Doctor's Note

If you think you might have...'

Govt is considering this...

Britain grinds to a halt the moment it comes in!

Edited by juvenal

If you think you might have...'

Govt is considering this...

A sign of the Govt being more honest?

. In the middle of the seasonal flu peak all you have to do is turn up at the surgery and the receptionist fills out the form that the doc has pre signed. :lol:

Doubt it. This would be a free extra two weeks leave with pay. Yours for the taking.

Apart from cuntractors, who wouldn't?

TFH

exactly - not much use for the self employed. think i might get a PAYE job just for this!

helping to make the swine flu reason for GDP fall seem all the more plausible?

with all those people off "sick" employers will have to delay layoffs to have enough staff left to cover?

or am I just cynical?

I might have already had swine flu, but if this comes in I might have swine flu in August, and again in September, how am I supposed to know if I have swine flu or something else?

with all those people off "sick" employers will have to delay layoffs to have enough staff left to cover?

or am I just cynical?

I might have already had swine flu, but if this comes in I might have swine flu in August, and again in September, how am I supposed to know if I have swine flu or something else?

First time claim it as swine flu. If you get flu again it wont be swine flu - just the normal seasonal flu.

or am I just cynical?

It's happening in Argentina at the moment. Huge increase in Absenteeism. Economy getting wrecked.

Yet Britons carried on as normal when Brown-the-unelected committed treason in 1999.

They carried on as normal when a family named Churchill were bunged £12,000,000 of lottery funds for something that was not theirs.

They carried on as normal when their Prime Minister declared a war based on a lie.

Do the Majority get the govt. they deserve?

Extracts from the BBC:

Swine flu sickens Argentine economy

Friday, 10 July 2009

The authorities have asked people not to travel during the long weekend and recommended that they stay at home.

People are not only staying away from theatres and cinemas but also shopping centres, restaurants, buses, trains and work.

Local media have estimated that hundreds of millions of dollars have been lost, but according to economists, the true impact cannot be measured until the extent of swine flu across the country is established.

Roberto Dvoskin, of the University of San Andres, told BBC Mundo that the decision by the government not to order the closure of buildings - as they did in Mexico - is having a "drip-effect", which in the long term will have a worse impact on the economy.

"If everything were closed down with proper planning, for 10 or 12 days, the cost would be 1% of GDP," he says.

For Mr Dvoskin, market demand is currently influencing decisions, with an ultimately higher economic and social cost.

He says the problem is that to "take drastic measures for a limited period," carries with it potential political costs and "often governments prefer greater economic costs to lesser political ones".

Absenteeism

The high number of people infected with the virus in Argentina - according to the Ministry of Health, it could rise to more than 100,000 - is not the only reason for the high level of absenteeism from the workplace.

Many parents have had to stay at home to look after their children who will not be going back to school until the end of July.

And there are those who have had to stay at home to look after sick family members or are vulnerable themselves, such as pregnant women, diabetics, people with respiratory or heart problems, or with compromised immune systems.

It is estimated that in Buenos Aires - the province most affected - around 20% of public workers are off work.

But the government has taken some action.

Tourism slump

As in the case of Mexico, experts say that tourism has been badly hit because of swine flu.

Winter in the southern hemisphere is normally a boom period for the tourist trade, especially in the hugely popular ski centres like Bariloche, in the southern province of Rio Negro, or Las Lenas, in Mendoza, in the west.

Some agencies have reported a 50% drop in the sale of package holidays.

The blow inflicted by H1N1 virus has hit the tourism sector hard, which had already seen a decline in international visitors amid the global economic downturn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8141996.stm

I've asked about this at work, you can have one week off self cert but after that you need a doctors note. Now the advice is not to go to your doctors, so how do you get a sick note? Can you turn up afterwards and say had the flu for 2 weeks now give me a sick note?

As I keep saying swine flu will be blamed for the failed recovery.

Ponzi Brown will be able to blame something else now.

I've asked about this at work, you can have one week off self cert but after that you need a doctors note. Now the advice is not to go to your doctors, so how do you get a sick note? Can you turn up afterwards and say had the flu for 2 weeks now give me a sick note?

As I keep saying swine flu will be blamed for the failed recovery.

Ponzi Brown will be able to blame something else now.

Perhaps the Department of Health will provide an online sicknote that you can print off at home.

While the Treasury prints fake money the population can print fake sicknotes.

Makes perfect sense

What happens if you take your two-week sickie, giving the reason as swine flu, then go back to work for a couple of days, then go down with swine flu for real? A sackable offence?

What happens if you take your two-week sickie, giving the reason as swine flu, then go back to work for a couple of days, then go down with swine flu for real? A sackable offence?

See post #7.

That's what I thought too and it really does pi55 me off.

Yup... but would you rather be employed?

And then there'll be the serial offenders of the employed who'll repeatedly take advantage of this... cos you're bound to be able to keep getting the flu.

And how exactly will I, a hard working, tax paying, self employed person benefit from this scheme??

Well if you are an IT contractor and happen to be available, and find a company in a bind due to flu absence, offer to step in and lend a hand. Look at the code and if you can, rubbish the sick permie developer(s) while they are unable to see what you are up to or put their case.

With a bit of luck they'll look to dump a permie and take you on instead.

I had flu when it last turned up, was it 10, 15 years ago? It does actually warrant a fortnight off, if nothing else to try and prevent everyone else getting it (at the same time at least). Perhaps what they are infact trying to do is stagger the infection hit rate by taking the first wave of ill out of circulation and by the time they are better, the next wave are off ill. This way, they can keep at least a fraction of services in operation at any given time (the immune, the coming ill, the infectious and the stricken). That is if flu were to reach an epidemic, which I still doubt to some extent. Plus it is still only flu, isn't it? Or is there something they are keeping from us?

I'll take self-employed over a couple of weeks on the state any day.

Mind you, I'm not exactly hard working and I pay little tax. Gordo bungs my family a nice bit of tax credits to make up for my idleness.

I'll take self-employed over a couple of weeks on the state any day.

Mind you, I'm not exactly hard working and I pay little tax. Gordo bungs my family a nice bit of tax credits to make up for my idleness.

So you find being a net taker rewarding? When your childrens' friends ask you what you do, and you say very little, do you feel satisfied? Forgive my being blunt, but faceless forums have this effect, and I'm only a small voice.