House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loginandtonic

Ing Back Up To 3%aer For New Customers (inc Bonus)

I was looking on their site and it does not say anywhere about protection of savings or how safe they are as a bank! Your protected to 100,000 Euros, but again if it went tits up you have to get the money from Holland. Its all very well saying that to lure savers in, but should it happen and the government say, "sorry we dont have the money" and pay back the Dutch only your stuffed.

Yes its unlikely to go bust, but hey once Icelands banks had AAA credit ratings and look what happend there!!! People just have to be careful as we are not out of the words yet.

I suggest all ING holders call ING and check what interest rate they are on if already holders. Don't assume it's even 2.5% or whatever, check exactly.

I used to have money with ING Direct :(

They were originally quite rate competitive :unsure:

But they then moved over to a bait (with introductory bonuses) and switch (to low saving rates afterwards) model :angry:

Unless you are willing to move your money around promptly there are fairer providers to be with :P