House Price Crash Forum

Women With Brains And Beauty

HOLA441
There are plenty of women with brains and beauty. You are just looking in the wrong place. i.e. the mass media.

It takes a lot of whoring and infaturation to make it in the media. Anyone with any brains is going to realise that there are far more successful ways to make money and that fame is not going to make you happy.

That leaves the clueless who believe the OK! and Hello! lifestyle message, and out of those it will be the pretty ones who might have a chance of actually making it.

And secondly, intelligence is like a muscle. It needs to be used. Other than memorising lines, making the right career choice or understanding the motivations of a character, the career of 'celebrity' does not lend itself to developing particularly noteworthy levels of intelligence.

That's why Carol Voldermort is considered intelligent by the media when all she has is a 3rd in engineering.

So if you're looking for a known face with particularly high intellifgence and good looks, whether male or female, you should look at people with proper professions who end up with media exposure due to their own success.

Otherwise it's like hanging around convents looking for women who are a bit of a 'go-er'.

yeah and Einstein flunked out of school, what's your point?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
There are plenty of women with brains and beauty. You are just looking in the wrong place. i.e. the mass media.

It takes a lot of whoring and infaturation to make it in the media. Anyone with any brains is going to realise that there are far more successful ways to make money and that fame is not going to make you happy.

That leaves the clueless who believe the OK! and Hello! lifestyle message, and out of those it will be the pretty ones who might have a chance of actually making it.

And secondly, intelligence is like a muscle. It needs to be used. Other than memorising lines, making the right career choice or understanding the motivations of a character, the career of 'celebrity' does not lend itself to developing particularly noteworthy levels of intelligence.

That's why Carol Voldermort is considered intelligent by the media when all she has is a 3rd in engineering.

So if you're looking for a known face with particularly high intellifgence and good looks, whether male or female, you should look at people with proper professions who end up with media exposure due to their own success.

Otherwise it's like hanging around convents looking for women who are a bit of a 'go-er'.

Yes I have to agree.

I've met a few luscious docs and lawyers over the years, and dimwits don't complete med school or law school(although they won't necessarily be pleasant or have much humility!)

Marketing bimbos don't count in my (biased) book....

Brains and beauty are only rare in the media. Except this gorgeous creature who's also 15 years too young for me. :(

http://images.google.co.uk/images?um=1&amp...G=Search+images

HOLA447
Guest anorthosite
yeah and Einstein flunked out of school, what's your point?

You want to give a little context to that statement?

HOLA448
You want to give a little context to that statement?

Doing well at University means your good at getting by at university not a measure of intelligence. i know several millionaires that did not get a 1st or 2:1 at university.

HOLA449
Doing well at University means your good at getting by at university not a measure of intelligence. i know several millionaires that did not get a 1st or 2:1 at university.

Hmm.

Millionaires = brains then?

Rooney strikes you as MENSA material? :P

While genii exist who flunk school, they're few and far between, it's more commonly used as an argument by people who flunk school....

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Let's hope you look like a model...
Lol. What? Get the rod that has been firmly inserted inside your anus out...

I'll take it that's a "no" then :lol:

HOLA4419
He had brains and beauty

740_1013733268.jpg

How many of you HPC blokes can match him eh?!

He's definitely got more hair than me, that's for sure.

Incidentally, I read your avatar. I am not a big Murray fan, but I can tell you he has an excellent chance of winning Wimbledon. There has never been an Italian Men's singles champion and no Spanish winner from 1877 to 2007. So presumably their men are equally unattractive as British men...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Let's hope you look like a model, to make up for your lack of intelligence and social sensitivity

Agreed.

Agreed. Intelligence does not equal commercial success. Often the opposite - intelligence often does not sit well with "salesmanship". It does not matter how good you are at something, you then have to sell it.

More generally, what an awful thread - do you people think this is male only website populated by weirdos who scratch their crotch habitually and haven't had a girlfriend for 20 years? Well, that's what it sounds like from this thread. Actually, there's quite a few (a) women; and (B) men who have a life. I don't actually include you lot (ie on this thread) in that grouping.

EDIT - the emotion is not lavisciously winking at "men who have a life". Its supposed to be a lower case para b ....

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Skinty
Agreed. Intelligence does not equal commercial success. Often the opposite - intelligence often does not sit well with "salesmanship". It does not matter how good you are at something, you then have to sell it.

My theory is that the most successful sales people are actually gullible. It's easier to sell a product if you believe in it.

More generally, what an awful thread - do you people think this is male only website populated by weirdos who scratch their crotch habitually and haven't had a girlfriend for 20 years? Well, that's what it sounds like from this thread. Actually, there's quite a few (a) women; and (B) men who have a life. I don't actually include you lot (ie on this thread) in that grouping.

Agreed.

Archived