House Price Crash Forum

Auntie Pravda

HOLA441

I know I risk being relegated to the lunatic fringe by bringing this up (again!), but this morning I accidentally watched the BBC citizenship lecture that's entitled 'breakfast'. (apologies if this already has a thread, I couldn't see it but admit to only looking at the first page)

The attitude and analysis during the 'business' (read house-panic) section was shocking. I'd invite anyone who hasn't watched it in a while to have a look, just to re-orient yourselves with either how off-the-planet the programme is, or consider how the whole HPC belief thing is akin to reporting kidnap by little green men.

Maybe someone could set up a web-site or blog to keep track of the lies/deliberate distortions? Or does anyone know where a respectable one exists?

HOLA442
I know I risk being relegated to the lunatic fringe by bringing this up (again!), but this morning I accidentally watched the BBC citizenship lecture that's entitled 'breakfast'. (apologies if this already has a thread, I couldn't see it but admit to only looking at the first page)

The attitude and analysis during the 'business' (read house-panic) section was shocking. I'd invite anyone who hasn't watched it in a while to have a look, just to re-orient yourselves with either how off-the-planet the programme is, or consider how the whole HPC belief thing is akin to reporting kidnap by little green men.

Maybe someone could set up a web-site or blog to keep track of the lies/deliberate distortions? Or does anyone know where a respectable one exists?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum

These people do a fair job of pointing out the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporations many lies and distortions.

More here:

http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

http://www.spiderbomb.com/tv/index.html

HOLA443

There used to be a poster on here called W12 who actually worked for the BBC, but even he wouldn't defend the BBC's Breakfast "output."

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Maybe you've just become accepting of it...or I'm becoming more intolerant!

Mrs D has told me to stop shouting at Bill and the bird who looks like a boy with a vulgar diamond ring.

I will be happily having a conversation, eating breakfast, or preparing to walk the dog when from nowhere I have a bout of Tourrettes aimed at the morons on my screen.

Mrs D is getting fed up of it and is worried about my blood pressure.

Accepting???? Me???????? Wash your mouth out!!!!!

HOLA4410
I saw the words 'housing market recovers' or something similar in a big headline behind the bloke waffling on.

I tried to reconcile that headline with the content which was - builders want more mortgage availability.

Did i miss something? :blink:

Yes......You should have seen a circular revolving multi coloured disc and the inscription........3 2 1.. You're under.

HOLA4411
Mrs D has told me to stop shouting at Bill and the bird who looks like a boy with a vulgar diamond ring.

I will be happily having a conversation, eating breakfast, or preparing to walk the dog when from nowhere I have a bout of Tourrettes aimed at the morons on my screen.

Mrs D is getting fed up of it and is worried about my blood pressure.

Accepting???? Me???????? Wash your mouth out!!!!!

Sorry I meant 'more accustomed' or 'used to it' perhaps.

I also got the 'heart attacks happen in the morning' talk from my dear wife today. That 'Bill' thing is hideous isn't it? I'm usually a live n let live sort of fella but him...grrrrrrrrr

HOLA4412

ah, the beeb... this thread has reminded me i haven't watched Pravda 24 in months. somehow i've weaned myself away

i unreservedly recommend it.. and anyway, Sky News is the same channel, but with different avatars

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
ah, the beeb... this thread has reminded me i haven't watched Pravda 24 in months. somehow i've weaned myself away

i unreservedly recommend it.. and anyway, Sky News is the same channel, but with different avatars

Here in north america the tv is truly fucking shite. I've just setup a UK VPN just so I can watch stuff on iPlayer - and believe me it's worth it.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419