House Price Crash Forum

Here's the text of an e-mail message received from Toby Bray of Moneyweek. Predicts a 50% fall within a year-all very dramatic I thought! Can they really justify being this bearish-only time will tell! The link to the full report is:

http://www.fsponline-recommends.co.uk/page...p;l=170361&

Britain’s best-selling financial magazine ‘breaks rank’ to give you this urgent warning...

INVESTMENT WARNING:

Get out of this

“Suckers’ Rally†NOW!

Read on to discover...

Four ‘Wealth Assaults’ set to ravage your savings and investments between now and June 30, 2010

Four ‘last resort’ money protection moves you need to make immediately. And,

Two ways to bank potential gains of between 545% and 936% from the final, most dangerous phase of the global financial crisis...

What’s he done now..?

Dear Country Solicitor,

Last December Gordon Brown proudly told the House of Commons “we have saved the worldâ€.

It was a slip of the tongue, of course.

He meant “banksâ€.

But his attempt to correct the mistake was drowned out by Tory laughter.

And they were right to laugh...

Gordon Brown’s £500bn rescue plan – and the similar one implemented in America - has not “saved the worldâ€. It hasn’t even saved the banks.

It’s actually done the exact opposite: created a “suckers rally†that’s lured UK savers and investors into even greater danger.

I write today to ensure YOU are not one of them.

In the pages that follow, you’ll get advance warning of four ‘wealth assaults’ we believe will take Britons completely off-guard in the months to come.

These include:

The price of your house to HALVE between now and July 29, 2010. There are 5 rock-solid reasons why the property ‘mini-bounce’ is weeks – perhaps days – away from a dramatic reversal.

‘Fed Model’ alarm system warns: “Stock Sell-Off Imminent!â€The Fed Model accurately picked the 1987 and 2001 crashes. It issued a clear SELL signal on European equities in June and July 2007, well before the market finally cracked. It called the rebound at the start of the year... and now the warning siren is ringing again!

The final ‘knock-out’ blow for UK banks. I’ll explain why UK banks are in even more trouble than they were 12 months ago... what this means for you... and the lurking menace of financial meltdown across the Channel.

The Great Wealth Destroyer! The Government calls its money printing rescue efforts “quantitative easing.†As you’ll soon see, a better label is “defrauding the few people who were smart enough to saveâ€. The public will wake up in the final quarter of 2009...

That’s the bad news. Here’s the good...

Some of the country’s canniest market insiders are not panicking: they’re preparing.

I’ll show you – in detail – four simple protection moves you can put in place now to shield your wealth from what’s about to happen.

And it doesn’t end there.

I’m also going to give you TWO ways you could make a great deal of money in the next two years, even as the economy goes from bad to worse.

One is a ‘mania’ speculation that could return 545% within two years.

The second, we’re calling the single most promising trade of the next five years. It’s going to catch investors completely unawares. And there is a 936% potential gain on the table for you if it pays off.

Click here for all the crucial details.

Regards,

Toby Bray,

Publisher, MoneyWeek and Money Morning

PS: YOU MUST ACT QUICKLY - 2009 could still be the most disastrous or the most profitable year of your life. It all depends on the choices you make NOW. Click here for more details.

Err the guy sounds like a nutter

Of the type: "You too can earns thousands every week working from home"

Send them twenty quid and you'll find you "earn" it by convincing people to send you twenty quid...

:rolleyes:

This quote is very interesting:

Property was a good place to be if you had a mortgage. This might fly in the face of what we’ve said previously about the weak UK property market. What you need to realise is that we’re saying property may halve within 12 months. The worst of the inflation storm will come after that.

In Germany, inflation pretty much wiped out everyone’s mortgage debt. But don’t get too carried away here...

After the German economy’s recovery, heavy new taxes and the urgent need for cash forced most holders to remortgage their property, often more heavily than originally. In other words, their gains were an illusion. Many Germans were forced into selling property to raise cash. Rents were frozen by the Government, so landlords lost their income virtually overnight.

The same would happen here. There is no way any UK government would let the population escape from slavery so easily. However, I suspect that due to the much higher number of owner occupiers in this country, any move to tax mortgage wipeout would result in riots.

I can understand the reaction but Moneyweek is a serious and respected publication. As indicated I'm surprised at the uber bearish tone but can't believe they would undermine their reputation by making predictions they know to be spurious, otherwise why would anyone continue to heed a word they say?

Britain’s best-selling financial magazine ‘breaks rank’ to give you this urgent warning...

Best selling financial magazine? That's a laugh. It has a circulation of around 38,000, compared to 1.3 million for The Economist.

The fact they're sending out scaremongering e-mails like this one asking for money, shows how desperate they have become. I'd mark it as spam if I were you.

Best selling financial magazine? That's a laugh. It has a circulation of around 38,000, compared to 1.3 million for The Economist.

The fact they're sending out scaremongering e-mails like this one asking for money, shows how desperate they have become. I'd mark it as spam if I were you.

I'd agree, in my view they sit somewhere between "fool" and the "national enquirer " in terms of journo quality... "fool" rehashes pretty well and has the odd original insight... the national enquirer is the best in the business at making up the sensation.

Well it is spam and they want to sell subscriptions.

They have been sending these out for some years now. I remember repeatedly getting one telling me what 5 investments to dump immediately (including UK property and China stocks) a couple of years back and they were dead right.

Moneyweek is irritatingly contradictory and because it is quite shallow it relies on people remembering the bit they want to remember. For example their advice varies on buying stocks almost on alternate weeks and the recommendations are so peppered with "could" and "might" as to let them off the hook when they are wrong.

Because the recommendations they give are so inconsistent they can always look back and find an example of where their recommendation was correct.

http://www.espc.co.uk/Buying/276507.html

:lol::lol::lol: Does anyone still doubt they WONT fall 50%? That`s the easy bit, but when they start going on about avoiding wipeout by listening to their "insider" I just switch off. If they have knowledge that the average man and woman is going to get burned they should just go public with it for free? do the decent thing? The average man and woman is a debt junkie, the people getting burned will be Gordon brown and the banks when people just stop playing the game.

Here's the text of an e-mail message received from Toby Bray of Moneyweek. Predicts a 50% fall within a year-all very dramatic I thought! Can they really justify being this bearish-only time will tell! The link to the full report is:

When was this written? Scroll down as far as the bit about Bradford and Bingley :blink:

"Property was a good place to be if you had a mortgage"

How can you have a mortgage and NOT have property?

Infinite negative equity? A perpetual motion machine in reverse .....

I can understand the reaction but Moneyweek is a serious and respected publication. As indicated I'm surprised at the uber bearish tone but can't believe they would undermine their reputation by making predictions they know to be spurious, otherwise why would anyone continue to heed a word they say?

I think they are part of Bill Bonner's stable of publications. I'd take heed.

They have been sending these out for some years now. I remember repeatedly getting one telling me what 5 investments to dump immediately (including UK property and China stocks) a couple of years back and they were dead right.

Moneyweek is irritatingly contradictory and because it is quite shallow it relies on people remembering the bit they want to remember. For example their advice varies on buying stocks almost on alternate weeks and the recommendations are so peppered with "could" and "might" as to let them off the hook when they are wrong.

Because the recommendations they give are so inconsistent they can always look back and find an example of where their recommendation was correct.

+1

You have to be aware that some articles are written in an objective way - one hopes - whilst others are written by financial boys in the City telling you what they would buy now - yeah!

Have to admit that I have been disappointed in the last 3 months of MW to the point where I have considered stopping my subscription.

It is worth it though for the rare articles by James Fergusson and John Stepak seems to have a balanced idea about things.

Not convinced by their gold ramping articles though and it is inflation one article and deflation the next seemingly.

Anyhow, fun to read a prediction for UK house prices which is too bearish even for HPC! LOL! :lol: Wouldn't it be lovely if it turned out correct though?

Isn't this the one Meryn Somerset-Webb (sp?) edits?

Agree with you about it being contradictory, I used to get sent it free a few years ago, but it usually got filed in the bin

But try reading the Investors Chronicle, they are all contradictory, usually in the same issue :unsure:

From the link

There are five rock-solid reasons why we think residential property will halve between now and July 29, 2009:

Wow!! Now that's bearish.

Edited by Mark Uttley

Guest KingCharles1st

I'm firmly of the camp that money is going to flood away from housing faster than a dam breaking- Gordon and his cronies have taken the lot- there's nothing left to prop it up

50% drop in one year is NOT going to happen.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

That article is no better than the retarded drivel the Daily Express puts on it's front pages from time to time, it's just bearish instead of bullish.

Edited by DementedTuna

Although I'm not in the "I'll soon be able to buy a house for the price of a can of coke" squad, explain yourself. Anything is possible.

Guest KingCharles1st

That article is no better than the retarded drivel the Daily Express puts on it's front pages from time to time, it's just bearish instead of bullish.

As Minos says, anything IS possible.

Let's factor in the slow leaking of bad news- starts with articles like this- then the bigger magazines, and then the press, typical Labour "toe dipping."

Now lets think about the last desperate acts of Gordon Brown, eager to try anything and everything that will make him into "The Man Who Saved The World."

As i've been saying, there is a BIG RESET required- how I haven't a clue.

The only scenario that would lead to a -50% YoY drop is a major collapse in our monetary system, government, and society. I don't see that happening.. we'll be taxed to buggery over the next 10 years and the falls will be slow, grindy and bloody annoying. It's not going to be good, for anyone. Even the people buying cheap property are going to be feeling a lot poorer in other ways, there aren't going to be very many winners. Most of us will simply lose out to varying degrees.

-30% YoY is about as far as I'd go before getting into TFH territory.

I guess I shouldn't rule out a deadly swine flu strain or something, but that's unpredictable.

Basing an economic article on nothing more than the chance of everything going to hell in a vague and undefined manner does not make it credible. It might as well read something like this:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society...s-200905281788/

On reflection, I guess I don't take issue with the article in general, just the sensationalist figures that the writer quite clearly pulled out of his 4rse.

Edited by DementedTuna