House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

punter

People Complaining About Forums

The stockbroker who leapt 80ft to his death feared he would lose his job after playing a prank at work, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Posing as one of his clients, Oxford graduate Anjool 'Jools' Malde left a silly message on a financial website. It read: 'I am hot, I am hot.'

Investigators think this was probably a reference to his client being on a successful investment run.

Mr Malde's client, who works for Brevan Howard, a leading hedge fund management firm, did not see the funny side and made a formal complaint to the company which runs the discussion forum.

The resulting investigation suggested that Mr Malde had impersonated the client from his office computer at Deutsche Bank.

This prompted the bank's bosses to send Mr Malde home on Friday pending a full investigation.

Two days later, as he prepared to celebrate his 25th birthday, Mr Malde jumped from an eighth-floor restaurant near the Bank of England.

Colleagues believe he was convinced he would lose his job.

One added: 'It was a mildly offensive remark which triggered a tragic chain of events.'

Another source said: 'On the face of it, it was a very trivial incident. But in the City, issues which involve potential loss of money or reputation are taken very seriously.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-web-prank.html

-

FFS, why do people complain about what's written on forums? I think there was a case with a civil servant who was sacked recently because of some comments. Even worse, why on earth do administrators and mods give complainers information on posters? are they being intimidated? is it time forums were hosted offshore and complainers and government told to bugger off?

anyone got any views, experiences or stories on this alarming Orwellian trend...

anyone got any views, experiences or stories on this alarming Orwellian trend...

....the issue in both cases was the fact they used their employers computers....most companies in the public and private sectors have IT restriction policies.... if they had used their own personal PCs it would have been unlikely any issue would have arisen unless it was criminal.... <_<

....the issue in both cases was the fact they used their employers computers....most companies in the public and private sectors have IT restriction policies.... if they had used their own personal PCs it would have been unlikely any issue would have arisen unless it was criminal.... <_<

It's probably more a problem that they behaved unprofessionally and brought the company into disrepute. He pretended to be the client???? Weird behaviour.

Anyway, re the topic. I hate people who complain about people complaining about posts in forums.

Perhaps he was in line for a surprise £million bonus?

IF he was an outstanding trader, he was to set the example for all others in the company.

----

Remember, the laws of ethics is slightly different in the trading world as opposed to say a medical practitioner's ethics.

Suicide is always sad but if that was his reaction to anxiety about his job he was liable to make some bad investment decisions in the years ahead IMHO.

Re complaints about forum posts, it is very annoying that considered debate is cluttered up. For example, people who have neither property or capital (judging from their posts) often wade in on such threads on HPC when they would benefit more from reading and absorbing the experiences of others for future reference.

I don't think its on any way controversial though to say the worst thing is thread hijacking by racists and other single issue creeps. God only knows what these nuts are like in the flesh

- Dave's Wife: "Dave, the rabbit's looking peaky...", Dave: "Bloody immigrants".

Guest Barebear
Suicide is always sad but if that was his reaction to anxiety about his job he was liable to make some bad investment decisions in the years ahead IMHO.

Re complaints about forum posts, it is very annoying that considered debate is cluttered up. For example, people who have neither property or capital (judging from their posts) often wade in on such threads on HPC when they would benefit more from reading and absorbing the experiences of others for future reference.

I don't think its on any way controversial though to say the worst thing is thread hijacking by racists and other single issue creeps. God only knows what these nuts are like in the flesh

- Dave's Wife: "Dave, the rabbit's looking peaky...", Dave: "Bloody immigrants".

Dont get that analogy.

Possibly, that's an interesting point what they would have done in that case. What I find more alarming is that people do this in the first place, such as that woman who posted details about her MI6 husband online or young women who post revealing pictures of themselves on Youtube or them puking up on Facebook (lot's of employers are starting to look at Social networking sites now when hiring people).

I'm constantly surprised how otherwise smart people post this kind of thing about themeselves on public forums. There's a veritable ticking time-bomb of salacious FLV's out there of future politicians and CEO's waiting to be used for blackmail purposes. I've not read any story about this issue in any mainstream source.

In fact, I think I've just found a money-spinner: Offlinebook.com A cache where you can go 10 years hence and see if your boss or local MP did something in their youth that if it had been decades before nobody would have ever known about.