House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garry AKA Pod

Psychoville

How on earth has this passed me by until now?

Episode 4/7. Gutted :(

To be honest I saw the first episode and wasn't that fussed. It's like League of Gentlemen trying to out-freak itself.

Monkey Dust on the other hand, now that was a class series.

Edit: Is/was who cares

To be honest I saw the first episode and wasn't that fussed. It's like League of Gentlemen trying to out-freak itself.

Monkey Dust on the other hand, now that was a class series.

Edit: Is/was who cares

I'm still mourning the passing of Monkey Dust,

I'm still mourning the passing of Monkey Dust,

Aye, quality programme, I bought the first series a couple of weeks ago and watched all six episodes back-to-back. Enjoyably disturbing.

Thinking back now, even League of Gentlemen could be hit-and-miss and (like Monty Python) seemed to attract the cult following that rendered it 'funny' as a matter of course. Then again, some of it's one-off sketches were well written - like the caving tour guide sketch and its wonderfully dead-pan delivery:

Michael Buerk did say to me: “Mick, you can’t go on blaming yourself, it wasn’t your fault†but I don’t know. Young kiddie like that, whole life ahead of him. School trip tragedy – local man blamed. Every day the same…parade of blank faces…the constant drip, drip from the cavern roof. The cold indifference of the ancient rock. But you keep going, don’t you? It’s like the moss growing around that light-bulb there…life finds a way.

Classic.

Tonight's epsiode was easily the best in the series so far. Maybe because it was a clear three hander from the LoG team. I started watching it and when I glanced at the clock (as you do) it was 10.30. Totally absorbing stuff.

The other 3 episodes felt a bit contrived and were very complicated so if you go back through iPlayer you may be disappointed Jimbo.

Tonight's epsiode was easily the best in the series so far. Maybe because it was a clear three hander from the LoG team. I started watching it and when I glanced at the clock (as you do) it was 10.30. Totally absorbing stuff.

The other 3 episodes felt a bit contrived and were very complicated so if you go back through iPlayer you may be disappointed Jimbo.

Yeah last nights was excellent but very different to the first three which had plenty of other characters in the mix.

While League of Gentlemen was very well received not sure the cast were given the credit, they are fantastic actors.

It must be the first time I have heard "Superman" by Black Lace since school disco's in the 80's. That alone had my in fits of laughter. What had me in even more hysterics, was that I remembered most of they lyrics and gestures.

:lol: