House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pilchardthecat

Lloy

Might be a bit outdated, but been watching/reading up on lloyd's, as a kinda passing interest for the last while (no money involved)

Personally I think it be either very soon or a long time away (helpful ain't I). Reason for this is that lloyds seems to be stuck in a narrow horizontal trend which for me either implies:

1) investors know/think they know the value of the company very well

2) nobody has a bloody clue and they're divided about where it's going (me thinks this one)

on a technical level i think this means it will either bounce between 64 & 69 (very short wait) or it may break through resistance (62ish, which is what I think will happen sooner or later). If that's the case and you're in, get out, cause I think it'll go antarctic south .

Personally when it comes to lloyds, rbs and bank ire, I think the shit has alreadY hit the fan, but the fan's nowhere near top speed. Once the next fall in house prices occurs and the fan speeds up, there's gonna be a lot of shareholders covered in their fragrant aroma, so I wouldn't touch them.

As I said above I've no financial interest in them (currently) so DYOR etc. etc. and if I'm wrong it doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

Edited by Daenad

Hi all,

I flogged my minor holding in Lloyds on Tuesday.

No greater reason than I thought a 14-15% profit is better than nothing and that all good things (like this latest run of consecutive rises for the FTSE) must come to an end.

My technical analysis essentially equates to gut feeling. :unsure:

Q

well done

I'm positive that I will be proven wrong as I was with Anglo shares (I sold at 1440 and they are sitting near 1900 now :( ). However, I still made 7% or so with those and compared to the paltry rates that my savings account offers I'm more than happy.

Q

You'll never get it spot on. Lloy have shot up by 4.9% today on the back of the us housing data.

I'm trying to run my winners. It's difficult not to take profits. And you will never be right.

Damn - I sold at 74 - now at 76.3 :lol:

I guess I would rather have a realised gain today than a paper loss tomorrow? I don't think I'd have the nerve for heavy trading!

Q

Edited by Quoth

Was kinda wrong on the direction of the break, but I have to admit I'm still bear on financial stocks. As although some of the banks are making nice profits recently, it's on the back of special circumstances (v low interest rates). Should this change, I have a feeling quite a few homeowners etc will default, hurting profits and UK plc doesn't have the funds for another bailout.

ps nice to hear about you getting a profit.

Or this morning for that matter... :(

Hey ho.

Q

Yebbut you probably got a better price than mine will be in [insert number of days/weeks here]. Unless I have the strength of character to sell at current prices. :ph34r:

Broke 90p this morning...

*cough*

Q

kind of weed on the chips of those who had the psych that it would fall this morning. Up 45% today :lol:

Dammit, forgot to sell :wacko: What will I do with my LLOY shares now?

Roll around in the filthy lucre when you do sell? ;)

Q

Roll around in the filthy lucre when you do sell? ;)

Q

OK, sold today at 104. Capital gains in four figures in less than a year since I first bought LLOY for the dividend!

Will be looking to re-buy again medium term at something in the 80p ballpark. If it doesn't go back down there, then so be it.

OK, sold today at 104. Capital gains in four figures in less than a year since I first bought LLOY for the dividend!

Will be looking to re-buy again medium term at something in the 80p ballpark. If it doesn't go back down there, then so be it.

Well done that even-toed ungulate!

Good result.

Q

Looking at today's price you timed it rather well!

Q