House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny Deflation

David Cameron Stands By His Phone-tapping Man

Seems likely that Andy Coulson (former p1ss-poor showbiz columnist and News of the Screws editor) will have to answer questions posed by the police about the alledged phone tapping of politicians and celebrities.

Andy Coulson is presently one of Call Me Dave's closest aides and advisors.

And with mammoth question marks still hanging over George "cocaine" Osborne's expenses claims, maybe victory at next year's election isn't quite as sealed as the Tories would have hoped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8142047.stm

Seems likely that Andy Coulson (former p1ss-poor showbiz columnist and News of the Screws editor) will have to answer questions posed by the police about the alledged phone tapping of politicians and celebrities.

Andy Coulson is presently one of Call Me Dave's closest aides and advisors.

And with mammoth question marks still hanging over George "cocaine" Osborne's expenses claims, maybe victory at next year's election isn't quite as sealed as the Tories would have hoped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8142047.stm

Now,now...knocking the Eton Elite isn't going to go down well on here.

2 things have made me realise the Tories aren't the answer recently.

The "report" that suggests they are happy for either Microsoft or Google to look after our medical records. I honestly thought that was an April 1st wind-up, and to be honest I hope it still us. (Even though the current solution is barely much better)

Then crap like this. David Cameron seems to be doing his best to loose the next election. Perhaps that is his plan.

Then crap like this. David Cameron seems to be doing his best to loose the next election. Perhaps that is his plan.

You know, I kind of want the Tories to be electable. I would love to see a prudent, centre-right, libertarian opposition, a party that promised opportunity and reward in return for hard work.

But in David Cameron I just see another Blair. I feel that Cameron will turn out to be a disappointment - the cracks are already showing. It is a shame William Hague was not now the leader of the opposition, as I feel he would have made a better prime minister.

I also do not feel the next election is as clean cut as one would hope. I fear Labour winning with a small majority or a hung parliament. I fear that the moment there is a false recovery and a whiff of optimism in the next 12 months, Labour will call an election and hang on by the skin of their teeth.

You know, I kind of want the Tories to be electable. I would love to see a prudent, centre-right, libertarian opposition, a party that promised opportunity and reward in return for hard work.

But in David Cameron I just see another Blair. I feel that Cameron will turn out to be a disappointment - the cracks are already showing. It is a shame William Hague was not now the leader of the opposition, as I feel he would have made a better prime minister.

I also do not feel the next election is as clean cut as one would hope. I fear Labour winning with a small majority or a hung parliament. I fear that the moment there is a false recovery and a whiff of optimism in the next 12 months, Labour will call an election and hang on by the skin of their teeth.

Hague isn't the answer.I know where you are coming from but look at the evidence.He has already had one shot and been comprehensively beaten.Then there is the old footage of him throwing himself at Thatcher's feet at the party conference,it's just too tempting,too damaging.I like Alan Clark,but in many ways he wasn't a serious politician he just appealed in a P.G.Wodehouse sort of way.

Dave showed himself up yesterday when the press doorstepped him.He lost it when they asked him about the crook he was employing and stomped off like a three year old refused a lolly.I still can't see him winning.

Labour will call an election and hang on by the skin of their teeth.
Dave showed himself up yesterday when the press doorstepped him.He lost it when they asked him about the crook he was employing and stomped off like a three year old refused a lolly.I still can't see him winning.

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal?action...n=go_cantor_fof

Why don't both of you put 2 months salary on it. Your not have to work for a year when your proved right. Better yet put all your savings for a house on it. Your be in a mansion in under a year.

Good Luck.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest joeschmo
Hague isn't the answer.I know where you are coming from but look at the evidence.He has already had one shot and been comprehensively beaten.Then there is the old footage of him throwing himself at Thatcher's feet at the party conference,it's just too tempting,too damaging.I like Alan Clark,but in many ways he wasn't a serious politician he just appealed in a P.G.Wodehouse sort of way.

I agree. With the economic turnaround being predicted for next year and a new charismatic Leader just before the election, I think that Labour will probably secure another term ;)

I agree. With the economic turnaround being predicted for next year and a new charismatic Leader just before the election, I think that Labour will probably secure another term ;)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!! Funniest thing I've read all year.

I would not go so far as to predict another term.However depriving Dave of a working majority would be sensational enough and certainly sufficient to leave him dead in the clear blue water.It's not easy for the Tories to win,not just a matter of overturning a Labour majority but outweighing those 60+ LD's too.Still a big ask IMHO.

Dave showed himself up yesterday when the press doorstepped him.

Yes. And, he seems to have been rushed into stating that Coulson deserved a 'second chance'! A Second Chance after doing what? We thought he was completely innocent, so how come 'second chance' comes into it?

David Cameron should be sounder under fire. He's slipped up, big time, with that suggestive phrase.

Guest joeschmo
Yes. And, he seems to have been rushed into stating that Coulson deserved a 'second chance'! A Second Chance after doing what? We thought he was completely innocent, so how come 'second chance' comes into it?

David Cameron should be sounder under fire. He's slipped up, big time, with that suggestive phrase.

Coulson will be gone within a month I reacon

Coulson will be gone within a month I reacon

A month's a month too long. We need to see David Cameron's usual decisiveness - he should go, yesterday.