House Price Crash Forum

Bank Of England Unexpectedly Decide Not To Use The Last £25bn Of Qe Or Extend Qe

HOLA441
HOLA442
There was no announcement of any extension to the present £125bn of asset purchases by the BoE under its quantitative easing programme by the MPC today.

I for one am very surprised.

edit: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publication...ws/2009/059.htm

Edited by Timm

HOLA443

The Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee today voted to maintain the official Bank Rate paid on commercial bank reserves at 0.5%. The Committee also voted to continue with its programme of asset purchases totalling £125 billion financed by the issuance of central bank reserves.

The Committee expects that the announced programme will take another month to complete. The Committee will review the scale of the programme again at its August meeting, alongside its latest inflation projections.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Ooh... Hamish won't be happy over on MSE.

He was mouthing off the other day that the BoE should chuck HALF A TRILLION :blink::blink: at the economy to get things back to 'normal.

Poor wee thing...

HOLA447
HOLA448
sounds like a bluff to me. make things seem better than it really is.

i agree but how much longer have the prudent savers got to pay for bailing out these idiot borrowers with these ridiculously low interest rates, haven't savers and pensioners done their part

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411