House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide's "real" House Price Index Recorded An Increase Of 1.6pc In June

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Yeah I'd seen this.... I don't think it makes the case for the bulls though as these figures are so unreliable either way.

true

it does make a case for Boulger being a total *rse tho imho. awfully unbalanced desperate storytelling

HOLA444
HOLA445
I don't blame Boulger... thats his job after all, he's actually paid to ramp... its the telegraphs job (supposedly ) to put some balance to it.

it IS an opinion piece, but I would agree it's up to the DT to provide balance in other articles, which I think they do

and Ray chose his job and accepted the promotion, so I still don't like him (admit I'm prejudiced - never liked 'im!?)

rgds

HOLA446
HOLA447
As we have said before, no-one remembers Boulger writing in the paper that seasonal adjustment prevented falls from looking far worse.

Exactly. What Boulger said is I'm sure quite true... except that he never applied the same logic when the adjustment went in his favour.

HOLA448

Hello everyone,

I have asked this questions several time and never got a straight answer. Si1 could you please tell me how these indexes (indices) are calculated?

- Price of property sale completed during the month?

- Price of offer accepted during the month?

- Asking price for new properties put on the market during this month (I have a great feeling that is it not this one)

Thank you in advance for your response.

Maya

HOLA449
HOLA4410
As we have said before, no-one remembers Boulger writing in the paper that seasonal adjustment prevented falls from looking far worse.

He was curiously silent on the matter in December when he could have pointed out that property actually fell by 3.4% instead of the seasonally adjusted 2.5%. The headlines were not screaming "£5,394 WIPED OFF THE VALUE OFF THE AVERAGE HOUSE IN ONE MONTH", which is what the Nationwide figures actually showed.

Anything that the man says or writes in public should carry a VI health warning.

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA4411

This is odd as it was reported (here) yesterday that the Halifax figure has been SA'd upwards for June, yet the N'wide figure is SA'd down???

I would have thought that the SA factor should be consistent between the 2 indicies. Which one of them is wrong?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
This is odd as it was reported (here) yesterday that the Halifax figure has been SA'd upwards for June, yet the N'wide figure is SA'd down???

I would have thought that the SA factor should be consistent between the 2 indicies. Which one of them is wrong?

WHich of them is state owned? :ph34r:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416