House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Uk Weapons Inspector Who Was Found Dead Was Writing Expose

UK weapons inspector who was found dead was writing expose

British weapons inspector Dr. David Kelly was writing an expose about his work with anthrax and his warnings that Iraq possessed no weapons of mass destruction at the time of his death in July 2003, according to a report published in a British newspaper.

Kelly’s death — said to have been a suicide — has stirred controversy, as it came on the heels of testimony to the House of Commons about a memo which purported that Britain had “sexed up†a dossier on Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction. A Parliamentary inquiry ruled that the death had been suicide, though it also included testimony from a former British ambassador who quotes Kelly as having said, “I will probably be found dead in the woods†if Iraq were invaded.

The new report says Kelly had spoken with an Oxford publisher several times about a book.

“He had several discussions with a publisher in Oxford and was seeking advice on how far he could go without breaking the law on secrets,†the UK Daily Express alleged.

Kelly’s computers were seized in the wake of his death. He was a signatory to Britain’s Official Secrets Act, which allows for the prosecution of those who talk to the press about state secrets and prescribes a more stringent framework for secrecy than in the United States.

According to the paper, “he was intending to reveal that he warned Prime Minister Tony Blair there were no weapons of mass destruction anywhere in Iraq weeks before the ­British and American invasion… and was also intending to lift the lid on a potentially bigger scandal, his own secret dealings in germ warfare with the apartheid regime in South Africa.â€

The allegations of a potential Kelly expose come from a new film about biological weapons being debuted in London on the sixth anniversary of Kelly’s death titled “Anthrax War†(the documentary aired earlier this year on Canadian public television). Kelly was an expert in biological warfare agents, as well as a former United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq.

‘Anthrax War’

‘‘The deeper you look into the murky world of governments and germ warfare, the more worrying it becomes,†the film’s director, Bob Coen, is quoted as saying. “We have proved there is a black ­market in anthrax. David Kelly was of particular interest to us because he was a world expert on anthrax and he was involved in some degree with assisting the secret germ warfare program in apartheid South Africa.â€

According to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s summary of the film, Coen “was raised in Zimbabwe where the former white regime has been accused of unleashing anthrax against the black population… [who] embarks on a journey that raises troubling questions about the FBI’s investigation of the 21st century’s first act of biological terrorism.

“Coen’s investigation takes him from the U.S. to the U.K. and from the edge of Siberia to the tip of Africa. In a rare interview, Coen confronts ‘Doctor Death’ Wouter Basson, who headed Project Coast, the South African apartheid-era bio-warfare program,†the network’s website adds. “Project Coast used germ warfare against select targets within the country’s black population.

“Anthrax War also investigates the mysterious deaths of some of the world’s leading anthrax scientists, including Dr. David Kelly, the UK’s top military microbiologist, the Soviet defector Dr. Vladimir Pasechnik, and Dr. Bruce Ivins,†the CBC continues. “The FBI claims - despite the doubts of highly ranked U.S. officials - that Ivins was the only person behind the U.S. anthrax murders.â€

Yes, this is what happened when you crossed Blair/Bush.

What happens to the lone voice in the wilderness who dares cross Obama/Brown?

Will the 'dodgy dossier' come back to bite Brown in the bum?

Well they've murdered a million+ people in the middle east, whats one or 2 more here? Perhaps a few dozen or thousand even in strategic moves to boost public enthusiasm for the slaughter abroad? Would not be the first time. In fact it is par for the course.

The murder of Dr David Kelly by Nu Labour will one day be exposed as one of the biggest cover ups in history.

I don't go in for tinfoil conspiracy theories, but in this case you're spot on.

Well they've murdered a million+ people in the middle east, whats one or 2 more here? Perhaps a few dozen or thousand even in strategic moves to boost public enthusiasm for the slaughter abroad? Would not be the first time. In fact it is par for the course.

Funny you should say that, ask any American how many have died in the invasion of Iraq and they will give you a figure of 3000 odd. Never are any other countries soldiers included and never ever any 'rag heads'.

I don't go in for tinfoil conspiracy theories, but in this case you're spot on.

I agree.

He was dumb though. I'd have been shouting from the media rooftops that I was terrified of being wiped out by MI6, going on TV, giving interviews to the press(especially foreign press), saying I'd never commit suicide etc etc. They'd have trumped up some reason to jail him, but he'd have got out in a few years and would still see his grandchildren grow up.

If they knocked him off I don't understand how they made such a shody job of making it look like suicide. Surely a car crash would have been more convincing?

Guest UK Debt Slave

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing the replite Bliar in an orange jumpsuit with his wrists and ankles manacled, the horrible fekkn bas*ard

I could believe it, but if the following is correct "David Kelly was of particular interest to us because he was a world expert on anthrax and he was involved in some degree with assisting the secret germ warfare program in apartheid South Africa" then he should have got his one way ticket a while ago!

Believe me, the one thing the PBI (poor bloody infantry) hate and fear is chemical/biological weapons.

Also, if it is true then he is morally as low as a snakes fore skin, and I'd have trouble believing a word he said. Maybe he just couldn't live with what he'd done?

Funny you should say that, ask any American how many have died in the invasion of Iraq and they will give you a figure of 3000 odd. Never are any other countries soldiers included and never ever any 'rag heads'.

Very true. Every time another UK soldier dies in Afghanistan they say how the death toll is now 176 etc. Then show you pictures of fighting where to me it looks like our soldiers are firing pretty indiscriminately into a village. A village which they will know is not clear of civilians. They don't even bother counting the dead women and children let alone give us any number. They just clear themselves of responsibility by saying the taliban are using human shields. Well i guess they could say that everywhere as the country we've invaded is full of people who have nowhere else to go.

I regret anyone being killed and i consider the UK dead as being murdered by our lying politicians, but i have a hard time raising sympathy when i consider how much civilian blood is on these soldiers hands and the fact that no matter anything else at the end of the day they have chosen to be there and are as able to see through the lies as anyone else. No one has been able to conquer Afghanistan, every extra civilian killed will recruit a family into the resistance so it'll only become less likely over time. We have no right or reason to be there it is pure bloody politics.

The murder of Dr David Kelly by Nu Labour will one day be exposed as one of the biggest cover ups in history.

+1

I hope that that day will be soon so that we can watch the B-Liar Trial on tv and watch him squirm as his lies engulf him.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing the replite Bliar in an orange jumpsuit with his wrists and ankles manacled, the horrible fekkn bas*ard

+1

But not nearly bad enough for him!

Guest UK Debt Slave
+1

I hope that that day will be soon so that we can watch the B-Liar Trial on tv and watch him squirm as his lies engulf him.

+1

But not nearly bad enough for him!

Oh don't worry mate. The Public humiliation wouldn't even begin the pain I'd meet out on the fekker.

When I worked for the NHS I came into work one morning with my wrist all bandaged up (I'd burned myself on an iron - nver did any more ironing after that, put me right off) Anyway, the A&E nurse laughed at me and joked ''how many times do I have to tell people not to try and kill themselves by cutting their wrists, it never works, just makes a mess" She should know, she'd seen thousands of gory cases through her career. She went on to say that you can't kill yourself like that, the only way to do it is to cut really deep from inner elbow to wrist, lengthways, not across. That leads me to believe Dr Kelly didn't kill himself as his one wrist injury was not sufficient. As we know, there was little blood and no fingerprints on the knife, although Dr K wasn't wearing gloves. In any case, if you are going to kill yourself in a wood, surely the obvious way to do it is to hang yourself from a tree?

I've no idea who did it or why, but's its pretty blooming obvious it wasn't suicide.

I've no idea who did it or why, but's its pretty blooming obvious it wasn't suicide.

They could have told this population it was a whittling accident and no one would have muttered under their breath any louder. :angry:

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA
They could have told this population it was a whittling accident and no one would have muttered under their breath any louder. :angry:

Well that might be a lot closer to the truth than you might think.

When I was little I remember my dad going to the shed to do whittling and mum saying one day she would cut the thing off as apparently the whittling was spoiling their sex life. I didn't understand it at the time of course but now as you mention it maybe Mrs Kelly was also sick of him disappearing to have a good 'whittle' in the woods'.

Seriously though didn't he take a load of pain killers as well as cut his wrist ?

Including you mr keyboard warrior.