House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markinspain

For Those Who Follow Karl Denninger....

I did see them. I think maybe he gives good trading advice on his daily technical analysis, (for which you have to pay) but he never thought the 'Haynes bottom' was the low on the S&P, and still doesn't, so a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and you could have been killed by this rally, bear market rally or start of the new secular bull market.

He has done quite well in previous years, but is hampered by his politics in his inability to foresee the extent of government involvement. And he tends to rant at the extent of government involvement, which he sees in varying degrees from mistaken to fraudulent. But always well reasoned, passionate and interesting.

Seems pretty good so far probably add in 22 now

Yep. Looking good so far.

Edited by MOP

Karls is a voice worth listening to.

Every ticker he writes makes sense to me.

And he is going to be one of the few who can hold his head up and shout "told you so".

I did see them. I think maybe he gives good trading advice on his daily technical analysis, (for which you have to pay) but he never thought the 'Haynes bottom' was the low on the S&P, and still doesn't, so a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and you could have been killed by this rally, bear market rally or start of the new secular bull market.

He has done quite well in previous years, but is hampered by his politics in his inability to foresee the extent of government involvement. And he tends to rant at the extent of government involvement, which he sees in varying degrees from mistaken to fraudulent. But always well reasoned, passionate and interesting.

To be fair, he has warned of the bear market rally, quite specifically.

The rants at intervention are valid, but he does seem to be banging his head against the wall.

Denninger believes in the maths, he knows overvaluation when he sees it.

I would urge all to bookmark The Market Ticker and read it daily.

Karls is a voice worth listening to.

Every ticker he writes makes sense to me.

And he is going to be one of the few who can hold his head up and shout "told you so".

Agreed. Unfortunately there are some people on here that cannot bear to consider the possibility that the markets are rigged.

I would pay not to receive them

Noel, i must admit i do like your occasional not-so-thinly-veiled swipes at KD.

But, in all seriousness why specifically do you have such a downer on him. Is it the hyperbolic erstwhile catalysmic coupled with conspiratorial theme running through the blog , or/and do you just not believe he knows what he's talking about ?

To a layperson it looks like he has some technical knowledge, but over the last year some of the predictions do somewhat desensitize us to apocalypse. It's all a bit anti-climactic, like Daddybear being stuck on no.8 indefinitely.

I'm wondering whether to agree with him you also need to believe in little green men and the moon landing being a hoax.

Noel, i must admit i do like your occasional not-so-thinly-veiled swipes at KD.

But, in all seriousness why specifically do you have such a downer on him. Is it the hyperbolic erstwhile catalysmic coupled with conspiratorial theme running through the blog , or/and do you just not believe he knows what he's talking about ?

To a layperson it looks like he has some technical knowledge, but over the last year some of the predictions do somewhat desensitize us to apocalypse. It's all a bit anti-climactic, like Daddybear being stuck on no.8 indefinitely.

I'm wondering whether to agree with him you also need to believe in little green men and the moon landing being a hoax.

He once made a comment on some credit derivatives that made no sense whatsoever to someone that had been working in the industry for more than 4.5 seconds, so I made the assumption that the rest of what he says is a load of old balls. Including the video on Youtube where he talked about moving averages without doing any proper analysis

He once made a comment on some credit derivatives that made no sense whatsoever to someone that had been working in the industry for more than 4.5 seconds, so I made the assumption that the rest of what he says is a load of old balls. Including the video on Youtube where he talked about moving averages without doing any proper analysis

I would rather listen to this