House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

...........and So It Begins (alex Jones Is Right)

Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “Climate change and CO2 are the world’s biggest issues right now."

Said as if it were a simple fact. Really Quite shocking if you think about it. Whatever side of the debate you are on.

someone should get Gordon an armchair with buttons in the arms, and a cat to stroke. perhaps a monorail in No 10, and a bad tannoy

The first place these 'Green police' should visit is any public run establishment.

A good example would be any council office, running heating, and lighting, cooling and killing a small rain forest each day!

They could check the Local council’s environmental costs, against their overall productivity, which incidentally amounts to the square root of F.A! :angry:

Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “Climate change and CO2 are the world’s biggest issues right now."

Said as if it were a simple fact. Really Quite shocking if you think about it. Whatever side of the debate you are on.

I think in 10 years time, staving off hunger and keeping warm (or cool) will be our biggest issues. As such CO2 emissions will take care of themselves without creating a new Stazi (for which there is no money).

At a time when businesses are struggling....feck em over for more money, create more paperwork for penpushers... blame it on the environment.

kin'ell, the future for our kids looks increasingly Orwellian...

Just what British business needs right now! A whole heap more regulation and bureaucracy. Why are they not delaying this until after the recession? :blink:

Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “My job is the most important in the world right now."

Should we really be so shocked?

The comments are rather strange, it looks like an anti global warming website has pointed all its members at this thread and asked them to comment...

a bit like what happens when people on this site get pointed at a particular article on the singing pig!

These american climate change deniers seem to see this rather irrelevant band of 'bottom police' as a threat to democracy whereas most of us see it for what it is, another tax and a way of creating non-jobs and of killing off what little business remains viable in this country.

Just what British business needs right now! A whole heap more regulation and bureaucracy. Why are they not delaying this until after the recession? :blink:

What recession :lol::lol::lol:

it has never been about global warming its about extracting the cash and expanding the police state.

Example of hypocrisy in its highest form reported on the Big Brother Corporation

Drivers catch green lights 'wave'

The government aims to cut road transport CO2 emissions

Motorists should face fewer red lights following the relaxation of government guidance on the flow of traffic.

Environmental and motoring groups say carbon emissions will be reduced.

Previously the Department for Transport (DfT) had discouraged the systems which reduce fuel use, resulting in less tax being paid to the Treasury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7998182.stm

Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “My job is the most important in the world right now."

Should we really be so shocked?

Will Brown sack him for that?

Quango state - their own management, their own workforce, their own police - what next an army?

Before the green police are allowed into any premises there should be a public inspection of the premises, households and details of the energy use / car use / foreign travel of those inside the quango to ascertain quite how much of a carbon footprint they portray on the world.

If it anything like the main state they will be very much against this idea and resist every effort to be beholden to their own legislation.

I think in 10 years time, staving off hunger and keeping warm (or cool) will be our biggest issues. As such CO2 emissions will take care of themselves without creating a new Stazi (for which there is no money).

The affording to keep warm contest starts this winter for many :(

Maybe keeping warm should be outlawed.

It is after all, purely self indulgent to turn on central heating.

A little suffering is character building & thus good for the nation as well as the soul.

Is anyone else sick of threads entitled portentously "and so it begins"?

The first time or two it was good, now every other day there's another thread with this title and when you read it, you find it relates to some totally obscure and completely rubbish minor event or story.

Guest anorthosite

It might be too late in 40 years :blink:

Guest anorthosite

The first time or two it was good, now every other day there's another thread with this title and when you read it, you find it relates to some totally obscure and completely rubbish minor event or story.

Ironically enough, lots of posters here have been complaining about this stuff for years ;)

Ironically enough, lots of posters here have been complaining about this stuff for years ;)

It was maybe justified for the first big bank to have to seek government aid.

Or when the BoE started "QE".

But not for every little story!

What next?

And So It Begins: Sales of M & S ready meals dive by 30%!

"Needles & pins" ?

"Decked out in green jackets, the enforcers will be able to demand access to company property, view power meters, call up electricity and gas bills and examine carbon-trading records for an estimated 6,000 British businesses. Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “Climate change and CO2 are the world’s biggest issues right now. The Carbon Reduction Commitment is one of the ways in which Britain is responding.†"

The fall in production and demand has already slowed carbon emissions faster than anything else. People are even driving fewer miles in the USA and UK which is a major contributer to carbon emissions, less durable goods being produced or transported, exports and imports falling in volume.

July 7, 2009

As the world tumbled into recession last year, as the lights dimmed in factories and airlines skulked in hangars, the fuel consumed by the developing world for the first time exceeded that of richer countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). According to BP’s Statistical Review of World Energy, energy demand in China rose by more than 7 per cent last year, while in the US it fell by almost 3 per cent.

The temperature in China’s blast furnace dipped slightly but is now restored. Tony Hayward, BP’s chief executive, tells a simple tale that explains the dilemma: as a young executive in Beijing he employed a driver who lived in a traditional house heated by a stove. Years later the man is still employed by BP in the same job, but now lives in an air-conditioned tower block with a car, a scooter, a giant refrigerator and flat-screen TVs in every room.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle6652656.ece

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/busin.../105883.aspx#19

Participants must collate in an evidence pack all records and evidence on which their reported data is based – and keep this information up to date. If your organisation is selected for an audit to assess compliance with the CRC, you will need to show your evidence pack to the administrator.

Records must be collected across all subsidiaries and, where required, for all sites. To help you organise your data effectively the administrator will produce detailed guidance and templates, should you wish to use them.

The pack should incorporate:

* structural records that define the scope of your organisation, the type(s) of sites within your organisation, (important for non-metered supplies such as street lighting) and the types of energy you use.

* data records showing your energy consumption – copies of monthly invoices or statements from suppliers for each energy source, e.g. electricity, gas, and fuel oil. Where HHM or Automated Meter Reading (AMR) electricity meters are not available, utility company meter readings should be the principal source of data. If “own meters†are used instead of utilities, verifiable records of such readings should be included.

* special event records covering any unusual events e.g. meter breakdown, change of energy supplier.

* data for Early Action and Growth metrics (see an explanation of the metrics).

* records to support exemptions and energy credits.

Participants must ensure that the evidence pack is kept up to date, adding relevant records each year.

* Evidence from 2010/11 must be kept for the full duration for the scheme, as this provides the emissions data on which each participant’s proportion of the revenue recycling is based.

* Records from other years must be kept for five years after the end of the phase to which they relate.

A director or equivalent within a CRC participant organisation will be required to take responsibility for the evidence pack. If you do not maintain a complete evidence pack, you may be served with an enforcement notice; failure to comply with that notice may incur a civil penalty. Refer to the consultation for further details.

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/cons...ns/crc/crc.aspx

PART 1

Prescribed charges

General

1. The administrator may require the payment of charges—

(a) up to the amount, for each participant or third party, indicated in this Part; and

(B) (i) by the deadline indicated in this Part of this Schedule; or

(ii) by any later deadline specified in the charging notice.

Registration etc

2. The administrator may impose a charge of £950, in respect of the following—

(a) the cost incurred in the process of registration of participants; and

(B) the cost incurred in establishing the relevant facilities on the Registry, including a

compliance account, for use by the participant.

3. The administrator may require the charge imposed under paragraph 2 to be paid prior to the

establishment of a compliance account for the relevant participant.

Participants’ subsistence

4. The administrator may impose a charge of £1,300, in respect of its annual costs in operating

the scheme, including the exercise of its functions under Part 6 of this Order.

5. The administrator may require the charge imposed under paragraph 4 to be paid by the first

working day of the relevant scheme year, and may require payment of that charge as a condition

for the relevant participant’s access to its compliance account during that year.

Opening of accounts

6. The administrator may impose a charge of £285 in respect of the opening of accounts, other

than compliance accounts, under Part 7 of this Order.

7. The administrator may require the charge imposed under paragraph 6 to be paid prior to the

opening of that account.

Subsistence of accounts

8. The administrator may impose an annual charge of £390 in respect of the cost of maintaining

each account to which paragraph 6 applies.

9. The administrator may require the charge imposed under paragraph 8 to be paid prior to the

beginning of a scheme year, as a condition for access to that account during that year.

Identity checks

10. The administrator may, where it considers it necessary to verify the identity of any person

who has, or is to be given, authority to access the Registry for, or on behalf of, a participant or

third party, impose a charge of £200 to cover the cost of the relevant identity check. DRAFT FOR CONSULTATION

11. The administrator may require the charge imposed under paragraph 10 to be paid—

(a) prior to; and

(B) as a condition for undertaking,

the relevant check, and, where the administrator imposes such a charge, article 86(2)(a) is not

deemed to have been satisfied until the relevant person has paid that charge.

I wonder if they will show great reductions in energy usage, because the enforced scheme allows the people

to say how they are aiming to reduce energy which is added to the league table.

[Closed factory, fired workers] Reduction 100% in 2010-2011. Scheme success 100%

Guest KingCharles1st
someone should get Gordon an armchair with buttons in the arms, and a cat to stroke. perhaps a monorail in No 10, and a bad tannoy

You've been reading my tagline-

However that was F.A.F. :lol:

I was genuinely thinking of starting a business in my home town. Nothing fancy, just a retail outlet employing a couple of local people. I've asked a few questions about such things on here.

I wasn't looking to make a pile of cash, just enough to give a job to a couple of individuals and maybe make a small profit.

This pile of fascist crap has made me firmly nail that idea on the head, so that's two people who won't be getting a job.

Nice one Gordo you c unt.

I was genuinely thinking of starting a business in my home town. Nothing fancy, just a retail outlet employing a couple of local people. I've asked a few questions about such things on here.

I wasn't looking to make a pile of cash, just enough to give a job to a couple of individuals and maybe make a small profit.

This pile of fascist crap has made me firmly nail that idea on the head, so that's two people who won't be getting a job.

Nice one Gordo you c unt.

This proposal wouldn't affect you at all. I suspect you know this as well.

Unless you run a very power-hungry business, like an aluminium smelter or something, don't worry.

I am sitting here in my little office/retail shop unit. I will let you know if I receive any communication at all from any "green police" telling me off about, or even investigating, my power useage. I will by frankly AMAZED if I do.

This proposal wouldn't affect you at all. I suspect you know this as well.

Unless you run a very power-hungry business, like an aluminium smelter or something, don't worry.

I am sitting here in my little office/retail shop unit. I will let you know if I receive any communication at all from any "green police" telling me off about, or even investigating, my power useage. I will by frankly AMAZED if I do.

It might not affect me now, but this is how it starts.

Next it will be smaller businesses, then sole traders, and then they'll be in your home.

Think not? I bet you never thought we'd have fines for putting a bit of paper in a bin.