House Price Crash Forum

Now Ryanair Wants Passengers To Stand Up During Flights

Guest theboltonfury

HOLA441
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
You're spot on. That sort of mass transportation is below my station.

That is why I can't understand the animosity towards RA. There are always better alternatives if you don't like what they offer.

HOLA443
HOLA444
In the developed world, cheap options that risk safety are usually outlawed.

Like low quality food, or old cars? Flying is pretty safe, I think the proposal was to have some kind of bench with strap, that would do the same job as a seat in terms of fastening for take off and landing.

HOLA445

Why do Ryanair print all this crop?

Oh, yes, so people talk about them and remember who they are... it worked again...

We're not going to be carrying luggage to planes any time soon as they'd have to check it the same way as hand luggage, which would piss off people who couldn't carry things like contact lense fluid by plane at all and cost more in security fees than they saved in person-that-humphs-bags-to-the-plane fees.

HOLA446
That is why I can't understand the animosity towards RA. There are always better alternatives if you don't like what they offer.

Hurrah for RA - they attract undignified ruffians who are prepared to hurry and push past people to get to a better row/sit together - that means they are not on a plane with me.

People really should be weighed along with their baggage. It would be easy it install weighing plates at baggage check in and could be dealt with discretely - the other passengers have to stand behind the line after all.

Let's be honest the extra fuel needed to haul fatties into the sky is just one way they are less green than the skinny.

HOLA447
Hurrah for RA - they attract undignified ruffians who are prepared to hurry and push past people to get to a better row/sit together - that means they are not on a plane with me.

People really should be weighed along with their baggage. It would be easy it install weighing plates at baggage check in and could be dealt with discretely - the other passengers have to stand behind the line after all.

Let's be honest the extra fuel needed to haul fatties into the sky is just one way they are less green than the skinny.

I've never flown with RA but it does sound pretty bad. Sounds like it doesn't bring out the best in people.

HOLA448
Obvious innit? You squat onna stool 'cos you can't afford their charges to visit the loo.

IGMC.

How about outside toilets? Room for more passengers inside the cabin.He hasn't dreamt that one up yet has he?

Or why not fly strapped onto the wing in "flight of the phoenix" style?

Or bring your own supply of aviation fuel? Save him on fuel costs.

I claim first dibs on all of them!

HOLA449

it aint ever gonna happen, for a start what happens in an emergency, when a brace position has to be adopted or an emergency landing. The CAA will drop dead before this scheme gets introduced.

Besides if they introduce a 50% more capacity, just where exactly are the seated going to get up and walk around in and the baggage capability will drop, less luggage allowed.

This is all one big free publicity stunt again done by Ryan and the media gives them free air.

HOLA4410
That is why I can't understand the animosity towards RA.
I've never flown with RA but it does sound pretty bad.

That'll be why you can't understand it. :)

Their staff are also by far the rudest I've come across. The last time I flew Ryanair was flying from Nantes to London. Most of the people on the plane were French and at the boarding gate they had two queues - one for 'priority' boarding, and one for the rest. This chav Ryanair stewardess was just screaming, "You're not priority!" at the confused French travellers who didn't realise she meant that they had to join another queue.

Priority boarding is a stupidity tax in itself because it usually means that you get to stand on the bus to the plane longer than anyone else.

HOLA4411
The only ones they dont charge for are visa electron, and I think you need to have a ccj to have one of them.

The co-op bank or Smile will supply you with an Electron card on request, even if you already have a perfectly good Visa Delta card for the same account. I carry my Visa Delta with me and have the Electron card at home - potentially useful in case of a lost or stolen wallet as well as saving me a chunk on the occasions that I fly Ryan Air. I've saved some smaller fees at other merchants too.

HOLA4412

I flew Ryan Air, once from Blackpool to Girona (Barcelona).

I only took hand luggage and checked in online on the way there. The take off was fine, but the landing was nail biting. When we got to Girona, it was an 1 hour coach trip to Barcelona, via a very dodgy part of town which said "Spanish Out".

On the way back, we endured another coach journey of an hour and because we didnt use the online checking, we were charged £15.

To add insult to injury they weighed the hand luggage and I was 0.5kg over and they charged me another £15. But in order to get a boarding card I had to requeue in another line and pay and then requeue again to get my boarding card.

In all the flight which should of cost £0.02p ending up cost £60 after all the charges. Which I dont mind paying, but its the treatment you receive in the way they get the money out of you. If they just said pay us £100 face value and we wont insult your intelligence they would be more profitable and as a customer you would use them again.

If Ryan Air offered free flights now, even to a destination I was heading for, I would graciously decline.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On Ryan Air, they growl at you, if you dont fasten your seat belt fast enough. Really are lucky you dont get fined.

Play deaf for several minutes then follow up with "I don't lipread Irish". They get confused.

Here's a better idea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...est/8136193.stm

get the passengers to fix planes themselves, maybe also pilot it too, work the trolley etc?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
That'll be why you can't understand it. :)

Their staff are also by far the rudest I've come across. The last time I flew Ryanair was flying from Nantes to London. Most of the people on the plane were French and at the boarding gate they had two queues - one for 'priority' boarding, and one for the rest. This chav Ryanair stewardess was just screaming, "You're not priority!" at the confused French travellers who didn't realise she meant that they had to join another queue.

Priority boarding is a stupidity tax in itself because it usually means that you get to stand on the bus to the plane longer than anyone else.

When there is a bus to the plane....last on the bus first off so much for so-called priority boarding. :lol:

HOLA4418

God, you're all so miserable.

Ryanair is short haul flights only and if they work out cheaper or more convenient with regards to the airport they fly into, why not use them?

Yes, they're complete *****s with their charges, yes they're a bit more uncomfortable than others, but if you don't want to use them, book a flight with BA, AirFrance or some other carrier and stop wining like little children, and I'll keep on using Ryanair where it's convenient for me (and whinge about it to my other half for the duration of the flight).

It's a low cost (sometimes) airline, get a grip.

HOLA4419

Ryanair is short haul flights only and if they work out cheaper or more convenient with regards to the airport they fly into, why not use them?

Yes, they're complete *****s with their charges, yes they're a bit more uncomfortable than others, but if you don't want to use them, book a flight with BA, AirFrance or some other carrier and stop wining like little children, and I'll keep on using Ryanair where it's convenient for me (and whinge about it to my other half for the duration of the flight).

Dear Henrik of Ryanair PR,

A, Ryanair are trying to get into longhaul - either by buying up Aer Lingus or by setting up on their own.

B, they are massively disingenuous as to their charges - and they fiddle things (for a start, I bet Trading Standards need to take a very close interest in the accuracy of their luggage scales....) - there is ZERO transparency

C, they just cancel flights if they are not full (I have had LOTS of experience of this - and when they do, they don't just put you on the next plane, they invite you to buy a ticket on the next plane - for which they have usually just quintupled or more the fares.....

D, it's taken a lot of work, but Michael O'Leary is actually less appealing than Robert Maxwell, Rupert Murdoch and Philip Green, which takes an awful lot of doing. He really is an odious little ratboy.

E, unfortunately, we do everything on price, not quality and decency, I just wish more people would be principled and simply vote with their wallet, so we could put this firm out of business.....

F, there is ZERO chance of standing on flights - safety regs won't allow it - I have to give the marketing director some credit, it gets them publicity, but at some point, being famous for being annoying won't translate to an improvement in either the P&L or the Balance Sheet....

HOLA4420
Guest theboltonfury

It would be a real treat if the airport Ryanair land in was in at least the same country as the billed destination. By the time you've spent on trains to get into town, they really aren't that expensive.

HOLA4421
It would be a real treat if the airport Ryanair land in was in at least the same country as the billed destination. By the time you've spent on trains to get into town, they really aren't that expensive.

you thought you were going to Vienna then !

I actually booked Aer Lingus the other way - to get to Bratislava - easy coach ride to Bratislava, Vienna Airport is not unpleasant and you can get food etc there that's actually edible, easy connections to LGW (not sodding Stansted), same price as Ryanbastardair and even though Lyinair own a significant stake in AL, it was a much more pleasant way to do it - and I did not have 2 hours of M25 to fight round to get to the airport or home.

HOLA4422
Standing up on a plane is just bloody dangerous.

No its not. Being on a plane falling back to earth is dangerous but just standing in one really isn't.

There are far more health and safety fanatics on this site than I realised. shame on you lot.

Health and safety will last about as long as cheap energy.

Give it a few years and you will all be screaming for cheap flights and frankly you will all end up accepting what you can get.

This WILL happen in the future.

HOLA4423
Guest theboltonfury
No its not. Being on a plane falling back to earth is dangerous but just standing in one really isn't.

There are far more health and safety fanatics on this site than I realised. shame on you lot.

Health and safety will last about as long as cheap energy.

Give it a few years and you will all be screaming for cheap flights and frankly you will all end up accepting what you can get.

This WILL happen in the future.

Of course it is, what about unexpected serious turbulence?

HOLA4424

Its not low cost when you have added the extras and the cost of the taxis because it never lands anywhere near to where it is advertised! Why support a bad business!

HOLA4425

Archived