House Price Crash Forum
Guest KingCharles1st

The Electorate Will Decide The Economic Pathway I Reckon

Guest KingCharles1st

and Mr. Brown and his tea party friends have got to "big up" or step down.

It now seems the only people not admitting the country in it's present condition is on limited life support are LABOUR, the CONSERVATIVES, AND THE BANKS

Read some interesting prose here

"King warned that unless the government rapidly reduces its borrowing requirement, international investors might be unwilling to continue to finance it. The bank found that more than a quarter of City financiers are now seriously concerned about a government default."

So either Brown realises - and does the financial reset thing- how- I haven't got a clue, OR- a new/revitalised party comes along that opens it all up and spends a lot of money on advertising the shocking state of UK PLC to the masses via the print and other media, thus pressuring a massive sea change in current Government thinking to keep up.

I just cannot see any other way out now.

It now seems the only people not admitting the country in it's present condition is on limited life support are LABOUR, the CONSERVATIVES, AND THE BANKS

"King warned that unless the government rapidly reduces its borrowing requirement, international investors might be unwilling to continue to finance it. The bank found that more than a quarter of City financiers are now seriously concerned about a government default."

So either Brown realises - and does the financial reset thing- how- I haven't got a clue, OR- a new/revitalised party comes along that opens it all up and spends a lot of money on advertising the shocking state of UK PLC to the masses via the print and other media, thus pressuring a massive sea change in current Government thinking to keep up.

I don't think either banks or the Conservatives are in any doubt of the seriousness. There was an interview with john Major at the weekend which was pretty explicit. Camerons problem is how much damage does he do to the country and his party by being very downbeat. The banks are fully aware, but as they are trying to sell off assets or hedge risk, why would they announce it. Indeed most of Labour know it, I am just not sure if Gordon is in denial, or whether he is fully aware and happy to drive us into the ground - I fear it may be the latter given his penchant for decisons that are clearly for short term political gain at long term cost, denial would be in some part to diminish his responsiblity for the sad catastrophe unfolding.

Green shoots... I think we forget there was a window last year when we thought it might not be so bad, between NR going down, when Lehmans were able to raise a few $bns before going down. Hope springs eternal but the reality always wins.

I don't think either banks or the Conservatives are in any doubt of the seriousness. There was an interview with john Major at the weekend which was pretty explicit. Camerons problem is how much damage does he do to the country and his party by being very downbeat. The banks are fully aware, but as they are trying to sell off assets or hedge risk, why would they announce it. Indeed most of Labour know it, I am just not sure if Gordon is in denial, or whether he is fully aware and happy to drive us into the ground - I fear it may be the latter given his penchant for decisons that are clearly for short term political gain at long term cost, denial would be in some part to diminish his responsiblity for the sad catastrophe unfolding.

Green shoots... I think we forget there was a window last year when we thought it might not be so bad, between NR going down, when Lehmans were able to raise a few $bns before going down. Hope springs eternal but the reality always wins.

I'd agree with that, but whether the conservatives will be able to deliver the 20% cuts that are needed we shall wait and say. Labour are stuck between a rock and a hard place here and will be unable to do anything other than create some froth about cuts without delivering.... promising to deliver cuts ofr labour will admit to the following:

They have been wasting money for years

It's possible to cut without cutting key services.

both of which they have been resiting with all the vigour and energy they can muster..... plus of course ... any cuts will involve to a degree wage freezes/job cuts/pension changes etc... and they run in fear of the winter of discontnet and the furore this will create within the bloated public service they have created.

my concern for the conservative ability to deliver comes through camerons statement that he'll stick with the recommendations of the pay review bodies on public sector pay.... unless of course he knows they are going to recommend a freeze and he is going to use them to tear up current agreements.

We could try selling Scotland and Northern Ireland. Might even get a few bob for the Falklands.

p-o-p

Guest UK Debt Slave
Its obvious the other way out of this

is to borrow more and spend more

Your forum name says it all. ;)

We could try selling Scotland and Northern Ireland. Might even get a few bob for the Falklands.

p-o-p

We cant sell Scotland !................So many great things have come from Scotland..................Like RBS, HBOS, Dumfermlin Building Society, Alistar Darling and Gordon Brown.

Scotland the brave !!!!!!

I'm all for slashing public spending but we can't just cut people loose without letting them forage for themselves.

If this is the route to go there must also be;

* relaxation to the extreme of planning rules - people should be free to build what they want where they want, on land they own (building land will there fore be very cheap and house costs low and specification will be up to the commissioner of the build).

* reduction of the minimum age of school leaving to 15. Why are kids impriosoned at school when there is no point for many of them? Reduce education spend accordingly, in line with the fewer people involved (while making more available for vocational training).

* make the cuts at the centre and let the effects move outward - that means close government departments and QUANGOs first.

* an end to subsidy of companies who are not wholly owned and tax paying in the UK.

I know many would go further but right now we can do what we can do. What we can't is just put people on the dole and continue to deny them the ability to fend for themselves through state restrictions.

Guest KingCharles1st
I think you'll find Goldman Sachs have decided that's their job.

Yeah- well they can fu ck right off :lol:

We cant sell Scotland !................So many great things have come from Scotland..................Like RBS, HBOS, Dumfermlin Building Society, Alistar Darling and Gordon Brown.

071rabcnesbitt_228x284.jpg

.....and alex salmond :P