House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

three pint princess

North Korea Tv Ad

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=329_1246663034

In an apparent first, North Korea — a country that struggles to feed its 24 million people — has aired a beer commercial on state television.

The advertisement, which lasted nearly three minutes after a news program on Thursday, showed a grinning Korean man with sweat on his face holding a glass of beer, with a caption that read, "Taedong River Beer is the pride of Pyongyang."

The More..commercial said the beer relieves stress and improves health and longevity. It also showed images of a pub it said was in the capital of Pyongyang, filled with people drinking.

Normally, there are no advertisements on television in North Korea, an isolated, communist country that tightly controls its economy and is wary of capitalistic influences.

Yep, got the Idea from Us, If your people get pissed every night they not noice their lack of freedoms & how badly run things are.

Mike

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=329_1246663034

In an apparent first, North Korea — a country that struggles to feed its 24 million people — has aired a beer commercial on state television.

The advertisement, which lasted nearly three minutes after a news program on Thursday, showed a grinning Korean man with sweat on his face holding a glass of beer, with a caption that read, "Taedong River Beer is the pride of Pyongyang."

The More..commercial said the beer relieves stress and improves health and longevity. It also showed images of a pub it said was in the capital of Pyongyang, filled with people drinking.

Normally, there are no advertisements on television in North Korea, an isolated, communist country that tightly controls its economy and is wary of capitalistic influences.

It's probably made with the brewing equipment from the UK. Some years ago one of the private equity spivs bought a brewery but were only interested in its pub property estate and so they closed the brewery and flogged the kit off to a similar birds of a feather, ethics free entity, the North Korean government.

Could be a market selling it to cash rich Londoners as a NK beer. T-shirts maybe.

Obviously combined with the advert, and synth track.

Edit2: No i'm wrong I did post this in House prices and the economy, Mods could you move to Off Topic, thanks.

Reminds me of the British Leyland adverts from the 1970s. They lasted far too long and promoted a mediocre product. But honestly, it's no different from commercials for Lloyds-TSB-HBOS, a state-owned enterprise, advertising mortgages and current accounts. It's just that our advertising has had a chance to mature and become more sophisticated.

Allegro, the new driving force from Austin...

Leyland Cars

It's probably made with the brewing equipment from the UK. Some years ago one of the private equity spivs bought a brewery but were only interested in its pub property estate and so they closed the brewery and flogged the kit off to a similar birds of a feather, ethics free entity, the North Korean government.

Ushers if I recall.....a shame, decent stuff.............