House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiggerthetiger

Anita Harris Homeless And Peniless

The singer, who released several Top 40 singles, starred as Nurse Clark in the film Carry On Doctor and once posed nude for Mayfair magazine, fears the couple could end up sleeping in their car.

She told the Mail on Sunday: "We have had a series of bad blows and they keep on coming. I feel so ashamed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/m...5000-debts.html

I can't feel too sorry for her when she got nearly a million from selling a house that probably only cost only a tiny fraction of that when she bought. Totally irresponsible.

"If I've made any mistakes on our behalf it's to keep up an image that's expected of me."

When I read that, I lost any sympathy at all......

and once posed nude for Mayfair magazine

What, what, what!!! :o

Why does no one tell me about these things?

I remember Anita in her heyday. She used to assist TV magician David Nixon (think Paul Daniels, but with charm).

It's part of the profession to be on top

That's all very well, as long as the work is coming in. I would imagine her TV director husband is retired by now as well?

What, what, what!!! :o

Why does no one tell me about these things?

I remember Anita in her heyday. She used to assist TV magician David Nixon (think Paul Daniels, but with charm).

That's all very well, as long as the work is coming in. I would imagine her TV director husband is retired by now as well?

Here you go Bart....take a trip down memory lane (just suffer the ad to start) its not before my time either :rolleyes:

http://www.nme.com/video/id/NBpCNcbnwjU/search

One with David Nixon too.....grainy though...

No, he is a hugely successful artist:

At the end of May, Mike – who had taken up painting as a hobby but was now pursuing it as a career – put on a show of his work at the prestigious Partridge Gallery on London’s Bond Street.

The couple claim his collection of 66 paintings had been valued at £500,000. The sales would have allowed the couple to pay off their debts – but there were no buyers.

Instead, a squad of bailiffs working on behalf of Weybridge Council swooped on the Gallery after reading about the show in a newspaper column. They confiscated 12 artworks – valued at around £140,000 – to settle £1,200 in unpaid council tax arrears from the time Anita and Mike spent in Weybridge.

http://www.totallyjewish.com/entertainment...ontent_id=11543

I quite like his cat picture actually ;)

If she's a member of the actors' union Equity and has always paid her subs, they will not let her end up sleeping in her car as they give quite generous grants to members in distress. All part of the service.

No, he is a hugely successful artist:

At the end of May, Mike – who had taken up painting as a hobby but was now pursuing it as a career – put on a show of his work at the prestigious Partridge Gallery on London’s Bond Street.

The couple claim his collection of 66 paintings had been valued at £500,000. The sales would have allowed the couple to pay off their debts – but there were no buyers.

Instead, a squad of bailiffs working on behalf of Weybridge Council swooped on the Gallery after reading about the show in a newspaper column. They confiscated 12 artworks – valued at around £140,000 – to settle £1,200 in unpaid council tax arrears from the time Anita and Mike spent in Weybridge.

http://www.totallyjewish.com/entertainment...ontent_id=11543

I quite like his cat picture actually ;)

:lol::lol: not quite in the Tamara De Lempicka league but to be fair it does seem they were almost as astute as Tammy when it came to finances

Guest theboltonfury
:lol::lol: not quite in the Tamara De Lempicka league but to be fair it does seem they were almost as astute as Tammy when it came to finances

She opened my school fete in 1988 and was charming.

the couple were evicted from their last home, a flat above a garage near Hyde Park they rented from sympathetic friends, owing £7,500

Not that sympathetic when it came to being £7,500 out of pocket.

Here you go Bart....take a trip down memory lane (just suffer the ad to start) its not before my time either :rolleyes:

http://www.nme.com/video/id/NBpCNcbnwjU/search

One with David Nixon too.....grainy though...

You're very kind young sir. Truly a gorgeous woman.

"I pray that you will come to me,

And make my wildest dreams come true".

Any time Anita, any time.

David Nixon: "Oh she's very willing". :wub:

They're not having much luck are they?

If she's a member of the actors' union Equity and has always paid her subs, they will not let her end up sleeping in her car as they give quite generous grants to members in distress. All part of the service.

Richard O'Sullivan (Man about the House, Robin's Nest, Me and My Girl) ended up in Brinsworth House actors home when he fell on hard times.

article-0-02F5FEBE000005DC-394_224x452.jpg

article-0-03009B3B000005DC-559_468x725.jpg

The cost of running the place is met by things like income from the Royal Variety Performance.

And in the past:

Previous celebrity residents have included:

* Charlie Drake (died 2006)

* Alan Freeman CBE (died 2006)

* John Hewer - best known as Captain Birdseye (died 2008)

* Dame Thora Hird (died 2003)

* Emily Perry (died 2008)

Richard O'Sullivan is only 65 - he looks 80+ in that photo.

And in the past:

Previous celebrity residents have included:

* Charlie Drake (died 2006)

* Alan Freeman CBE (died 2006)

* John Hewer - best known as Captain Birdseye (died 2008)

* Dame Thora Hird (died 2003)

* Emily Perry (died 2008)

Some people dont age well do they....is it genes I wonder..or lifestyle or both.

Crikey he looks awful.I still remember him (O`sullivan)in man about the house...

He does look very bad in those pics.

Never knew that he dated Sally Thomsett for 3 years.

Here is Sally at 57.

sallyMOS2601_228x618.jpg

I remember Anita in her heyday.

I met her when I was on a school trip to a museum in Bristol. She was there doing some filming. It was the highlight of the trip !! Must have been around 1970 I think. She spent ages signing autographs for loads of us.

davidk.jpg

Richard O'Sullivan (Man about the House, Robin's Nest, Me and My Girl) ended up in Brinsworth House actors home when he fell on hard times.

And in Robin's Nest, who can forget the inimitable one-armed Irish dishwasher, Albert Riddle?, played by David Kelley:

How I laughed at his thicko Paddywhackery, and the many jokes about his lack of an arm!

"Albert's up in arms about the powercut - Sorry - up in arm!!" How we all fell about with hilarity!!!

Only in retrospect did I realise that I was both racist and disablist.

A shame I cannot erase.

post-12677-1246830358_thumb.jpg

She told the Mail on Sunday: "We have had a series of bad blows and they keep on coming. I feel so ashamed."[/i]

Hmm. A cynic might suggest that it was any number of decent blows that got her showbiz career up n running.

Only in retrospect did I realise that I was both racist and disablist.

I'm adding a new 'ism' to the list of non-PC discriminations. Brokism - discriminating in a gloating manner against people who have falllen on hard times.

How I laughed at his thicko Paddywhackery, and the many jokes about his lack of an arm!

David got the last laugh. He's still going strong. Stardust (great film), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and of course, his hard to forget naked motorbike ride in Waking Ned.

David got the last laugh. He's still going strong. Stardust (great film), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and of course, his hard to forget naked motorbike ride in Waking Ned.

For me, a greater cinematic moment than the whole of Citizen Kane.

Orson Welles would never have had the courage to bare his **** on the cold seat of a speeding Brough Superior...