House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spivT

Are Hamish, Rinoa Et Al Right ? Is That Why They're Not Posting

Well ? Job done for the gruesome twosome. And they don't feel the need to torture some of wavering bears anymore.

Not likely.

Columbo aka rinoa at the other place seems to suggest that the last time the market turned they were, how shall we say ?, absent from posting for a while on here.

So what gives, is this place really just going to be a case of reading cashinmattress spam [it's good spam cim ;) ]

and fallacious high/hyper-inflation warnings, which go hand in hand with a total misunderstanding of govt. debt.

In which case, i do hope that too many don't get suckered.

Well ? Job done for the gruesome twosome. And they don't feel the need to torture some of wavering bears anymore.

Not likely.

Columbo aka rinoa at the other place seems to suggest that the last time the market turned they were, how shall we say ?, absent from posting for a while on here.

So what gives, is this place really just going to be a case of reading cashinmattress spam [it's good spam cim ;) ]

and fallacious high/hyper-inflation warnings, which go hand in hand with a total misunderstanding of govt. debt.

In which case, i do hope that too many don't get suckered.

You're giving those two clowns too much credit I think.

Poor decision to relegate them to troll, btw. They seemed no worse than TTRTR and he was never going to be barred.

Hooray, groupthink here we come.

The Hamish gets a name check in the Sunday Times this week.

Waiting to be called into the cubbyhole, I overheard a teller: “If the stock market goes up you make money, and it doesn’t have to go up by much. . . capital protected. . . you can’t really lose. . .†There you go. Lloyds tries to sell Mr McTavish from the farmhouse up the road a complex structured product.

They have all been put on pre-moderation, which means their posts do not appear until they have been read and approved by a moderator. This can take several hours and makes debate in real time impossible.

Shame really as it livens up the forum. Its not unknown for forum operators to hire "contrarians" in order to get people wound up and posting (not that I'm suggesting HPC resorts to such tactics). The TV media does this a lot with discussion shows. Its a kind of "Link Baiting."

They have all been put on pre-moderation, which means their posts do not appear until they have been read and approved by a moderator. This can take several hours and makes debate in real time impossible.

yeah, I disagree with this. Annoying as they are a debate has to have as many perspectives as possible to be educational, it has to have atleast two perspectives to even be a debate.

I do, however, like their new orange hair. :lol:

yeah, I disagree with this. Annoying as they are a debate has to have as many perspectives as possible to be educational, it has to have atleast two perspectives to even be a debate.

I do, however, like their new orange hair. :lol:

It's pants, particularly when you consider the pi55ing and moaning that goes on when an HPCer gets barred from another forum for expressing negative views on the housing market.

Without debate and data from both sides, we're losing half the value of HPC.

:rolleyes:

quite why anyone would want to post under such 'pre-moderation'. I suppose that's the point isn't it.

i'm not surprised mctavish is vocal on MSE....if anything this sends out a message that his views are vindicated by this action. Quite whether mctavish views get to the masses and feed the sheeple sentiment [unlikely] or he is more of a reflection of the masses and their beliefs/confidence in the hosing market [more likely], so why be running scared ?

He's just a reflection of what most homeowners think, prices will come down but not by as much as people think. Long-term there are serious supply and demand issues. And when you have a govt. which depends on economic success via credit/debt expansion, there are clearly forces at work to enact a return to the norm.

I suppose I should be thankful I'm only on troll watch.

Seriously, what is the point of isolating everyone who doesn't have a negative view on the housing market?

This is sending me a meggage that the board mods are running scared. The tides turning and they don't like it.

for once i agree with you sibley, But there's no reason for them to be runnign scared. During a hpc you don't get a continuous stream of bearish data, and while the last quarter has seen a change to the upside if someone has confidence in their argument about economic fundamentals and house price values as a result they shouldn't be concerned.

Unless they are more concerned about the govt. market manipulation actually able to sustain a return of the animal spirits. In which case do what Daddy Bear did and take the plunge [except not be quite concerned about high inflation], don't pre-moderate those pointing out the obvious.

Seriously, what is the point of isolating everyone who doesn't have a negative view on the housing market?

This is sending me a meggage that the board mods are running scared. The tides turning and they don't like it.

Although my view- that we are in for another 20% fall in house prices- remains unchanged, I completely agree with you Sibs. I think it is a very poor decision.

It has always been my opinion that a member's posting rights should not be curtailed simply because he believes that house prices are about to rise, and although I disagree with that view, I do not think it an unreasonable view to hold.

Although my view- that we are in for another 20% fall in house prices- remains unchanged, I completely agree with you Sibs. I think it is a very poor decision.

It has always been my opinion that a member's posting rights should not be curtailed simply because he believes that house prices are about to rise, and although I disagree with that view, I do not think it an unreasonable view to hold.

+1

yes. This place has an incredibly strong tendency to groupthink - and this decision will only confirm that

I've often argued against rinoa especially, but I think that silencing them is a retrograde step

Well done mods.

It's like a breath of fresh air.

They are not ordinary posters with bullish opinions, they are trolls, estate agents and other property professionals (plus the odd NuLabour activist) who are here to talk up the market, as described in my sig.

as opposed to the legions of Tory and BNP activists who are allowed to post freely ?

I'm with you entirely in the irritation of VIs using fora for their own agendas, and i agree that your sig does stirling work in identifying one set of such, , but banning one set of views alone doesn't help.

I agree. This was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Ahh well, other forums are available.

Well done mods.

They are not ordinary posters with bullish opinions, they are trolls, estate agents and other property professionals (plus the odd NuLabour activist) who are here to talk up the market, as described in my sig.

Spot on Bruce; you may well be incessant but i've always admired the dedication to the cause of 'troll-outing'.

Fook 'em, they won't be missed.

I agree it's insane that we have a thought police. You are free to think what you like, we are supposedly a free country and you can believe what you like.

Is Troll watch like Springwatch & Autumnwatch?

And what's a meggage? :P

Well done mods.

The problem with your signature is that the likes of rinoa, sibley and mctavish signed up some time ago rather than in the last few days.

as for andykyn i can totally believe he's a nulabour fanboi, explained in part in my view by his inane debate re role of the state/govt. with injin.....looks like just the type of bloke to defend many of the actions of the interfering nulabour officialdom. that makes him more of a deluded irritant who buys into the nulabour 'doing what's best for us' garbage, buoyed by nulabour doing what's best for the value of his house no doubt.... doesn't make him an EA troll though does it ?

As for daddybear being a troll, he was a hyperinflationary STR who slept on a bed of a bullion. Doesn't that make him 'one of us'. :blink:

The problem with your signature is that the likes of rinoa, sibley and mctavish signed up some time ago rather than in the last few days.

as for andykyn i can totally believe he's a nulabour fanboi, explained in part in my view by his inane debate re role of the state/govt. with injin.....looks like just the type of bloke to defend many of the actions of the interfering nulabour officialdom. that makes him more of a deluded irritant who buys into the nulabour 'doing what's best for us' garbage, buoyed by nulabour doing what's best for the value of his house no doubt.... doesn't make him an EA troll though does it ?

As for daddybear being a troll, he was a hyperinflationary STR who slept on a bed of a bullion. Doesn't that make him 'one of us'. :blink:

:rolleyes: