House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

David Frost And Fergie Set To "clean Up" In Property!

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/Ferguson...-in-.5430043.jp

SIR Alex Ferguson and Sir David Frost are setting up a £1 billion property business that aims to buy up property at knock-down prices with the support of Middle Eastern investors.

The football manager and the television personality intend to seek backing for commercial property deals across Europe on the basis that the bottom of the market has been reached.

Well these are more astute business people than me I suppose, but I think it has a long way to go..

Also an "old friend of HPC" is involved..

Other backers of the aAim group include Grant Bovey, the buy-to-let entrepreneur and husband of the television presenter Anthea Turner.

I don't know whether to laugh, cull, or throw up :unsure:

The bottom has been reached :lol::lol::lol:

My brother has just sold his house at peak price (he bought after Northern Rock and has just managed to sell at the same price :lol: ) in Scotland. Onwards and upwards from here.

They don't call it the wealth destruction phase for nothing, the bubble years created illusionary fortunes, as these are ploughed back in the marked does it's work. You would not have though such senior people can be so naive but they are of the generation that have known nothing other than growth and improving living standards.

I wonder if this is all hype. Get a few big names into the pot declaring the "bottom has been reached" in order to change sentiment.

They tried this after the "1929 Great Crash" with public displays of share buying by establishment figures and it didn't work then.

I wonder if this is all hype. Get a few big names into the pot declaring the "bottom has been reached" in order to change sentiment.

They tried this after the "1929 Great Crash" with public displays of share buying by establishment figures and it didn't work then.

It does very much smack of that, it seems such a bizarre story that it would not have been out of place on April 1st.

I don't know about Grant Bovey - perhaps he's on board for his expertise in the property business but I suspect the others are already heavily into property and are trying to talk up the market so that they can dump their stock before the next leg down

Fergie seems to be loosing it.

Has he ever had it? The man is such an embarrassment.

I loathe kickball, but years ago we were in a local bar just after his lot had lost to Porto.

Ferguson was interviewed & his English was, as ever, barely comprehensible.

Mourinho was next, speaking excellent English.

We then had to explain to the locals why we were laughing so much.

Has he ever had it? The man is such an embarrassment.

I loathe kickball, but years ago we were in a local bar just after his lot had lost to Porto.

Ferguson was interviewed & his English was, as ever, barely comprehensible.

Mourinho was next, speaking excellent English.

We then had to explain to the locals why we were laughing so much.

Funny that. When Utd win, a few celebrate. When Utd loose, the world celebrates. I loathe football more and more everyday. I wonder if this dislike is perennial among most of the fans. How can one aspect of economy(football) remain so detached from the reality?

David Frost is 70 years old. You'd think that by this time he'd have all the money he's ever likely to need and he'd be sitting down and putting his feet up.

i just imagine all these desperate fools standing closely packed in a circle around the corpse of the goose that laid golden eggs shouting out of the circle to the public that it's alive and well while Bovey franticaly attempts cpr by ramming cash into it's mouth and Fergie begs the doctor for another few jolts of it's heart.

Funny that. When Utd win, a few celebrate. When Utd loose, the world celebrates.

You may have missed my point?

We were laughing over his lack of native language skill compared to a foreigner speaking it.

I couldn't give a damn who wins as the game is rarely played as a sport should be.

Edited by Laura

Another lesson in the limitlessness of human greed.

These people are multimillionaires who should be retired.

Are Fergie and Frost putting up their own money or is it more like an 'Ocean Finance' advert, fronted by successful people to lure in the mug punters?

In which case WTF is Bovey involved for? Must have scented the stench of easy money, (the poor b**tard is down to a £6m pwopewdy now).

I better finish here as I can feel the anger mounting.

The dinosaurs were never aware of their impending extinction and the human equivalent aren't either.

They're desperately trying to breath life into a dying paradigm.

Let's think of an analogy...

The economic Titanic is sinking (for "this ship is unsinkable" think, "limitless growth") and their multi-million pound yachts are chained to it.

In fact the Titanic analogy is quite apt as it too sunk in two stages and it looks that way for the limitless growth paradigm.