House Price Crash Forum

F1 Boss Loves Nazis & Sadam

Mega

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
You forgot to include Mrs T. Bernie admires Hitler, Saddam and Mrs T. They could 'get things done'.

Yes sir, and notable by your omission you forgot to mention other "doers" such as Uncle Joe Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, Pol Pot and we are yet to establish what Kim Jong Il has been up to.

Just countering the received wisdom that the above killed millions in some friendly and progressive way (I think it is usually described as communism) that doesn't really count if we don't mention it.

HOLA446

Hitler was very good at getting things done. I dont see how anyone can argue with this. The Nazi machine was highly efficient and well oiled. The list of technological achievments by the Nazis is very long.

Just because you dont agree with what he did, doesnt mean he wasnt good at doing it.

HOLA447
Hitler was very good at getting things done. I dont see how anyone can argue with this. The Nazi machine was highly efficient and well oiled. The list of technological achievments by the Nazis is very long.

Just because you dont agree with what he did, doesnt mean he wasnt good at doing it.

Good ol' IBM

HOLA448

On reflection, 'appy Adolf was hardly the epitome of philanthropy, but I suppose he got the trains running on time.

HOLA449
Hitler was very good at getting things done. I dont see how anyone can argue with this.

He was very good at getting things done, and your statement is true in my opinion and I don't

think you support Hitler in any way.

It wasn't sustainable, high taxes, import controls reduced to barter, expansion into other territories

and huge Government debt, default on external debts to the USA or repatriations massive control

and pandering to single interest groups.

The UK could build some new roads for the first time in 10 years or so, or upgrade the entire rail network

but unless you have a long term plan , eventually it starts to slip and then regress.

Murdering everyone over 65 would save the UK some money instantly, it could go to building hospitals for

children and schools but it doesn't make it long term sustainable.

""It is not wise to deprive a people of the economic resources necessary for its existence without taking into consideration the fact that the population dependent on them are bound to the soil and will have to be fed. The idea that the economic extermination of a nation of sixty-five millions would be of service to other nations is absurd. Any people inclined to follow such a line of thought would, under the law of cause and effect, soon experience that the doom which they were preparing for another nation would swiftly overtake them. The very idea of reparations and the way in which they were enforced will become a classic example in the history of the nations of how seriously international welfare can be damaged by hasty and unconsidered action."

— From Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922–August 1939. Vol. 2. New York, 1969 —

http://www.americanforeignrelations.com/E-...eparations.html

HOLA4410
Hitler was very good at getting things done. I dont see how anyone can argue with this. The Nazi machine was highly efficient and well oiled.

The Nazi machine was blessed by the enginuity and formidable character of the german people. Nazism itself was hopelessly inefficient, non-stop back-stabbing and politiking meant that frequently then best designs were given low priority because the designer was in poor favour with some seniour nazi. The Fw190, for example, was a far superior fighter to the Bf109 but the latter remained their pre-eminent fighter throughout the war. The Ju88 is another example of a world-beating design that almost got binned entirely due to political infighting.

Plus, Hitler's influence dictated that the nazis wasted vast resources on nonsense like the V2 instead of producing the tanks and planes they needed.

HOLA4411
The Nazi machine was blessed by the enginuity and formidable character of the german people. Nazism itself was hopelessly inefficient, non-stop back-stabbing and politiking meant that frequently then best designs were given low priority because the designer was in poor favour with some seniour nazi. The Fw190, for example, was a far superior fighter to the Bf109 but the latter remained their pre-eminent fighter throughout the war. The Ju88 is another example of a world-beating design that almost got binned entirely due to political infighting.

Plus, Hitler's influence dictated that the nazis wasted vast resources on nonsense like the V2 instead of producing the tanks and planes they needed.

What you say is very true.However once Hitler had made the mistakes of choosing the USSR and the USA as enemies his fate was sealed.The German Army was broken and demoralised by Stalingrad and from that point on was on the retreat on all fronts.In truth his only real hope was in 1940 with the conquest of Britain,followed by a diplomatic settlement that would have allowed him the whole of Europe.However opinion generally was that even this was unachievable with the resources of the time,in particular the hare brained scheme of an invasion fleet of barges designed for inland waterways that would have sunk like stones in an English Channel squall.

HOLA4412

Archived