House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Just Paid £1 Off My Mortgage With 2p I've Found On The Floor

This is approximately where I am now. Got loads of the commie era Hungarian currency. Why didn't I change it?

Can't I send it off to charity or something?

Oxfam take any foreign currency and can turn it into cash.

Young daughter toddled off into the gaming area at the motorway services this Bank Holiday. Went in to bring her back. No-one else around - the last person did leave me eight pound coins in one of the fruit machine pay outs though. Over 11 quid for the month now and rapidly approaching 40 quid for the year.

Young daughter toddled off into the gaming area at the motorway services this Bank Holiday. Went in to bring her back. No-one else around - the last person did leave me eight pound coins in one of the fruit machine pay outs though. Over 11 quid for the month now and rapidly approaching 40 quid for the year.

All the luck's coming your way. After a poor winter and spring, I saw a pound coin on the floor by the trolleys in Tesco today. I was momentarily disoriented by this sensational change of luck, giving an athletic Tesco drone in a high-viz jacket his chance. He was on that coin in a flash.

My personal drought continues....

Twenty pound notes for sale from 99p on bbay....

Fifty pound note highest bid so far £120....... :blink:

We don't want to buy 'em. We want to find 'em! 10p yesterday. Onward and upward.

Edited by juvenal

I pocketed 8p change from the £50 my dad gave me to get meat from the butchers SCORE!! Although it could have horribly gone the other way since that was the limit and I wasn't counting what I was buying :S

Slow few weeks - was out of the country for a wee while, which doesn't lend itself well to finding Sterling on the streets. Found 20p at Heathrow though.

16p so far this month.

Slow few weeks - was out of the country for a wee while, which doesn't lend itself well to finding Sterling on the streets. Found 20p at Heathrow though.

16p so far this month.

The other year I found 5p in Turkey.

We don't want to buy 'em. We want to find 'em! 10p yesterday. Onward and upward.

Oh alright then....found a pound coin on the grass in the pub garden, under the table, used it to pay for a few glugs of my half pint....mortgage will have to wait this time. ;)

Been very poor so far this year, although at the weekend I did find a £1 coin.

It's like people have suddenly discovered money has value!

I found a pound at sainsburys this weekend. Problem is I also lost £20 note somewhere...

Worst weekend of my life...

Perhaps I should just take each coin in as I find it to pay down the debts then? That could be an interesting tactic I wonder at what point the bank would send me a letter if I kept paying it off that way.

They can't refuse legal tender can they?

Perhaps everyone on HPC should join in and see what happens with thousands of people paying a penny off the mortgage each time.

Just found 3p more in the park. :P

Just rob tramps.

Works for the government.

Good week so far found 46p so far. Looks like the economic good.times are back.

Green shoots alright. I'm 35p up, and it's only half way through the week. Let the good times roll!

Up 3p today.

However my mate sent me the following link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396473/The-REAL-penny-pincher-Angry-ex-wife-pays-divorce-settlement-COINS-mixed-rice-beans.html

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned - especially when she is armed with loose change and a few plastic containers.

When faced with a court order to pay her ex-husband $50.12 as part of a divorce settlement, the aggrieved spouse ponied up the money in pennies delivered in Tupperware filled with rice and beans.